Republicans are doing their jobs, are democrats?

Democrats claim the gop is the party of "no". How can they make this claim when they havnt passed a budget in nearly 3 years. Republicans have passed 2 major pieces of fiscal legislation that have never seen the light of day in the democratically controlled senate. Seems to me the senate is not only the party of "no", they are the party of "no action"

The democratic senate has utterly failed to do the business of the American people. Harry Reed is a failed leader. It is his job to lead the senate and promote the views of his caucus through legislation. He constantly blames the house for his own failures. The bills that passed the house are supposed to be debated by his house. He has an opportunity to amend the bill in any fashion and then send it back to the house for a final vote. Then the bill would goto committee for final tweeks and resolution. Yet all he does is table the bills, no debate, no amendments, no nothing. AND THEN HE AND THE PRESIDENT BLAME HOUSE REPUBLICANS! WTF? If he doesn't like their bills its his duty to alter them to make them acceptable to his caucus. At the very least he should have offered a counter proposal in bill form. Yet we get nothing but the blame game....

Pathetic

Which bills are you talking about? One was the Ryan bill that cut Medicare. What was the other one? Cut more taxes for wealthy people? Slash education? Certainly nothing to do with jobs.

Let's all debate why seniors should get their benefits cut. Why oil subsidies are more important than school lunches.

The Ryan plan did not cut any benefits for Seniors. If you are younger than 55, you will have a later retiremtn and the COLA will be adjusted differently.

What is the actual change to the tax policies regarding the oil compnaies, Jingoist? What possible effect do you think this will have except to increase the price of gas? Why are you in favor of tampering with the tax policies on this one industry in the USA when the same industry operating outside the USA is held harmless?

How thorough is your thought process?

Is a school lunch program a Federal Responsibility?

I'm sorry but I totally disagree with the OP and I am a far right leaning Conservative.. Republicans BLOW ASS and will be DAMNED lucky to hold on to their jobs come 2012.. The Tea Party is recruiting candidates HARD and we mean to run them and BACK them with everything we have. Tired of the old crusty institution republican who doesn't give a shit about his or her country, only lining their own fucking pockets. YOUR ASSES ARE OUT..

Like it or not, the TEA Party is a weak minority and an inexperienced one. They need the Republicans to get anything done.

It is only through a coalition with the Republicans that the Democrats can be ushered out of power.

Democrats claim the gop is the party of "no". How can they make this claim when they havnt passed a budget in nearly 3 years. Republicans have passed 2 major pieces of fiscal legislation that have never seen the light of day in the democratically controlled senate. Seems to me the senate is not only the party of "no", they are the party of "no action"

The democratic senate has utterly failed to do the business of the American people. Harry Reed is a failed leader. It is his job to lead the senate and promote the views of his caucus through legislation. He constantly blames the house for his own failures. The bills that passed the house are supposed to be debated by his house. He has an opportunity to amend the bill in any fashion and then send it back to the house for a final vote. Then the bill would goto committee for final tweeks and resolution. Yet all he does is table the bills, no debate, no amendments, no nothing. AND THEN HE AND THE PRESIDENT BLAME HOUSE REPUBLICANS! WTF? If he doesn't like their bills its his duty to alter them to make them acceptable to his caucus. At the very least he should have offered a counter proposal in bill form. Yet we get nothing but the blame game....

Pathetic

Which bills are you talking about? One was the Ryan bill that cut Medicare. What was the other one? Cut more taxes for wealthy people? Slash education? Certainly nothing to do with jobs.

Let's all debate why seniors should get their benefits cut. Why oil subsidies are more important than school lunches.

The Ryan plan did not cut any benefits for Seniors. If you are younger than 55, you will have a later retiremtn and the COLA will be adjusted differently.

What is the actual change to the tax policies regarding the oil compnaies, Jingoist? What possible effect do you think this will have except to increase the price of gas? Why are you in favor of tampering with the tax policies on this one industry in the USA when the same industry operating outside the USA is held harmless?

The Ryan Plan was to kill Medicare completely.

How did that play in New York's 26?

