Republican: "Thank God For Obamacare!"

WE THE FUCKING PEOPLE ARE FOOTING THE BILL FOR THIS POS LAW.

Nah, it'll pay for itself.

You can't be that stupid.....

2014-04-04-f8e84af1_large.jpg

They must believe that Obamacare doesn't cross party lines----:badgrin:

Sure Obamacare is great for those who get it for free under the expanded Medicaid programs--and it's great for lower incomes. There is no disagreement there.

But in reality--Obamacare is nothing more than a sucker punch to working middle class Americans. It's nothing more than wealth redistribution via health care. Only this time it's not the rich that is paying for all of the new Medicaid enrollees or all of the subsidized policies, it's working middle class Americans whom are seeing their premiums double to sometimes even triple to what they were paying to pay for all the rest.

Obama has frantically delayed extensions--and postponed the employer mandate until after this coming mid-term election cycle. Because they know that millions more in the nation will see their employer/employee based policies cancelled due to all of the mandates within Obamacare. Such as everyone--without exception--is required to have maternity--drug and alcohol abuse coverage, which has spiked insurance rates across this country. If your current employer policy does not meet these requirements--be assured your policy will be cancelled. IOW--it's not if Obamacare will affect you, it's when.

Enrollment in Obamacare Exchanges: How Will Your Health Insurance Fare?
ib4068_table1_600.ashx

And here is what small business employees are looking at in blue state PA.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UuA2_P-m4Sk

You've got to stop posting bullshit from the Heritage Foundation. Don't you know that organisation doesn't care about the middle class? They have been caught in so many lies they are constantly scrubbing their website.

At least she posted a link to info she provided.

:eusa_whistle:

When did links ever matter to right wingers. I post them all the time. They only believe what they want to believe. I even posted links from the right wing Christian Science Monitor and USMB right wingers will call it a lie.

http://www.usmessageboard.com/polit...sperately-need-barrack-obama.html#post8889010

You've got to stop posting bullshit from the Heritage Foundation. Don't you know that organisation doesn't care about the middle class? They have been caught in so many lies they are constantly scrubbing their website.

When did links ever matter to right wingers. I post them all the time. They only believe what they want to believe. I even posted links from the right wing Christian Science Monitor and USMB right wingers will call it a lie.

http://www.usmessageboard.com/polit...sperately-need-barrack-obama.html#post8889010

Try again :cuckoo:

There is also an international weekly newspaper, The Christian Science Monitor, which has won several Pulitzer Prizes.[4] The Monitor is a secular newspaper; however, there is one religious article in each issue.

Christian Science Publishing Society - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

rdean's right. We Progs post numerous links but rw hive mind types are too lazy or they know their links will be laughed at for being too zany

Ill keep it simple.

Obamacare
Cost to tax payers over 10 years: 1.5 trillion
Cost to tax payers per year: 150 Billion
Enrolled: Lets say 8 million end up enrolling with the extensions.

Cost of the couples insurance in the OP: 135/month $1,620 a year.

Cost per year to the tax payers: $18,750 X 2 since 2 people enrolled = $37,500

Thanks Obamacare.

Liar.

Awwww. Look at you with all your facts!

What was the name of your old plan again? And the new one? Also....how old are you, where do you live and who is on the policy? Finally, what is your AGI!

I told you I tossed my old policy when it got cancelled I do not remember the name of the policy because like most people I tossed it in a drawer and put the card in my wallet and forgot about it. I now have a bronze level plan through Aetna

414 a month with a 6300 deductible. 246 more a month than I was paying for my old catastrophic care insurance

I am the only one on the policy as I am single and have no kids but somehow my policy has to cover maternity care and dental and optical for children under 12 not to mention mental health drug and alcohol counseling that I will never use.

My Agi last year was 283,659. I know that because I just got my taxes back.

So I'm sitting here Googling "aetna insurance for 168 a month single person" from 2000 to 2008 and what I found were numbers closer to this:

MONTHLY RATES START AT: $714 single / $1,808 family

and what you get is this:

When using your own doctors, you have
$5000/$15,000 deductible
60% coverage up to $10,000, 100% thereafter
Hospitalization
Mental Health – 20 visits
Chiropractic
When using AETNA doctors, you have
$25/$40 Office copay
Preventative Care
Hospitalization - $500 deductible
Mental Health – $40 copay/ 20 visits per year
Chiropractic
Plan includes a $20 generic/$30 brand/$50 drug card w/$200 deductible

------------------------------------------------------------

Perhaps you should review that old insurance plan and see what the "fine print" actually says? Or maybe you could scan it an post it through one of those sites that lets you post pictures anonymously. You could ink out names and locations.

