Republicans donating to Kucinich campaign

F

FlutePlayer

I just heard about this from a Republican friend of mine. He's gathering donations from Republicans and donating to the Kucinich campaign for President in hopes that Kucinich will get nominated. He's afraid Dean will get the nomination and will win the Presidency so he wants Kucinich nominated instead.

I would say this is a waste of money. However, with Nader bowing out of the race, Kucinich is a shoo-in for the Green nomination if he wants it. So from that point, it makes sense, in a the-enemy-of-your-enemy-is-your-friend kind of way.

Whos "he"?

Thats good for Kucinich though. He can get just about everyones vote, those who understand his ideas. Also hes proven he can win elections against republicans, thats why I think he would do better against Bush than Dean.

Kucinich will introduce legislation to repeal a section of the FY '04 Intelligence Authorization Act that expands powers granted to the federal government in the USA PATRIOT Act, allowing the government greater power to acquire financial records without judicial oversight from car dealers, pawnbrokers, travel agencies, and many other businesses. Traditional financial institutions like banks and credit unions are already subject to such demands, but this dramatic expansion of government authority will mean that records created by average citizens who purchase cars, plan vacations, or buy gifts will be subject to government seizure and analysis without the important requirements of probable cause or judicial review. This provision initially appeared in a leaked draft of the so-called "PATRIOT II", a proposal the American public and Members of Congress on both sides of the aisle in the House and Senate rejected.

Republicans also donated to Dean's campaign, hoping he'd take
the nomination from Kerry, Edwards and company. Maybe
it's a good strategy, maybe not. Only time will tell.

Forum List

Back