Republicans 2003 Compared to Republicans 2016

sealybobo

Diamond Member
Jun 5, 2008
Michigan
Remember in 2003 how Republicans treated the Dixie Chicks when they criticized the Iraq war and Bush? I remember Republicans lost their shit over it.

In March 2003, the American country band the Dixie Chicks publicly criticized President George W. Bush and the imminent invasion of Iraq, triggering a backlash.

Natalie Maines, said the Dixie Chicks were ashamed to be from the same state as Bush and that they did not support the war. The Dixie Chicks were one of the most popular American country acts at the time. It triggered a backlash from American country listeners, who were mostly right-wing and supported the war.

So then how did they vote for Trump after he said in 2008 "it would have been a “wonderful thing” if Democratic Rep. Nancy Pelosi tried to impeach Bush because he lied about Iraq having weapons of mass destruction. Asked if he still believes that Bush should have been impeached, Trump called the Iraq war a “big fat mistake.” Pressed again for an answer, Trump went on to say, “They lied.”

Then again in 2016 at a Republican primary when asked again Trump said "You call it whatever you want. I want to tell you. They lied. They said there were weapons of mass destruction; there were none. And they knew there were none. There were no weapons of mass destruction."

I think we all realize now Bush lied us into the Iraq war. For Republicans to go from ruining an artist who spoke out against the Iraq war to voting for a candidate who said it more than once, that's kind of odd don't you think? Do Republicans disagree with Trump? I don't. I believe this is one way Trump differentiated himself from the rest of the Republicans. It was taboo to say Bush lied us into Iraq. In some ways it still is. But Trump won Republican primaries saying it. Why didn't Republicans reject Trump like they did the Dixie Chicks?

Remember in 2003 how Republicans treated the Dixie Chicks when they criticized the Iraq war and Bush? I remember Republicans lost their shit over it.

In March 2003, the American country band the Dixie Chicks publicly criticized President George W. Bush and the imminent invasion of Iraq, triggering a backlash.

Natalie Maines, said the Dixie Chicks were ashamed to be from the same state as Bush and that they did not support the war. The Dixie Chicks were one of the most popular American country acts at the time. It triggered a backlash from American country listeners, who were mostly right-wing and supported the war.

So then how did they vote for Trump after he said in 2008 "it would have been a “wonderful thing” if Democratic Rep. Nancy Pelosi tried to impeach Bush because he lied about Iraq having weapons of mass destruction. Asked if he still believes that Bush should have been impeached, Trump called the Iraq war a “big fat mistake.” Pressed again for an answer, Trump went on to say, “They lied.”

Then again in 2016 at a Republican primary when asked again Trump said "You call it whatever you want. I want to tell you. They lied. They said there were weapons of mass destruction; there were none. And they knew there were none. There were no weapons of mass destruction."

I think we all realize now Bush lied us into the Iraq war. For Republicans to go from ruining an artist who spoke out against the Iraq war to voting for a candidate who said it more than once, that's kind of odd don't you think? Do Republicans disagree with Trump? I don't. I believe this is one way Trump differentiated himself from the rest of the Republicans. It was taboo to say Bush lied us into Iraq. In some ways it still is. But Trump won Republican primaries saying it. Why didn't Republicans reject Trump like they did the Dixie Chicks?
Yeah, we got them good, didnt we. Those were fun times. :laugh:

So why are you moonbats now perfectly content to lie the nation in WW3?

There's not a dime's worth of difference between you and the neocon Bushbots.

Republicans didn't ruin the Dixie Chicks they did it to themselves. Being country music performers and not understanding that country music fans are more on the tradtional side and might not appericate them mouthing off overseas is on them. They have the right to do so and get political but if you do there is good chance there will be consquences for it much like Bud Light greatly miscalcuated the reaction of their consumers to the whole trans activist deal the Dixie Chicks greatly miscalcuated their fans reaction to them getting political.

Yeah, we got them good, didnt we. Those were fun times. :laugh:

I hope this makes you realize how Bush and Chaney lied us all into Iraq. And you demonized anyone who spoke out against it when Bush's story started to fall apart. Suddenly the mission changed. The reasons for being there changed. Never mind there were no WMD's. Prove that. You can't. But we all knew. Bush lied us into Iraq.

