Republicans/conservatives= family values???

Yes, There's a difference. The Democrats realize that the government has no business legislating morality.

Oh really? That's fucking laughable. Liberals are all about using the government to regulate behavior.

Give it a rest.

And all the while Democratic Statists pretend to know and cherish Liberty as they whittle it away...

They fool no one...except the ignorant they have programmed like dot dork...

Nice random, vague meaningless post. How about an example?

I don't have to prove a negative ol' chap. Debating 101 :lol: Why do conservatives always fall into that trap :eusa_eh: The onus is on you to prove the positive.

Why is murder illegal? Because it is considered wrong, immoral if you will. Same goes for stealing, raping, embezzling, insider trading, etc.

We may not legislate morality as you put it... but we damned sure legislate what we consider to be wrong. We do it all the time. Time to climb off your soap box.

Murder, rape, theft are not moral issues. They are crimes where there's an obvious damage against another person.

But when you say you want to legislate what you 'consider' to be wrong, instead of sticking to crimes that cause harm to another.....then you're into that big government conservatism that's inflicting your morality onto the rest of us and we prefer individual rights to decide our own morality. Morals are a personal decision and not for government to dictate.

So, you don't consider it immoral to take a person's life? To steal from people? To rape women? To rape children?

Seriously? What the hell????????????????????????

Oh really? That's fucking laughable. Liberals are all about using the government to regulate behavior.

Give it a rest.

Laws against smoking, sin taxes, laws against certain light bulbs, Obamacare, hate speech laws, laws against trans fats, lawsuits against McDonalds, laws affecting school lunches... etc.... etc.. etc...

Most of these things are laws to protect you from harm.

On the other hand, big government conservatism's morality laws are just because they "consider it to be wrong".

Why is murder illegal? Because it is considered wrong, immoral if you will. Same goes for stealing, raping, embezzling, insider trading, etc.

We may not legislate morality as you put it... but we damned sure legislate what we consider to be wrong. We do it all the time. Time to climb off your soap box.

Murder, rape, theft are not moral issues. They are crimes where there's an obvious damage against another person.

But when you say you want to legislate what you 'consider' to be wrong, instead of sticking to crimes that cause harm to another.....then you're into that big government conservatism that's inflicting your morality onto the rest of us and we prefer individual rights to decide our own morality. Morals are a personal decision and not for government to dictate.

So, you don't consider it immoral to take a person's life? To steal from people? To rape women? To rape children?

Seriously? What the hell????????????????????????

Those are crimes against a fellow human being. Morality isn't an issue here.

Legislating morality is when the government tells my friend she cannot marry the person she loves, because it's another woman. She can only marry a man.

That's the issue here. Not rape and murder. Those aren't partisan issues. That's a strawman argument.

Laws against smoking, sin taxes, laws against certain light bulbs, Obamacare, hate speech laws, laws against trans fats, lawsuits against McDonalds, laws affecting school lunches... etc.... etc.. etc...

On the other hand, big government conservatism's morality laws are just because they "consider it to be wrong".

Dude, you can play this card all night... you're parsing words. At the end of the day, I fully accept that I cannot legislate what a man accepts as right or wrong. However, we as a society do legislate what we consider to be wrong. And if you violate that, you pay the consequences. Smoking laws and bans on gay marriage are no different.

You may just agree with one and not the other. That my friend is the only difference.

Last edited:
Plus, I suspect that this is just another ploy to remove morality from our culture and stress some Utopian attempt at forcing what may be considered to be the "greater good"... which is not morality in what sense?

Fuck that.....

The cops are thug bitches...

The bitch police will just kick your ass.

You have no Bill of Rights, its a myth.

Indiana and the SCOTUS just ruled against the Fourth Amendment..

Not like anyone gives a fuck tho....

The Democrats just try to legislate morality out of the picture. They prefer you have no morales.
morales? You mean Esteban Morales?
Thanks for the NON answer...typical...Tell us where the Constitution says you can/can't?

