Michigan man still on food stamps despite winning $2M

Dont Taz Me Bro

Diamond Member
Staff member
Senior USMB Moderator
Gold Supporting Member
Nov 17, 2009
Las Vegas, Nevada
The man should spend a month in jail for fraud and then fined the exact amount he's used in food stamps since receiving his millions. Additionally, the person at the DHS who told him he could keep doing this should also be prosecuted.

A man who won $2 million on a Michigan lottery show has told a TV station that he still uses food stamps.

Leroy Fick of Bay County admitted he still swipes the electronic card at stores, nearly a year after winning a jackpot on "Make Me Rich!" He told WNEM-TV in Saginaw that more than half the prize went to taxes.

Fick says the Department of Human Services told him he could continue to use the card, which is paid with tax dollars. He told WNEM: "If you're going to ... try to make me feel bad, you aren't going to do it."

The TV station says people have seen Fick driving a new Audi convertible.

Michigan man still on food stamps despite winning $2M | Detroit Free Press | freep.com

The man should spend a month in jail for fraud and then fined the exact amount he's used in food stamps since receiving his millions. Additionally, the person at the DHS who told him he could keep doing this should also be prosecuted.

yawn..........

get a life Bozo.

:lol:

Didn't realize you lived in Michigan, Dainty.

On topic (some of you guys need to grow the fuck up), IF this is the case with this guy still using foodstamps and won such a huge amount of money, then it's just another sorry excuse of what the welfare system is. And there are thousands more just like that guy, too.

ahh, don't be so tough on the girlyman/boy...he left Boston area for a dose of rural Southern ignorance and considers it a plus.

Jealous? Understandable. I'm smarter, more successful, and better looking than you are.

On topic (some of you guys need to grow the fuck up), IF this is the case with this guy still using foodstamps and won such a huge amount of money, then it's just another sorry excuse of what the welfare system is. And there are thousands more just like that guy, too.

You can count on it. I still own some rental property in Boston and one tenant I had was on the Section 8 program. Anytime I had to go down to the HUD office I would get infuriated by the people waiting in line to meet with a case worker. They claim they can't afford to pay for their own housing, but they could afford the cell phone they were talking on and the elaborate hair and nails they were showing off. The welfare system is very much broken.

This reminds me of why I never bought a lottery ticket during the years I paid child support.
The feds would have taken half, the ex would have gotten 30% of what was left.

Would it have absolved me from paying support? Nope. Talk about a broken system.

I say let the bastard keep drawing the dole.

Forum List

Back