The question is, why was it suddenly cool in 2008 and 2015 when Trump said it? Why did you vote for a person who basically vindicated the Dixie Chicks?

You should be embarrassed and buy the Chicks new album to make up for being a political dupe. You were duped. We knew Colon "Uncle Tom" Powell was lying when he testified to Congress. And didn't Rummy tell us we'd be there 2 months?

In another thread this republican tried to show me an op ed explaining how it was Democrats who caused the financial crisis. But the source, is AEI. Look into who writes those op eds you see Wolfowitz, Chaney, all the liars who lied us into Iraq are now telling us they didn't cause the Great Recession that happened at the end of Bush's 8 years???

71eUEOBYCmL._SX425_.jpg

So why are you moonbats now perfectly content to lie the nation in WW3?

There's not a dime's worth of difference between you and the neocon Bushbots.

Don't change the subject. The point is, Republicans showed us how they will go along with anything Republican presidents do. Lie us into Iraq? Sure. And if anyone speaks against it, ruin them. So it doesn't surprise me you'd go along with Trump trying to steal an election. Hell, you even helped Bush do that too come to think about it. 2000 and 2004.

You guys ruined the Dixie Chicks but then Trump said the same thing in 2008 and several times between then and the 2016 election. When pressed Trump said, "YES BUSH LIED, THERE WERE NO WMD'S." And instead of ruining him, you voted for him. Why the change? Do you now agree with the rest of us Bush lied us into Iraq and you Republicans helped him?

Oh are you one of those cons who says he's not a republican? Pahleez.

Don't change the subject. The point is, Republicans showed us how they will go along with anything Republican presidents do. Lie us into Iraq? Sure. And if anyone speaks against it, ruin them. So it doesn't surprise me you'd go along with Trump trying to steal an election. Hell, you even helped Bush do that too come to think about it. 2000 and 2004.

You guys ruined the Dixie Chicks but then Trump said the same thing in 2008 and several times between then and the 2016 election. When pressed Trump said, "YES BUSH LIED, THERE WERE NO WMD'S." And instead of ruining him, you voted for him. Why the change? Do you now agree with the rest of us Bush lied us into Iraq and you Republicans helped him?

Oh are you one of those cons who says he's not a republican? Pahleez.
War is part of the subject, assclown.

The Dixie Chicks took a big hit viz. their customer base, to stand up for and say that warmongering is fucked up.

Today, every single one of you jerks who rightfully bagged on Chimpola Bush back then, have headed for the tall grass.

Republicans didn't ruin the Dixie Chicks they did it to themselves. Being country music performers and not understanding that country music fans are more on the tradtional side and might not appericate them mouthing off overseas is on them. They have the right to do so and get political but if you do there is good chance there will be consquences for it much like Bud Light greatly miscalcuated the reaction of their consumers to the whole trans activist deal the Dixie Chicks greatly miscalcuated their fans reaction to them getting political.

Just pointing out how "country music fans" aka Republicans, were so offended at the Dixie Chicks, who btw ended up being right. Then 5 years later Trump says it and you guys elect him 8 years after that.

So saying the truth was taboo in the Republican party. Trump was the only one who had the balls to say Bush lied us into Iraq. Like the Chicks. But this time you rewarded him for it. Do you even agree with Trump on this? I bet you still defend WMD's. So this is a great examples of how Republicans will go along with anything right or wrong. And continue to defend a quagmire for 8 to 18 years after. When people don't know their history, they are doomed to repeat it. We should know it for what it is. We were lied into war. That should never happen again but I bet it will. With patriotism, spin, lies, propoganda. You know what I mean.

I actually loved it when Trump said Bush lied us into Iraq. But I also loved it when the Dixie Chicks did it. I just find it odd you rewarded one and punished the other for saying it, but you can't see you were wrong or a hypocrite. And half of you still say there were WMD's. You won't admit Bush lied us into Iraq.

Honestly, as bad as Trump was, Bush still holds the title of worst president ever. He took that title from Carter and still has it.

The Dixie Chicks took a big hit viz. their customer base, to stand up for and say that warmongering is fucked up.

