Republicans efforts to keep the economy down are failing

The CBO says the stimulus worked, it jsut needed to more stimuls and less tax cuts for the wealthy.

Why did the tax cuts in it NOT do what the republicans claimed they woudldo when they INSISTED on them in the package?

According to the CBO, the stimulus may have added 3.3 million jobs. In its most recent quarterly appraisal of the stimulus act, the CBO said the stimulus lowered the unemployment rate by between 0.7 and 1.8 percentage points during the quarter ending in June, decreasing the number of unemployed by between 1.4 million and 3.3 million.

Unfortunately, like every mass released bit of news, you have to take it with a grain of salt. Let's take a deeper look into the CBO's estimates and the basis for their conclusions.

The best place to start is right at the CBO itself. On March 8, 2010 CBO Director Douglas Elmendorf spoke at a conference to the National Association for Business Economics (NABE) regarding, among other things, the impact of the stimulus law on the economy. During the session, Elmendorf stated specifically that his team’s estimates do not measure real-world outputs (just inputs), that they do not serve as an independent check on its success or failure, and that if the stimulus had not created jobs the CBO's figures would not reflect that fact.
See, the CBO doesn’t actually count jobs created. Instead, it uses models that assume putting taxpayer money into the system results in additional demand, additional spending, and, ergo, additional jobs. Even before the stimulus passed, the CBO used these same models to predict that the stimulus would create jobs. And now it’s using those same models to estimate that it has created jobs. Ever heard of circular reasoning? But because the CBO relies on slightly updated versions of the same, original models throughout the process, it wouldn’t necessarily detect the fact that the stimulus didn’t work.

Horrors! The Economic Stimulus Program Did Not Work, Says The New York Times and Congressional Budget office

Horrors! Two significant entities have recently reached the same conclusion that the economic stimulus package did not work as it was supposed to to, falling far short of its goals and predictions. The first entity is the New York Times, which reviewed the dire economic status of the country two days ago:

- Annual economic growth is only at 1.8%, far below the 3.1% of last year and below a growth rate of a healthy, growing economy.
- Consumer spending is slowing down, a traditional driver of a robust economy.
- Wages are stagnant and higher prices for food and fuel are straining family budgets.
- Falling home equity values are contributing to downward pressure on consumer confidence and when consumers are not confident, they tend to restrict their spending.
- State and local government budgets are a fiscal mess

So... essentially... as always... TM is full of shit.

Last edited:
The CBO says the stimulus worked, it jsut needed to more stimuls and less tax cuts for the wealthy.

Why did the tax cuts in it NOT do what the republicans claimed they woudldo when they INSISTED on them in the package?

LOL Sure it did. Its going to kick in any day now.

Meanwhile in the real world it failed by the admins own metrics.

Threats = the constant call to increase taxes

BG926nbsp How Regulation is Destroying

The True Costs of EPA Global Warming Regulation

This info has been around for sometime.

Before Obama, regulation cost US business 1.75 trillion a year. Did you think adding another trillion a year would cause business to fire up the hiring? Then add Obumblecare and compliance costs go higher.

The whole Idea of that type of propaganda is for you to digest it enough you dont have to link straight to the propaganda but can regurgitate it all on you own.

I guess its just too much for some partisan hacks to LEARN what they call their positions.

I am not talking to the partisan hacks at heritage foundation ( a group of people who are doing JUST what I mentioned in the OP) I am talking to you.

Cant you even learn the propaganda well enough to spout it yourself?

Dear, you are the Queen of propaganda and some of not living in the real world.
She is also the queen of BIG FAT LIES!!!

It worked , your tax cuts didnt make aazy rich people hire like you claimed.

Your plan failed and stimulus money directed at projects sis work.

Do the facts not matter to you?

According to the CBO, the stimulus may have added 3.3 million jobs. In its most recent quarterly appraisal of the stimulus act, the CBO said the stimulus lowered the unemployment rate by between 0.7 and 1.8 percentage points during the quarter ending in June, decreasing the number of unemployed by between 1.4 million and 3.3 million.

Unfortunately, like every mass released bit of news, you have to take it with a grain of salt. Let's take a deeper look into the CBO's estimates and the basis for their conclusions.

The best place to start is right at the CBO itself. On March 8, 2010 CBO Director Douglas Elmendorf spoke at a conference to the National Association for Business Economics (NABE) regarding, among other things, the impact of the stimulus law on the economy. During the session, Elmendorf stated specifically that his team’s estimates do not measure real-world outputs (just inputs), that they do not serve as an independent check on its success or failure, and that if the stimulus had not created jobs the CBO's figures would not reflect that fact.
See, the CBO doesn’t actually count jobs created. Instead, it uses models that assume putting taxpayer money into the system results in additional demand, additional spending, and, ergo, additional jobs. Even before the stimulus passed, the CBO used these same models to predict that the stimulus would create jobs. And now it’s using those same models to estimate that it has created jobs. Ever heard of circular reasoning? But because the CBO relies on slightly updated versions of the same, original models throughout the process, it wouldn’t necessarily detect the fact that the stimulus didn’t work.

Horrors! The Economic Stimulus Program Did Not Work, Says The New York Times and Congressional Budget office

Horrors! Two significant entities have recently reached the same conclusion that the economic stimulus package did not work as it was supposed to to, falling far short of its goals and predictions. The first entity is the New York Times, which reviewed the dire economic status of the country two days ago:

- Annual economic growth is only at 1.8%, far below the 3.1% of last year and below a growth rate of a healthy, growing economy.
- Consumer spending is slowing down, a traditional driver of a robust economy.
- Wages are stagnant and higher prices for food and fuel are straining family budgets.
- Falling home equity values are contributing to downward pressure on consumer confidence and when consumers are not confident, they tend to restrict their spending.
- State and local government budgets are a fiscal mess

So... essentially... as always... TM is full of shit.