I'm sorry but I totally disagree with the OP and I am a far right leaning Conservative.. Republicans BLOW ASS and will be DAMNED lucky to hold on to their jobs come 2012.. The Tea Party is recruiting candidates HARD and we mean to run them and BACK them with everything we have. Tired of the old crusty institution republican who doesn't give a shit about his or her country, only lining their own fucking pockets. YOUR ASSES ARE OUT..

Like it or not, the TEA Party is a weak minority and an inexperienced one. They need the Republicans to get anything done.

It is only through a coalition with the Republicans that the Democrats can be ushered out of power.

Weak my pretty ass.. Rand Paul, Marco Rubio, Jim DeMint are HARDLY weak or inexperienced. We can do anything we work hard to obtain.. I won't vote for the status politician just because YOU think we have no other alternative. My country is going down the shitter while these bastards stand by and dictate their positions. They work for ME, US, we the people.. Thank God our Founders didn't have your attitude.

The Ryan Plan was to kill Medicare completely.

How did that play in New York's 26?

New York is a liberal bastion. How did your reckless spending and ocare turn out for you in the "national" midterms. And Pauls plan only killed ss for the intelligent impaired democrats.

JScott your motto is "I check facts"

Check them then. Who submitted a budget when they "first" got elected? Who submitted another budget for current fiscal year? Who submitted a bill with a plan to deal with our current fiscal crisis? Who spent more money than all previous presidents combined? What bills have democrats submitted or voted on to deal with our current crisis?

Washington isn't supposed to "do for us". They're supposed to protect us and guarantee our rights to pursue our dreams. Those with an entitlement mentality like yours will never be satisfied.

Bush? Now how come you understand DC isn't do for us, yet you want to blame O for no jobs? Are you always so confused in telling your stories??:lol:

You are obviously the confused one. I've never demanded Obama give us jobs. Our jobless recovery is a result of him being too involved. Trying to force programs and regulations that hinder job growth. I'm not confused in the least. And nice try on the fuzzy math. Obama spent us into oblivion. Bush did spend foolishly, but not even close to the spender n chief.

I'm not going to defend Obama, but stating Obama spent more than all previous presidents combined is factually wrong. The National Debt when Obama took office was at
10,626,877,048,913.08,on the first day of Obama's first fiscal year, the debt was 11,920,519,164,319.42, technically that total fell in Bush's last fiscal year but Obama had his stimulus added into "W"s fiscal year, so in real terms Obama was responsible for about $700 of "W"'s last fiscal year. So let's say when Obama fiscally started the total was 11.2 trillion. Right now the National Debt is at 14.355 trillion. So in fact, Obama has spent 3.26 trillion. So we have all previous presidents 11.2 trillion, Obama 3.26 trillion.
If Obama maks it 8 years as prez, THEN he may very well spend more than all other presidents combined.

Bush? Now how come you understand DC isn't do for us, yet you want to blame O for no jobs? Are you always so confused in telling your stories??:lol:

You are obviously the confused one. I've never demanded Obama give us jobs. Our jobless recovery is a result of him being too involved. Trying to force programs and regulations that hinder job growth. I'm not confused in the least. And nice try on the fuzzy math. Obama spent us into oblivion. Bush did spend foolishly, but not even close to the spender n chief.

I'm not going to defend Obama, but stating Obama spent more than all previous presidents combined is factually wrong. The National Debt when Obama took office was at
10,626,877,048,913.08,on the first day of Obama's first fiscal year, the debt was 11,920,519,164,319.42, technically that total fell in Bush's last fiscal year but Obama had his stimulus added into "W"s fiscal year, so in real terms Obama was responsible for about $700 of "W"'s last fiscal year. So let's say when Obama fiscally started the total was 11.2 trillion. Right now the National Debt is at 14.355 trillion. So in fact, Obama has spent 3.26 trillion. So we have all previous presidents 11.2 trillion, Obama 3.26 trillion.
If Obama maks it 8 years as prez, THEN he may very well spend more than all other presidents combined.