Today, every single one of you jerks who rightfully bagged on Chimpola Bush back then, have headed for the tall grass.

What do you mean we headed for the tall grass?

The only reason we don't officially come out and say Bush lied us into Iraq is because it's embarrassing with the rest of the world. Better to hold the position that he had them, was a bad man, needed to go, was threatening his neighbors, blablabla. Better we go with that than admit Bush lied us into Iraq just like Putin lied his way into Ukraine.

Same reason we don't publicly admit Bush stole 2000 and 2004. It's a black eye to America that this kind of shit happens in the supposed greatest country in the world. Hacked voting machines? You guys complained about Dominion who was innocent but ignored what Diebold Voting Machine Company did for Bush. Shame on you.

But what's done is done. Gore had to roll his eyes and give Bush the election. Just like Pence gave it to Biden when he fairly beat Trump. Right?

Just pointing out how "country music fans" aka Republicans, were so offended at the Dixie Chicks, who btw ended up being right. Then 5 years later Trump says it and you guys elect him 8 years after that.

So saying the truth was taboo in the Republican party. Trump was the only one who had the balls to say Bush lied us into Iraq. Like the Chicks. But this time you rewarded him for it. Do you even agree with Trump on this? I bet you still defend WMD's. So this is a great examples of how Republicans will go along with anything right or wrong. And continue to defend a quagmire for 8 to 18 years after. When people don't know their history, they are doomed to repeat it. We should know it for what it is. We were lied into war. That should never happen again but I bet it will. With patriotism, spin, lies, propoganda. You know what I mean.

I actually loved it when Trump said Bush lied us into Iraq. But I also loved it when the Dixie Chicks did it. I just find it odd you rewarded one and punished the other for saying it, but you can't see you were wrong or a hypocrite. And half of you still say there were WMD's. You won't admit Bush lied us into Iraq.

Honestly, as bad as Trump was, Bush still holds the title of worst president ever. He took that title from Carter and still has it.
Not all country music fans are Republican don’t get paint on yourself while using that broad brush.

What do you mean we headed for the tall grass?
Not only is there not a peep from you clods about the Ukraine mess, you're actively cheering on the potential onset of WW3.
The only reason we don't officially come out and say Bush lied us into Iraq is because it's embarrassing with the rest of the world. Better to hold the position that he had them, was a bad man, needed to go, was threatening his neighbors, blablabla. Better we go with that than admit Bush lied us into Iraq just like Putin lied his way into Ukraine.

Same reason we don't publicly admit Bush stole 2000 and 2004. It's a black eye to America that this kind of shit happens in the supposed greatest country in the world. Hacked voting machines? You guys complained about Dominion who was innocent but ignored what Diebold Voting Machine Company did for Bush. Shame on you.

But what's done is done. Gore had to roll his eyes and give Bush the election. Just like Pence gave it to Biden when he fairly beat Trump. Right?
blablablablablablabla....It's (D)ifferent when you do it.

Not all country music fans are Republican don’t get paint on yourself while using that broad brush.
Oh come on now. You know that if anyone was offended at what Natalie said about Bush, they were Republicans.

It wasn't country music fans who ruined the chicks. It was Republican country music fans. And I'd bet 80% of country music fans are Republicans. So in my paint is 20% democrats and 80% Republicans. That 80% ruined the Chicks then voted for a man who said the exact same thing 13 years later.

I don't expect you guys to get it. I'm trying to point it out to you. Don't you see how you felt one way in 2003 because your politics make you go along even when your leader is wrong? You went along with Bush for 8 years and led us straight into a great recession, 2 quagmires, how many jobs went overseas? It was the worst decade and I remember Republicans said it was a great decade. For who? Haloburton and Shell Oil?

Oh come on now. You know that if anyone was offended at what Natalie said about Bush, they were Republicans.

It wasn't country music fans who ruined the chicks. It was Republican country music fans. And I'd bet 80% of country music fans are Republicans. So in my paint is 20% democrats and 80% Republicans. That 80% ruined the Chicks then voted for a man who said the exact same thing 13 years later.

