Republicans are wrong to value "charity" over "education"

Discussion in 'Education' started by rdean, Jul 2, 2011.

1. rdean

rdean rddean

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +15,006
    Chinese Proverb. "If you give a man a fish you feed him for a day. If you teach a man to fish you feed him for a lifetime."

Republicans boast that they give much more to Charity. Democrats tend to give to Planned Parenthood, women's shelters. No one really believes a lot of conservatives give to The National Endowment for the Arts. An organization that specializes in "grants" dedicated to education.

Sure, there may be a few organizations like the Annenberg Foundation, where Obama worked, that was created by conservatives who are dedicated to education, but that organization is decades old. This is not something I expect "modern" Republicans to bother with.

We know the unemployment rate for those with technical degrees is much lower than Red State high school dropouts. A charitable can of creamed corn lasts only as long as it takes to open the can. Old clothes and hand me downs are appreciated, for sure. But nothing beats buying "new" with earned money.

I don't understand why Republicans think that you can slash and burn education, and still compete in a modern technological world?

2. Mad Scientist

Mad Scientist Deplorable Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7,684
    The Kenyan, War Mongering Dick Tater should be impeached.

3. rdean

rdean rddean

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +15,006
    You forgot "colonial Mau Mau".

See what I mean?

4. CrusaderFrank

CrusaderFrank Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +37,066
    Deany, please defend the Progressive record of "Educating" High school students in New York City.

Here's the facts: Cost per student of $18,000 has doubled the past decade, 40% drop out rate and of the 60% who "Graduate" 2/3 cannot perform in college without remedial education.

5. Liberty

Liberty Silver Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +548
    funny you quote that proverb which so accurately reflects self responsibility, you know, in modern terms it might be said:

"Give a lazy man a welfare check to buy a flat screen tv and smartphone he has incentive to keep being lazy; give a man the environment for which to allow him to prosper his talents, he'll benefit society and himself."

And holy shit, the left "values" charity in the form of welfare and giving away taxpayers money (you know, the taxpayers that actually earn their living which by the way, only half of americans actually pay income tax) to lazy ass people more than "education" by that fact alone. No one is going to be "educated" unless they choose to do so, proven by the fact that you, rdean, have chosen not to be educated in reality instead opting for ignorance like the rest of your pitiful backward thinking ilk.

So ironic...the left would rather give people shit for nothing than teach them how to live on their own. that proverb echoes the serious flaws in your ideology, rdean.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
    Last edited: Jul 2, 2011
  6. whitehall

whitehall Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +10,825
    Democrats don't give to planned parenthood. They fix it so that taxpayers are forced to give to planned parenthood. Are we at a point in history where ignorant libs fail to understand the difference between charitable giving and taxes?

7. rdean

rdean rddean

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +15,006
    Actually, if you take a look at what's going on in the country, by far the biggest recipients of "welfare" are Republicans. Seriously.

Check it out:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The tax burden rests squarely on the shoulders of Blue States. The 10 states whose school budget has the largest share paid by the Federal Government are all Red States.

[​IMG]

Even with many Blue states having higher unemployment, they still pay to support Red States. No one feeds at the trough more than Republicans.

If what they pay in taxes are any indication of the type of people they are according to Republicans, what is this telling you? According to Republicans of course.

If any of you right wingers feel this information is false. I dare you to supply data proving otherwise.

And while you are at it, prove that the Republican Party is less than 90% white. Prove that more than 6% of scientists are Republican.

There's the line. Go ahead. Cross it.

8. Liberty

Liberty Silver Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +548
    i really dont care about partisan politics to be honest I do not subscribe to either party, I am socially liberal and fiscally conservative so do NOT lump me with any group outside of libertarian in ideology. if you really wanted people to be taught to fish, then you should support cutting welfare out the ass as well, if not youre a hypocrite.

9. CrusaderFrank

CrusaderFrank Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +37,066
    Do you see how stupid Progressives are that they want this system to grow?

Have you ever seen such stupidity?

10. rdean

rdean rddean

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +15,006
    Well, obviously the reason it's so bad is because of all those uneducated Republicans. Could it be any more obvious?