Republicans filibuster 911 Heros to prevent bill from reaching floor

I just think it's silly that service entitles anyone to anything. Service isn't done for personal gain, even though there are public servants who recieve compensation. Service is a choice that comes from the heart, not from a desire or an entitlement of compensation.

This is not to say that we can't out of the goodness of our hearts compensate people who provide service. But there is no entitlement to it.

I still have not seen any serious discussion on why these 911 heroes need this compensation. First responders in NYC had plenty of benefits. Nor do I see why the Federal Government is responsible when the State of NY or private charity could easily take care of it.

The Constitution of the United States does not authorize the Federal Government to compensate victims from tragedy.

This whole issue smells like a political ploy to spend more money based on emotions rather than facts. I am not an emotional spender. Our money is limited and we need to use it the best and most efficient way we can.

Once again, have a little paper called a dd214? Use the benefits? If you do not have a dd214, do you really think that you deserve the privelege of voting?

Forum List

Back