TM doesn't handle facts real well, she relies on liberal talking points to make her argument.

You people really dont care about the country do you ?

Consumer confidence is critical at this momment in a recovery.

You are either on the side of American recovery or you are on the republican side.

You cant be both.

Its either trash the economy to win the next election or help the country.

We all know what it is you will do.
Maybe obamaturd should stop killing consumer confidence then. Shutup you big fat liar.

It worked , your tax cuts didnt make aazy rich people hire like you claimed.

Your plan failed and stimulus money directed at projects sis work.

Do the facts not matter to you?
Facts don't matter to you. Keep up the lies, you are quite comical. Idiot!!!

The heritage foundation is a fucking right wing think tank.

They Lie for political purposes.

They are NOT a trustable source of information.

If their numbers are correct you can produce them from somewhere else more reputable.
Obamaturd and the dimwits are leftwing liars.

Love My Country, Loathe My Government: Horrors! The Economic Stimulus Program Did Not Work, Says The New York Times and Congressional Budget office

Is some damned blog site and they do NOT source what they claim is in the CBO report.

They state a shit load of things that THEY say are in the stim and then they give you NO WAY to check their numbers with the CBO report.

It would take a week of research to prove some rightt wing blog spot is lying and fudging the numbers.

NOW if their numbers were spot on and provable dont you think they would have sourced them so ANYONE could check their work in just a few minutes?

You people are so damned ready to see this country fail you fall for cons who are cons.

Last edited:
If you wish to believe that the stimulus worked then knock yourself out. Live in your own personal lalaland.

Anyone with a brain, that doesnt' include you apparantly, can see that it didn't work.

Carry on.

Love My Country, Loathe My Government: Horrors! The Economic Stimulus Program Did Not Work, Says The New York Times and Congressional Budget office

Is some damned blog site and they do NOT source what they claim is in the CBO report.

They state a shit load of things that THEY say are in the stim and then they give you NO WAY to check their numbers with the CBO report.

It would take a week of research to prove some rightt wing blog spot is lying and fudging the numbers.

NOW if their numbers were spot on and provable dont you think they would have sourced them so ANYONE could check their work in just a few minutes?

You people are so damned ready to see this country fail you fall for cons who are cons.

The non-partisan Congressional Budget Office did an analysis of the effect of the stimulus package in May 2010 and came to the conclusion that the package:

•Raised the level of real (inflation-adjusted) gross domestic product (GDP) by between 1.7 percent and 4.5 percent
•Lowered the unemployment rate by between 0.7 percentage points and 1.8 percentage points
•Increased the number of people employed by between 1.4 million and 3.3 million
•Increased the number of full-time-equivalent (FTE) jobs by 2.0 million to 4.8 million compared with what those amounts would have been otherwise.

Now if you can show evidence that all these things happened as the CBO concluded, then I would agree the stimulus worked.

Jobs, jobs, jobs!! Pure BS. Pass SOMETHING... Suggest SOMETHING, and stop fear mongering about EVERYTHING. Dismal bastids, silly dupes...

"Pass something?" Oh my GAWD! Okay, let me say this. The two senators from Oklahoma are Jim Imhofe and Tom Coburn. My representative is a guy by the name of Sullivan. I have given money to all three campaigns and I attend each of their town meetings when they come to my district. I have sat down to dinner with all three. I am a member of the Tea Party and I am very, very active in local politics. The role of the federal government is to NOT get in the way so that PRIVATE ENTERPRISE can create jobs. The federal government DOES NOT CREATE JOBS. How basic that single concept is and it is simply amazing how many liberals don't even get that single, almost elementary principle of the free enterprise system.

I am very glad to say that all three of my members of Congress get it. I have made it very clear that at the very least, they should block and impeed, at every opportunity, any attempt to pass more regulations, mandate, or legislate. You want jobs?? Get the hell out of the way! The biggest single joke that someone can say is: "I'm from the federal government and I'm here to help." The second biggest joke is: "I'm from the state government and I'm here to help."

I owned a very successfull small business with almost 40 employees until a year ago. We developed customized software. My single largest expense was the fact that I had to hire five people to fill out government forms and make sure that I was compliant with all the ignorant federal and state regulations. But there were so many new ones coming out that I just couldn't keep up. So I closed and locked the doors. I paid my employees very well and they had, even the receptionist, benefits that I paid for at 100%. I hadn't been paid for the last three years before I closed the doors.

You need to wake up and realize that the boogie men you want to tax and hate are the economic engine of this country. I don't want your Washington regulations and laws. Hopefully we can block and impeed until we get a President that is not learning "on the job."

"In the thirties they failed as now: Rep Dennis Kucinich on how to create jobs in America"

Oh my Lord!! There is actually someone who listens to Dennis Kucinich??? That is one of the most hilarious things I've ever heard in my life.

Internet poster claims do not met the level of proof unless you can document them.

15jzp5.gif

So, the charts shows that in Q1-3 of '09, before the stimulus plan took effect, the unemployment rate was much higher than predicted. The economy was super-fucked by the Bush administration's policies. As the stimulus plan took effect, the employment rate decreased at the rate that was expected in the plan - it had just started at a much higher level.

Thanks for the data showing that the stimulus plan was so effective!

People who can't understand charts shouldn't post them.

You should check your eyes. A peak of 10% with a low of 8.9% and then an increase over 9% is nowhere near the rate expected.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back