I'll bet $100 that you cannot.

I don't have to prove a negative ol' chap. Debating 101 :lol: Why do conservatives always fall into that trap :eusa_eh: The onus is on you to prove the positive.

Your brains been resting all day yet you still can't make a passable post. :lol: Why don't you find a thread to post on where your opinion means something to someone.? :eusa_eh: Your opinion means < zero to me. You run your mouth A LOT on this board but the only thing that comes out is hot air. Dismissed fool.
Yes, There's a difference. The Democrats realize that the government has no business legislating morality.

Give it a rest.

Thats his specialty. Hit & run.

Last edited:
The Democrats just try to legislate morality out of the picture. They prefer you have no morales.

Your brains been resting all day yet you still can't make a passable post. :lol: Why don't you find a thread to post on where your opinion means something to someone.? :eusa_eh: Your opinion means < zero to me. You run your mouth A LOT on this board but the only thing that comes out is hot air. Dismissed fool.

Give it a rest.

Yes, Esteban Morales, that no good democrat. I blame him.

Give it a rest.

Oh really? And what pray tell is your specialty? Being an obtuse cement head making lame attempts at explaining how murder, rape, incest, thievery, etc. are not wrong just harmful to others?

I'm sorry you have a problem getting your head around the most basic of concepts, right vs. wrong, in a moral context... sorry your upbringing was so lacking.

Oh really? And what pray tell is your specialty? Being an obtuse cement head making lame attempts at explaining how murder, rape, incest, thievery, etc. are not wrong just harmful to others?

I'm sorry you have a problem getting your head around the most basic of concepts, right vs. wrong, in a moral context... sorry your upbringing was so lacking.

You were civil for a time last night in this thread & I give you credit BUT the Soggy I've seen in the last couple of months here goes @ bomb-throwing and not providing any links to back up his assertions. Seems you've done that here too. A lot of opinions and zero proof. Plus you use the word "dude" when referring to someone. :rolleyes: Does the RNC know that use that term? Buckley would roll over in his grave

You were civil for a time last night in this thread & I give you credit BUT the Soggy I've seen in the last couple of months here goes @ bomb-throwing and not providing any links to back up his assertions. Seems you've done that here too. A lot of opinions and zero proof. Plus you use the word "dude" when referring to someone. :rolleyes: Does the RNC know that use that term? Buckley would roll over in his grave

A link to what? The concept of right vs. wrong? The history of laws? Morality?

Here ya go..

Google

Oh.. and this is civility?

You run your mouth A LOT on this board but the only thing that comes out is hot air. Dismissed fool.

Please.

You run your mouth A LOT on this board but the only thing that comes out is hot air. Dismissed fool.

Please.

I only typed that AFTER you ordered me to give it a rest on my own thread. I still stand by the belief that the government cannot legislate morality. We're talking lifestyle choices here such as what one does in the privacy of their own home. Its pretty fair to say that one doesn't need to rationalize the outlawing murder or theft. This thread is about Repubs & or conservatives installing cameras in peoples bedrooms when they are the primary culprits. LOL Reminds me of the line "We have met the enemy & they are us"

Last edited:
What a joke, using the words morality and values with politicians is an oxymoron. I think that both sides need to STFU and try to find something they know about like bribes, lobbyist pay back, ear marks and all those good things.

Please.

I only typed that AFTER you ordered me to give it a rest on my own thread. I still stand by the beleif that the government cannot legislate morality. We're talking lifestyle choices here such as what one does in the privacy of their own home. Its pretty fair to say that one doesn't need to rationalize the outlawing murder or theft. This thread is about Repubs & or conservatives installing cameras in peoples bedrooms when they are the primary culprits. LOL Reminds me of the line "We have met the enemy & they are us"

We're installing cameras in bedrooms? Wow.... got a link to that story?

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

I think that many of the rank & file Republicans cringe when they have to throw their base some "red-meat" to make them think that its their primary responsibility. It's laughable but they have to do it to string their evangelical base along.

Forum List

Back