I don't expect you guys to get it. I'm trying to point it out to you. Don't you see how you felt one way in 2003 because your politics make you go along even when your leader is wrong? You went along with Bush for 8 years and led us straight into a great recession, 2 quagmires, how many jobs went overseas? It was the worst decade and I remember Republicans said it was a great decade. For who? Haloburton and Shell Oil?
No it was the Chicks who ruined the Chicks as I have already explanined if you are to thick to understand this that is your problem. They made the choice to go political as I have already stated that is their right but no one forced them to do it. When you are in the entertainment industry and you get political this is the risk you run they made the decision they knew the risk the responsibilty for what happend to their career is on them and no one else. If trying to blame others for the poor decision the Dixie Chicks made makes you feel better fine have at it I have playoff hockey to watch.

Your inability to see the difference between the war in the Ukraine and the war in Iraq Is evidence that you have absolutely no understanding of world politics.

The United States of America attacked Iraq and started an illegal war. In order to provide a legal justification for the war, they falsely claimed that Saddam Hussein had weapons of mass destruction.

Vladimir Putin attacked the Ukraine because he wants to rebuild the Soviet Union and he’s running out of time. He’s already attacked/annexed several of his neighbours, and he threatening others.

The EU and NATO are defending the Ukraine because they failed to stop Hitler in 1939, or Stalin in 1945.

Putin’s defenders say NATO is expanding right on Russia’s borders and he has reason to worry. Neighbouring nations are joining NATO because Putin is threatening their borders and their independence.

Putin is actively attacking western democracies at every turn, including elections in France, Great Britain and the USA.

You’re not be asked to sacrifice American lives. The Ukrainians are quite capable of fighting for their own freedom. And they’re winning.

I hope this makes you realize how Bush and Chaney lied us all into Iraq. And you demonized anyone who spoke out against it when Bush's story started to fall apart. Suddenly the mission changed. The reasons for being there changed. Never mind there were no WMD's. Prove that. You can't. But we all knew. Bush lied us into Iraq.

The question is, why was it suddenly cool in 2008 and 2015 when Trump said it? Why did you vote for a person who basically vindicated the Dixie Chicks?

You should be embarrassed and buy the Chicks new album to make up for being a political dupe. You were duped. We knew Colon "Uncle Tom" Powell was lying when he testified to Congress. And didn't Rummy tell us we'd be there 2 months?

In another thread this republican tried to show me an op ed explaining how it was Democrats who caused the financial crisis. But the source, is AEI. Look into who writes those op eds you see Wolfowitz, Chaney, all the liars who lied us into Iraq are now telling us they didn't cause the Great Recession that happened at the end of Bush's 8 years???

71eUEOBYCmL._SX425_.jpg
The Dixie Chicks were RUINED! We got them good!! :laugh:

No it was the Chicks who ruined the Chicks as I have already explanined if you are to thick to understand this that is your problem. They made the choice to go political as I have already stated that is their right but no one forced them to do it. When you are in the entertainment industry and you get political this is the risk you run they made the decision they knew the risk the responsibilty for what happend to their career is on them and no one else. If trying to blame others for the poor decision the Dixie Chicks made makes you feel better fine have at it I have playoff hockey to watch.
Oh that's true. You aren't wrong. The Dixie Chicks were very courageous to do the right thing the way they did.

My only point I guess is how differently Republican voters reacted when Trump said it years later. Until he said it, it was taboo for a Republican to say Bush lied us into Iraq. Still is. But Trump can get away with it.

It must be true. That's another point I'd like to make. If the Dixie Chicks think so and Trump says so, and I believe it, must be true.

And don't forget, you Republicans defended Bush and made every argument why he didn't lie us into Iraq. I expect this thread to take that turn. Someone is going to post how there were WMD's. Or they will remind me Hillary voted to invade too. Yea, after Bush, Powell, Chaney, Wolfowitz and Rummy lied to her. To all of us.

And in another thread a guy posted a link to a story explaining how it was LIBERALS who caused the Great Recession. Guess who owns the website that says it was our fault? Wolfowitz, Chaney, etc. Bush is painting in Texas. In hell mentally for the lives he took. I wonder who took more lives Bush in Iraq or Trump with Covid. Not telling us how bad it was in the beginning. It's close.

Forum List

Back