Republican: "Thank God For Obamacare!"

Zoom-Boing, it seems the crux of our debate turns upon the following exchange.:

JQPublic1 said:
I suppose one could look at it like that! Another viewpoint is that taxpayer funds are just one source of government income. With some government funds being generated by land leasing, interest on loans and fines, or other myriad sources, your premise is not entirely true. Yours is a specious belief that rests entirely on nebulous assumptions. My point is that you cannot differentiate between taxpayer funds or funds generated by interest on outstanding loans. That renders your premise as little more than speculation at best!

Zoom-Boing said:
There is no "suppose" about it. The government does not produce anything, can't purchase anything without getting its 'funds' (revenue) from someone else. That would be joe taxpayer. Here, this will help you understand. United States Government Revenue History - Charts

We disagree here. But to drive my point home to less obstinate and more objective readers I point to your own link which clearly shows that 8% of government revenue comes from fees, This includes but is not limited to land leasing fees for various mineral extractions and visits to national monuments/parks. You may have to do a little math but we are talking about billions of dollars. Non of those funds are generated by taxes.

All I know is before ObamaCare I went to the doctors office 4 times a year...
BP tested,blood taken,EKG performed and twice a year the ECHO/Sonar thing where they listen to blood flow.

Cost $80 to me....

Now I have a $6,000.00 deductible.

Office vist alone is now $250.00
Forget about the tests on top of that.
A few grand maybe...

I cancelled a scheduled appointment that I had for this month and told them why.
They said they understood....

Thanks Obama...

Under your old plan, you probably didn't have hospital coverage at all. If you did, you would have posted it.

There is no such thing as a medical insurance policy that doesn't cover hospitalization----:cuckoo:

That is SPECIFICALLY the number ONE reason why people get medical insurance in the first place.

Now if you have a deductible--you will pay that amount first, and or the policy will pay 80% of the bill--and you pay 20% until your deductible is met-- then the policy will take over by 100% of the hospital costs.

Last edited:

JQPublic1 said:
I suppose one could look at it like that! Another viewpoint is that taxpayer funds are just one source of government income. With some government funds being generated by land leasing, interest on loans and fines, or other myriad sources, your premise is not entirely true. Yours is a specious belief that rests entirely on nebulous assumptions. My point is that you cannot differentiate between taxpayer funds or funds generated by interest on outstanding loans. That renders your premise as little more than speculation at best!

Zoom-Boing said:
There is no "suppose" about it. The government does not produce anything, can't purchase anything without getting its 'funds' (revenue) from someone else. That would be joe taxpayer. Here, this will help you understand. United States Government Revenue History - Charts

We disagree here. But to drive my point home to less obstinate and more objective readers I point to your own link which clearly shows that 8% of government revenue comes from fees, This includes but is not limited to land leasing fees for various mineral extractions and visits to national monuments/parks. You may have to do a little math but we are talking about billions of dollars. Non of those funds are generated by taxes.

Where does the government get the money they use to buy/lease those lands?

Where does the government get the money to loan and collect interest on?

So joe taxpayer isn't the one paying the fees to enter monuments and parks? Who is, Smokey the Bear? Sorry for the confusion. Instead of 'joe taxpayer' I'll call them 'we, the people'. Better? Derp.

Point IS ... the government is primarily funded by joe taxpayer, er we the people, one way or another. Don't know why you keep arguing this.

Last edited:
Don't you know how to use Google? The person before me provided no link. Why should I?

Typical.

Rozman is suppose to provide a link to his own personal experience? :cuckoo:

Link for the info you posted. TIA.

"Own Personal Experience"? Well, it was my "own personal experience" to learn how to use Google. And I did. Why believe that and not this? Because you don't want to know the truth. If you did, you would spend 5 minutes using Google to prove I'm wrong. Only you won't. And we both know it.

You made the statement and even went so far as saying you googled it ... yet you just can't seem to produce the link but instead insist that others go find it. You made the claim, it's on you to provide the linky link link link.

:lol: rderping, you're doing it right!

JQPublic1 said:

Zoom-Boing said:

Your circular approach doesn't advance the conversation. While the biggest source of funding comes from income taxes and payroll taxes billions are generated by tourists and even foreign companies or multi-nationals.

So joe taxpayer isn't the one paying the fees to enter monuments and parks? Who is, Smokey the Bear? Sorry for the confusion. Instead of 'joe taxpayer' I'll call them 'we, the people'. Better? Derp.
A sensible person would see that the Russian bear, the Chinese dragon and the German Adler are all well represented in American tourism as are the national symbols of myriad other countries. Although many citizens from those parts of the world could probably pass for "joe the taxpayer" even you could eventually tell the difference. Then again.....

Zoom-Boing said:
Point IS ... the government is primarily funded by joe taxpayer, er we the people, one way or another. Don't know why you keep arguing this.