Really, really?????? Does anyone actually give a shit what DingleBarry V/s Bush spent??? They BOTH SUCK.. Both are responsible for this shithold we find ourselves in when it comes to bail outs and spending. Get your collective heads out of your ass before our country ends up like Greece.. and it's not far off. There is no partisanship in the dollar being worthless.. I promise, both left and right will feel that pain equally.

Are we talking about spreading the sacrifice to those who are already paying most of the taxes?

What sacrifices are those who are receiving the goodies making? Are they losing something or simply not getting more at the same rate of increase?

Get serious. We have a serious problem and you're talking gibberish.

If you knew your facts as well as the partisan talking points, you'd be miles ahead.

Yes, the wealthy are paying most the taxes, I guess that comes with the territory of making the most money. That group's wealth has increased during the recession and aftermath, while the rest have lost wealth, had flat wages and lost jobs. The job creators have created jobs alright,,,overseas.

Workers’ share of national income plummets to record low
Workers

Analysis: Companies churn out profits but jobs don't follow
Analysis: Companies churn out profits but jobs don't follow | Reuters

U.S. Growth Probably Slowed in Second Quarter
U.S. Growth Probably Slowed in Second Quarter - Bloomberg

Yet, those who are losing are suppose to sacrifice and those who are winning and are taking their money overseas, aren't suppose to sacrifice?

There's something very morally bankrupt with that thinking. And it's a fact that it's Main Street America that is actually the job creators because they are the consumer class which drives the economy and creates the demand side of supply and demand. Why are the job creators investing offshore? Because the offshore middle class has not been decimated by flat wages, lost wealth and loss of jobs and has the ability to create demand.

Jobs move overseas because of 2 things... Regulation and Taxes

Wages and taxes are lower when you outsource. Constantly raising the minimum wage although seemingly fair kills jobs. Forcing higher wages here when you can't enforce it elsewhere is a prescription for job loss. Once the loopholes are closed and the tax base is broadend more jobs will leave. Low skill jobs are just that low skill. And as such deserve an appropriate wage. I used to work for the COE and had to pay a "prevailing" wage. No more will I because I refuse to pay some schmuck 14 an hour to push a broom and "look" busy. Regulations are killing our jobs.

For example, Germany and the Netherlands have more regulations than the US, they have less unemployment by 3% and their economies are much stronger than the US. Japan, France, Denmark, Sweden and Norway also fall into this boat. Also, the US has more loopholes in the corporate tax structure than any country in the world. Thus,,,,

Study says most corporations pay no U.S. income taxes
Study says most corporations pay no U.S. income taxes | Reuters

Folks, you have to stop listening to unfounded and misleading partisan talking points! Don't be lazy, research your stuff.

Really, really?????? Does anyone actually give a shit what DingleBarry V/s Bush spent??? They BOTH SUCK.. Both are responsible for this shithold we find ourselves in when it comes to bail outs and spending. Get your collective heads out of your ass before our country ends up like Greece.. and it's not far off. There is no partisanship in the dollar being worthless.. I promise, both left and right will feel that pain equally.

Maybe people should understand how we got here, instead of living in their little hate-filled little world.

If you knew your facts as well as the partisan talking points, you'd be miles ahead.

Yes, the wealthy are paying most the taxes, I guess that comes with the territory of making the most money. That group's wealth has increased during the recession and aftermath, while the rest have lost wealth, had flat wages and lost jobs. The job creators have created jobs alright,,,overseas.

Workers’ share of national income plummets to record low
Workers

Analysis: Companies churn out profits but jobs don't follow
Analysis: Companies churn out profits but jobs don't follow | Reuters

U.S. Growth Probably Slowed in Second Quarter
U.S. Growth Probably Slowed in Second Quarter - Bloomberg

Yet, those who are losing are suppose to sacrifice and those who are winning and are taking their money overseas, aren't suppose to sacrifice?

There's something very morally bankrupt with that thinking. And it's a fact that it's Main Street America that is actually the job creators because they are the consumer class which drives the economy and creates the demand side of supply and demand. Why are the job creators investing offshore? Because the offshore middle class has not been decimated by flat wages, lost wealth and loss of jobs and has the ability to create demand.