^ rightist lemming post :tinfoil:

Come on zany zoomy. Can you do better than that? From your link:

The History of ObamaCare

The concept behind ObamaCare was an individual mandate to coupled with subsidies for private insurance. The concept was first put forth by The Heritage Foundation, a politically conservative think tank. Their idea was that this was an acceptable alternative to the single-payer initiative, “Medicare for All,” being proposed by the Clinton Administration. Since that time health care reform was proposed and expanded upon by both parties until it was implemented in Massachusetts by then-Governor Romney. During the 2008 elections, health care reform became a major plank on the platform of the Democratic party.

stop w/ the rw hive mind fake outs :eusa_hand:

Speaking of buzzing ...before he was for it, obama was against the mandate.

btw, how did that mandate thing work out back in the 90's? Republicans evolved and realized it was a poor idea so it was shelved, only to be brought back to life by the D's.

You guys own it lock, stock, and barrel ... no matter how much you whine about it being a Republican idea. :lol:

^ rightist lemming post :tinfoil:

Come on zany zoomy. Can you do better than that? From your link:

The History of ObamaCare

The concept behind ObamaCare was an individual mandate to coupled with subsidies for private insurance. The concept was first put forth by The Heritage Foundation, a politically conservative think tank. Their idea was that this was an acceptable alternative to the single-payer initiative, “Medicare for All,” being proposed by the Clinton Administration. Since that time health care reform was proposed and expanded upon by both parties until it was implemented in Massachusetts by then-Governor Romney. During the 2008 elections, health care reform became a major plank on the platform of the Democratic party.

stop w/ the rw hive mind fake outs :eusa_hand:

Speaking of buzzing ...before he was for it, obama was against the mandate.

btw, how did that mandate thing work out back in the 90's? Republicans evolved and realized it was a poor idea so it was shelved, only to be brought back to life by the D's.

You guys own it lock, stock, and barrel ... no matter how much you whine about it being a Republican idea. :lol:

^^^^That's a wrap, folks^^^^

^^^^/thread^^^^^

:eusa_angel:

What do democrats "thank God" for? The forum should be full of posts by lefties describing the accomplishments of the Hussein administration which is in it's 2nd term but all they do is attack the minority party and pretend that they are victims. What does that tell you about the administration's agenda?

Scott Brown Awkwardly Finds Out That Obamacare Is Also Helping Republicans

*snip*

Brown found that out on Saturday, when he stopped by the home of Herb Richardson, a Republican state representative. Sitting in Richardson's home, Brown called Obamacare a "monstrosity" that members of Congress didn't even bother to read before they passed. At that point, according to the Coos County Democrat, Richardson chimed in to explain that the law had been a "financial lifesaver" for him and his wife. From the the piece (page 14):

Richardson was injured on the job and was forced to live on his workers' comp payments for an extended period of time, which ultimately cost the couple their house on Williams Street. The couple had to pay $1,100 a month if they wanted to maintain their health insurance coverage under the federal COBRA law.

Richardson said he only received some $2,000 a month in workers' comp. payments, however, leaving little for them to live on.

"Thank God for Obamacare!" his wife exclaimed.

Now, thanks to the subsidy for which they qualify, the Richardsons only pay $136 a month for health insurance that covers them both.

And once again, we see a social safety net at work.

That Obamacare has some successes is inevitable....it's a law of percentages.

Overall, it sucks.

Of course he thinks it's great, someone else is footing the majority of his costs. Duh.
Interesting that you choose to see it that way as opposed to the possibility that he was being way overcharged with COBRA.

Is that because corporations can do no wrong in your eyes?

And where do you get the certainty that he is getting subsidized?

Of course he was being over charged for COBRA. And?

wtf?

"the Richardsons only pay $136 a month for health insurance that covers them both." is cheap cheap, they are being subsidized.

. I do realize that by "subsidize" you probably are referring to the use of government funds to offset losses by the insurance companies. I am not certain if that is true or not. However, If only half of the new enrollees are paying premiums averaging 70 bucks a month each, that's no chump change.

It is chump change when you consider we are spending 8,500 per person per year. 70/month gets you 840/year, which means others are making up 90% of the difference.

Does the radical left actually search every state to find a provocative statement by a republican? I guess they have the resources courtesy of Soros' MM. Wouldn't you think a state elected official would have decent health insurance without going into the ironically named ACA and hoping for a decent price in a gigantic pool that hasn't even been fully implemented? Something ain't right about the Huffington editorial.

