Republicans have a poor understanding of economics. They should have no place in making policy

Top 10 Unhappiest States:

1. West Virginia - Republican/Democrat
2. Kentucky - Republican
3. Mississippi - Republican
4. Tennessee - Republican
5. Arkansas - Republican
6. Alabama - Republican
7. Ohio - Republican/Democrat
8. Louisiana - Republican
9. Indiana - Republican
10. Oklahoma - Republican

I found this......

The Unhappiest States in America

It does not match your list by a long shot.

I see Chris found out most if the top 10 job producing states are red because he won't post it. Lmao

Your just a economic Nincompoop hiding behind glasses :lol:

"You're"
Remind me how much smarter you are. You fuck up every post with wrong information and graphs you can't read. You dont even bother defending them anymore.

I've kicked the shit out of your stupid ass lies. You have no defense. Your spelling is far worse than mine. "dont" is supposed to have an apostrophe you retard & you need to learn where capital letters go in words & sentences.

That's: "'Don't' is supposed to have an apostrophe, you retard."
Yeah. Thanks.
You havent kicked the shit out of anything except your credibility. You are consistently wrong and post graphs to prove how little you know.

I'm still waiting for proof from you that raising minimum wage ever caused inflation in the USA! You can't deliver because it never happened. I have kicked your ass on this over & over again. Republicans are inflationary & have caused massive inflation time after time. I have crushed your stupid ass on that countless times also.

In a complex economy with hundreds of variables at work, how would you ever prove some thing like this.

To suggest it is to admit you've got your nose in a 1st year econ book and have not pulled it out yet.

That might be one place he's got it.
I never maintained anythign like that. But to claim that raising wages has no effect on inflation is stupid.

You put words in my mouth and then claim I cant back my claims? I cant back your claims. No one can. BEcause you are an economic nincompoop
Your just a economic Nincompoop hiding behind glasses :lol:

"You're"
Remind me how much smarter you are. You fuck up every post with wrong information and graphs you can't read. You dont even bother defending them anymore.

I've kicked the shit out of your stupid ass lies. You have no defense. Your spelling is far worse than mine. "dont" is supposed to have an apostrophe you retard & you need to learn where capital letters go in words & sentences.

Yeah. Thanks.
You havent kicked the shit out of anything except your credibility. You are consistently wrong and post graphs to prove how little you know.

I'm still waiting for proof from you that raising minimum wage ever caused inflation in the USA! You can't deliver because it never happened. I have kicked your ass on this over & over again. Republicans are inflationary & have caused massive inflation time after time. I have crushed your stupid ass on that countless times also.

I'm waitiing for proof I ever wrote that it did.
You've lost the debate and now want to deflect to declare victory over something I never wrote.
There has been no inflation. You posted a graph that didnt demonstrate any,and then failed to defend it when I called you on it.
You're a disgrace, honestly.

What I really like about a federal sales tax is that the merchants would collect the taxes as they already are doing. This would allow for a tremendous downsizing of the IRS monstrosity. That empire needs to go. Of course there's always the possibility that instead of cutting the number of employees at the IRS Obama would simply move them over to enforcement of his ACA debacle. The IRS is a rogue government agency that should have its funding cut by about a third as punishment for it's lawless actions. Handing over the tax returns of American taxpayers to the Obama Administration is a violation of the law and some people should be prosecuted for such criminal actions.
Federal sales tax is an increase in taxes for the middle class and the poor and a reduction of taxes for the rich.

Rank and file republicans are always carrying water for the 1%.

No. A federal sales tax would require that everyone pay a little something toward the upkeep of the roads, the military, and other government services whic we all enjoy. Since the wealthy would purchase more goods than the middle class and the poor, they would still bear the brunt of the taxes received from the federal sales tax. Under the current income tax system 50% pay no income tax at all yet they enjoy the highways, the military protection, and other government services. In reality, this 50% are also receiving the most benefits from the federal income tax system by way of entitlement programs and ACA insurance subsidies. No American should get a free ride and no American should expect someone else to pay their fair share for them.

1961 to 2012

Republican president job growth - 24 million jobs in 28 years.

Democratic president job growth - 42 million jobs in 24 years.

Bill Clinton says Democratic presidents top Republican presidents in job creation PolitiFact

Yes indeed. We have far more people in part-time jobs and under-employed than we have ever had. Thanks Obama.

Since February 2010, U.S. manufacturing has added more than 700,000 jobs, the fastest pace of job growth since the 1990s.

Average jobs creation per month, last 5 Republican administrations: 71,940
Average job creation per month, last 5 Democratic administrations: 156,003

Trickle down doesn't work.