Jobs move overseas because of 2 things... Regulation and Taxes

Wages and taxes are lower when you outsource. Constantly raising the minimum wage although seemingly fair kills jobs. Forcing higher wages here when you can't enforce it elsewhere is a prescription for job loss. Once the loopholes are closed and the tax base is broadend more jobs will leave. Low skill jobs are just that low skill. And as such deserve an appropriate wage. I used to work for the COE and had to pay a "prevailing" wage. No more will I because I refuse to pay some schmuck 14 an hour to push a broom and "look" busy. Regulations are killing our jobs.

For example, Germany and the Netherlands have more regulations than the US, they have less unemployment by 3% and their economies are much stronger than the US. Japan, France, Denmark, Sweden and Norway also fall into this boat. Also, the US has more loopholes in the corporate tax structure than any country in the world. Thus,,,,

Study says most corporations pay no U.S. income taxes
Study says most corporations pay no U.S. income taxes | Reuters

Folks, you have to stop listening to unfounded and misleading partisan talking points! Don't be lazy, research your stuff.

I stand behind my statement. Our jobs are not going to Denmark and France. They are going to countries with less regulations and taxes. Your statement may be factual but its not pertanent.

Maybe people should understand how we got here, instead of living in their little hate-filled little world.

Congress controls the purse strings, not a President. Tell me something, over the last 50 years, which party has held control over congress the majority of those years? Hmm?

About every economists (liberal,independent &conservative) thinks the Tea Party's approach to the economy will cause even a bigger recession than we are already in.
You picked a great horse to ride. :lol:

Last edited:

Congress controls the purse strings, not a President. Tell me something, over the last 50 years, which party has held control over congress the majority of those years? Hmm?

Ever heard of a thing called a presidential veto? Veto proof congresses have been a very rare thing.

Ever heard of a thing called a presidential veto? Veto proof congresses have been a very rare thing.

I see you refuse to tell the truth about WHICH PARTY HAS CONTROLLED congress over the past 50 years the ABSOLUTE MAJORITY of the time? I'll give you a hint: LEFTISTS, LIBERALS, DEMOCRATS, MARXISTS, COMMIES.. Too bad you don't have the intellectual integrity or BALLS to admit the truth.

About every economists (liberal,independent &conservative) thinks the Tea Party's approach to the economy will cause even a bigger recession than we are already in.

Oh really? "About every economist?" Ok big mouth, prove it. Don't tell me, SHOW ME. Link plz. I'll wait.

Oh really? "About every economist?" Ok big mouth, prove it. Don't tell me, SHOW ME. Link plz. I'll wait.

Everyone is so hostile now a days. I think originally he was just pointing out that even though congress holds the money a president has the option to show leadership by using the veto.

Ultimately once this crisis passes and our economy gets a normal heartbeat those hardcore righties will assimilate just like 95% of all the other elected leaders do. Imo the only thing that can change the way our politicians conduct themselves is to put limits on their pay and enforce term limits. Public service was never intended to enrich those that serve and the current system only enables corruption.

Everyone is so hostile now a days. I think originally he was just pointing out that even though congress holds the money a president has the option to show leadership by using the veto.

Ultimately once this crisis passes and our economy gets a normal heartbeat those hardcore righties will assimilate just like 95% of all the other elected leaders do. Imo the only thing that can change the way our politicians conduct themselves is to put limits on their pay and enforce term limits. Public service was never intended to enrich those that serve and the current system only enables corruption.

:clap2: I couldn't agree with you more.

Democrats are relying on the general ignorance of the public. But those informed know that to reach true bipartisanship the senate needs to put forth a plan or debate and alter one sent to them. They are playing a political game by making the republicans put forth all the plans so that come election time the can wash their hands of it and claim "this was their plan"

Let's not forget Obama created the Simpson Bowles commission to create a plan to right the ship. Then when they came forth with their bipartisan plan the president promptly shelved it. Admittedly there were issues for both parties to resolve in that plan but it NEVER saw the light of day. Just like the invisible budget plans of the left. Obama put forth the only budget from the left in the last 3 years and his own party killed it 97-0 in the senate.

Damn if your not a genius, why are you wasting your time in front of a computer and not in public office showing us how it is done.

Forum List

Back