They must believe that Obamacare doesn't cross party lines----:badgrin:

Sure Obamacare is great for those who get it for free under the expanded Medicaid programs--and it's great for lower incomes. There is no disagreement there.

But in reality--Obamacare is nothing more than a sucker punch to working middle class Americans. It's nothing more than wealth redistribution via health care. Only this time it's not the rich that is paying for all of the new Medicaid enrollees or all of the subsidized policies, it's working middle class Americans whom are seeing their premiums double to sometimes even triple to what they were paying to pay for all the rest.

Obama has frantically delayed extensions--and postponed the employer mandate until after this coming mid-term election cycle. Because they know that millions more in the nation will see their employer/employee based policies cancelled due to all of the mandates within Obamacare. Such as everyone--without exception--is required to have maternity--drug and alcohol abuse coverage, which has spiked insurance rates across this country. If your current employer policy does not meet these requirements--be assured your policy will be cancelled. IOW--it's not if Obamacare will affect you, it's when.

Enrollment in Obamacare Exchanges: How Will Your Health Insurance Fare?
ib4068_table1_600.ashx

And here is what small business employees are looking at in blue state PA.

And yet you dicks want to credit them with starting Obamacare.

,308 perperson
Of course he thinks it's great, someone else is footing the majority of his costs. Duh.
Interesting that you choose to see it that way as opposed to the possibility that he was being way overcharged with COBRA.

wtf?

"the Richardsons only pay $136 a month for health insurance that covers them both." is cheap cheap, they are being subsidized.

. I do realize that by "subsidize" you probably are referring to the use of government funds to offset losses by the insurance companies. I am not certain if that is true or not. However, If only half of the new enrollees are paying premiums averaging 70 bucks a month each, that's no chump change.

It is chump change when you consider we are spending 8,500 per person per year. 70/month gets you 840/year, which means others are making up 90% of the difference.

Whoa. The cost of subsidies was projected to be around 4,308 per person in 2016. I agree that is still too damn much. I am beginning to think socialized medicine would be far better for our teeming masses!

What do democrats "thank God" for? The forum should be full of posts by lefties describing the accomplishments of the Hussein administration which is in it's 2nd term but all they do is attack the minority party and pretend that they are victims. What does that tell you about the administration's agenda?
this tell us how ignorant you are... first of all, the democrats is the minority party in the congress ...so why would democrats attack themselves
we Got osama Bin Laden did ya for get that, drum roll
obama score card.png

Last edited:
Scott Brown Awkwardly Finds Out That Obamacare Is Also Helping Republicans

*snip*

Brown found that out on Saturday, when he stopped by the home of Herb Richardson, a Republican state representative. Sitting in Richardson's home, Brown called Obamacare a "monstrosity" that members of Congress didn't even bother to read before they passed. At that point, according to the Coos County Democrat, Richardson chimed in to explain that the law had been a "financial lifesaver" for him and his wife. From the the piece (page 14):

Richardson was injured on the job and was forced to live on his workers' comp payments for an extended period of time, which ultimately cost the couple their house on Williams Street. The couple had to pay $1,100 a month if they wanted to maintain their health insurance coverage under the federal COBRA law.

Richardson said he only received some $2,000 a month in workers' comp. payments, however, leaving little for them to live on.

"Thank God for Obamacare!" his wife exclaimed.

Now, thanks to the subsidy for which they qualify, the Richardsons only pay $136 a month for health insurance that covers them both.

And once again, we see a social safety net at work.

That Obamacare has some successes is inevitable....it's a law of percentages.

Overall, it sucks.
in only sucks in states that didn't accept it ... in my state Colorado, one the state that Trump needs to win, that he won't get ... why ??? people are getting health care at a great cost... people are benefiting from its cost ... thats why you don't get it ...

example: just had several herniated disc repaired ... my cost ??? big fat goose egg ... prior to OBAMA care I got just a MRI it cost me 5000 dollars and I had health care ... they said they would cover it ... after obama care, my MRI cost me nothing .... the insurance covered it it ... Plus it was a pre-existing condition to boot ...now I walk a lot easer without pain and you're trying to tell me Obama care sucks ??? you must live in a state that doesn't accept it ...

wtf?

actually you aren't paying for it ... the tax payer isn't paying for anything ... remember one of the things the republicans tried to do and took it to the supreme court... if you're able to remember... one of the taxes passed to help cover for subsidies was medical equipment ... well that 2.2 percent has so far covered all of the states that have subsidies ... you see if your state doesn't accept obama care you don't get that subsidiary...so only a little more the half get subsidies .. where you got your information from is beyond me ... probably from some right wing I had everything obama site

Forum List

Back