What I really like about a federal sales tax is that the merchants would collect the taxes as they already are doing. This would allow for a tremendous downsizing of the IRS monstrosity. That empire needs to go. Of course there's always the possibility that instead of cutting the number of employees at the IRS Obama would simply move them over to enforcement of his ACA debacle. The IRS is a rogue government agency that should have its funding cut by about a third as punishment for it's lawless actions. Handing over the tax returns of American taxpayers to the Obama Administration is a violation of the law and some people should be prosecuted for such criminal actions.
Federal sales tax is an increase in taxes for the middle class and the poor and a reduction of taxes for the rich.

No. A federal sales tax would require that everyone pay a little something toward the upkeep of the roads, the military, and other government services whic we all enjoy. Since the wealthy would purchase more goods than the middle class and the poor, they would still bear the brunt of the taxes received from the federal sales tax. Under the current income tax system 50% pay no income tax at all yet they enjoy the highways, the military protection, and other government services. In reality, this 50% are also receiving the most benefits from the federal income tax system by way of entitlement programs and ACA insurance subsidies. No American should get a free ride and no American should expect someone else to pay their fair share for them.
81% of Americans pay federal taxes including payroll taxes for Medicare and Social Security and income taxes. In addition they also pay state taxes, sales taxes and property taxes.

Of the 19% who pay no federal taxes 95% are elderly on fixed incomes or working families.

What kind of political party attacks the elderly and the working poor?.....the Republican Party.

"You're"
Yeah. Thanks.

In a complex economy with hundreds of variables at work, how would you ever prove some thing like this.

To suggest it is to admit you've got your nose in a 1st year econ book and have not pulled it out yet.
I never maintained anythign like that. But to claim that raising wages has no effect on inflation is stupid.

Yes it is, as regulated increases in wages is axiomatically inflationary. It can be no other way.

Think of it this way... Every so often some idiot suggests that 'the government should just give everyone a million dollars.'

So what happens one the first day when that happens. Let's assume this happens on Monday. The previous Friday you called to get your brakes fixed and the mechanic said he could change the front pads for $50.

So you pull into the shop on Monday and the mechanic tells you that he's going on vacation... because he just got his million bucks. But he could do them for you, if you needed 'em, but he'll need $5,000 to make it worth his while. Well, you just got a million bucks, so why not right?

So after he's done with your brakes, he called the Travel agent and finds that his the $500 airline tickets would now $50,000, because the flight crews, now all millionaires are less inclined to fly for Union Scale. Same with the maintenance crews, ATC folks, etc.

So, you take your car and as you're heading down the road, you notice that at the first stop sign that you're brakes are better, but... they squeak something awful.

So you decide to go buy a new car... and you've been checking around and now that you've got a million bucks, you think 'hey... I'm getting that new Camaro Z28. It's only $75,000. So ya whip it into the General's lot and DANG IT! All the Z28s are gone... and he doesn't know when he'll get any more, but the last one he sold that morning went for $750,000 ... .

And so it goes. Bread's $50 loaf... Gas is $30/gal Rent goes from $2000 to $20,000.

There's nothing complex about any of this... simple supply and demand.

Yeah. Thanks.

Yes it is, as regulated increases in wages is axiomatically inflationary. It can be no other way.

Think of it this way... Every so often some idiot suggests that 'the government should just give everyone a million dollars.'

So what happens one the first day when that happens. Let's assume this happens on Monday. The previous Friday you called to get your brakes fixed and the mechanic said he could change the front pads for $50.

So you pull into the shop on Monday and the mechanic tells you that he's going on vacation... because he just got his million bucks. But he could do them for you, if you needed 'em, but he'll need $5,000 to make it worth his while. Well, you just got a million bucks, so why not right?

So after he's done with your brakes, he called the Travel agent and finds that his the $500 airline tickets would now $50,000, because the flight crews, now all millionaires are less inclined to fly for Union Scale. Same with the maintenance crews, ATC folks, etc.

So, you take your car and as you're heading down the road, you notice that at the first stop sign that you're brakes are better, but... they squeak something awful.

So you decide to go buy a new car... and you've been checking around and now that you've got a million bucks, you think 'hey... I'm getting that new Camaro Z28. It's only $75,000. So ya whip it into the General's lot and DANG IT! All the Z28s are gone... and he doesn't know when he'll get any more, but the last one he sold that morning went for $750,000 ... .

And so it goes. Bread's $50 loaf... Gas is $30/gal Rent goes from $2000 to $20,000.

'
Yeah. Thanks.

Yeah. My oldest worked this out for himself when he was ten. Some people are still wrapping their heads around it I suppose.

That only works if Left-think is rinsed from the economy. Please understand, there is no bottom to the Left's need for greater taxation. The Government, in their 'feelings' owns everything... so to make that work, first you need to crush the left.

That only works if Left-think is rinsed from the economy. Please understand, there is no bottom to the Left's need for greater taxation. The Government, in their 'feelings' owns everything... so to make that work, first you need to crush the left.
It amazes me how you people think in such black and white terms. No bottom to greater taxation? Why would any citizen want that? On the one hand you people call the left moochers yet on another hand you accuse the left of wanting ridiculously high tax rates. Do you realize how ridiculous you people sound?

Yeah. Thanks.

Your example, while true, is an oversimplification. We've had several min wage increases and none of them was inflationary. THey will tend to produce inflation, as I indicated. But that wont necessarily happen, where a lot more is going on in the economy. But for sure it affects the ability of people trying to enter the workforce. I've posted a graph of teenaged unemployment against min wage and they match pretty well.

It amazes me how you people think in such black and white terms. No bottom to greater taxation? Why would any citizen want that? On the one hand you people call the left moochers yet on another hand you accuse the left of wanting ridiculously high tax rates. Do you realize how ridiculous you people sound?
Idiot.
The Left wants high tax rates. On other people.
They want expanded benefits. For themselves.

Your thougt process is amazing ... Slow , i wish i was as dumb as you, i am being serious my life would have been much better

Your thougt process is amazing ... Slow , i wish i was as dumb as you, i am being serious my life would have been much better

Dude, if you think stupid makes for a better life, then you live a fine life. Based on what you have written, your life couldn't have been any better......or you any more stupid. You are at max potential. LMAO.

Republicans only econonic solutions are deregulation and cutting taxes for corporations/the wealthy. Both of these methods do next to nothing to help the overall economy.

Regulations cost GDP 2% every year. Now even if you were irresponsible and stupid enough to undo ALL regulations for the sake of growth, you would only be boosting 2%. The growth of that is not nearly worth the chaos that would ensue.

Cutting taxes for corporations does jack shit for the economy in general. Stimuluating supply means dick if you don't stimuluate demand. The extra supply that is created does not meet any increase in demand. This means there is no increase in business just because a company has more to sell. Not only that, but cutting taxes only makes the government borrow more which means more debt. The proposed republican tax cuts would add 440 billion to our national debt.

The recent "experiment" failure in Kansas' economy and the pathetic job growth under Bush proves this.

See the republicans you people elect know this. They say they want to help you but in reality they only care about keeping the wealthy happy.

The reality is that the best way to stimulate economic growth is by stimulating the middle class. That is the driving force of our consumption based economy. Republicans have barely done anything for the middle class since Reagan.

Obama's stimulus created close to 3 million jobs. Why? Because it gave the middle class the biggest middle class tax cut since Reagan. It also extended unemployment benefits for the millions who lost their jobs against their will. This allowed them to spend money they wouldn't have otherwise spent because they were unemployed.

This is what you call demand-side economics.

WHERE are you getting this nonsense?

I mean, it's scary that you seem to really believe this stuff.

First off, WHAT "failed experiment" in Kansas?! What on earth are you talking about? Kansas's unemployment rate is 4.4%! The Republican governor there, Sam Brownback, has cut state spending and cut taxes, putting more money back into the state economy, and has made the state's business regulations much more business friendly. Pray tell, what's the unemployment rate in your state? Do you know what the U.S. unemployment rate is? Hint: It's considerably higher than 4.4%.

Do you know what the "real unemployment rate" for the U.S. is? Why don't you Google it and then tell us how Obama's economic policies have worked. Hint: It's over 10%.

Or, look up how many Americans have given up looking for a job and are no longer counted as being unemployed even though they are jobless. Then, tell us about Obamanomics. Hint: The huge number of people who have given up looking for work and are no longer counted in employment statistics has to do with the real unemployment rate.

Or, look up how much debt we've added under Obama--he has shattered all records, except for the last year or so when the Republicans forced him into signing two budget compromise deals that have scaled back the rate of spending increase. In case you haven't heard, our national debt--$17-plus trillion--now exceeds our GDP. That hasn't happened since the 1940s when we were fighting WW II.

Finally, FYI, when you cut taxes on businesses, businesses have more money to spend on things like--oh, you know--JOBS, BONUSES, RAISES, OPENING NEW OFFICES, PROMOTIONS, etc. You know, silly capitalistic things like that.

Last edited:
Or, look up how many Americans have given up looking for a job and are no longer counted as being unemployed even though they are jobless. Then, tell us about Obamanomics.

You got a job mike? If you do, there is no employment problem. If you don't have a job, then you need to pick yourself up by your boot straps and get some skills that would make you employable.

Blaming others for your failures is just so much bullshit. There is work out there. Can't you compete with a Mexican?

Forum List

Back