The key word is "primarily." Looks like you finally realize that there is more to government funding than meets the eye. Thanks for agreeing with me! I cannot argue with your last sentence as it accounts for sources beyond " joe the taxpayer." Thanks!

Does the radical left actually search every state to find a provocative statement by a republican? I guess they have the resources courtesy of Soros' MM. Wouldn't you think a state elected official would have decent health insurance without going into the ironically named ACA and hoping for a decent price in a gigantic pool that hasn't even been fully implemented? Something ain't right about the Huffington editorial.

All I know is before ObamaCare I went to the doctors office 4 times a year...
BP tested,blood taken,EKG performed and twice a year the ECHO/Sonar thing where they listen to blood flow.

Cost $80 to me....

Now I have a $6,000.00 deductible.

Office vist alone is now $250.00
Forget about the tests on top of that.
A few grand maybe...

I cancelled a scheduled appointment that I had for this month and told them why.
They said they understood....

Thanks Obama...

Under your old plan, you probably didn't have hospital coverage at all. If you did, you would have posted it.

There is no such thing as a medical insurance policy that doesn't cover hospitalization----:cuckoo:

That is SPECIFICALLY the number ONE reason why people get medical insurance in the first place.

Now if you have a deductible--you will pay that amount first, and or the policy will pay 80% of the bill--and you pay 20% until your deductible is met-- then the policy will take over by 100% of the hospital costs.

I can't believe that you could get some ignorant right wingers to agree with you.

You know, you could even go to wikipedia to find out the truth.

You could get a plan that says hospital, but really refers to getting a mammogram or some procedure not available in the doctors office. Or you could get a "scheduled plan" which allows only a couple of visits a year to a doctor and a limited number of tests. It's these kinds of "moron plans" that Obama is trying to get rid of and Republicans are fighting to keep. But come one, what do you expect people living off Social Security and Medicare while screaming to have their benefits cut?

Does the radical left actually search every state to find a provocative statement by a republican? I guess they have the resources courtesy of Soros' MM. Wouldn't you think a state elected official would have decent health insurance without going into the ironically named ACA and hoping for a decent price in a gigantic pool that hasn't even been fully implemented? Something ain't right about the Huffington editorial.

We don't have to. There is so much rich material being thrown in our faces. Republicans constantly call us liars. Even after we post video and audio, uncut, unaltered and in context.

They must believe that Obamacare doesn't cross party lines----:badgrin:

Sure Obamacare is great for those who get it for free under the expanded Medicaid programs--and it's great for lower incomes. There is no disagreement there.

But in reality--Obamacare is nothing more than a sucker punch to working middle class Americans. It's nothing more than wealth redistribution via health care. Only this time it's not the rich that is paying for all of the new Medicaid enrollees or all of the subsidized policies, it's working middle class Americans whom are seeing their premiums double to sometimes even triple to what they were paying to pay for all the rest.

Obama has frantically delayed extensions--and postponed the employer mandate until after this coming mid-term election cycle. Because they know that millions more in the nation will see their employer/employee based policies cancelled due to all of the mandates within Obamacare. Such as everyone--without exception--is required to have maternity--drug and alcohol abuse coverage, which has spiked insurance rates across this country. If your current employer policy does not meet these requirements--be assured your policy will be cancelled. IOW--it's not if Obamacare will affect you, it's when.

Enrollment in Obamacare Exchanges: How Will Your Health Insurance Fare?
ib4068_table1_600.ashx

And here is what small business employees are looking at in blue state PA.

Last edited by a moderator:

Your circular approach doesn't advance the conversation. While the biggest source of funding comes from income taxes and payroll taxes billions are generated by tourists and even foreign companies or multi-nationals.

A sensible person would see that the Russian bear, the Chinese dragon and the German Adler are all well represented in American tourism as are the national symbols of myriad other countries. Although many citizens from those parts of the world could probably pass for "joe the taxpayer" even you could eventually tell the difference. Then again.....

Zoom-Boing said:

The key word is "primarily." Looks like you finally realize that there is more to government funding than meets the eye. Thanks for agreeing with me! I cannot argue with your last sentence as it accounts for sources beyond " joe the taxpayer." Thanks!

Jesus you are just dense. Primarily means that joetaxpayer foots the bill for the vast majority of anything the gov't does. Again, I don't know why you're arguing about 'other sources' as joetaxpayer foots the bill for the vast majority of anything the gov't does. What was it they took in last year from us, 3T? They consider a billion here or there as chump change to the T that they get.

The original post of yours I responded to was in reference to "gov't funds" for those getting subsidies from obamacare. You then decided to go off on a tangent, stretching your neck around to say 'ah ha! see? gov't gets money from other sources other than joetaxpayer!'. Aye yi yi. :rolleyes:

In reference to your post I responded to, it isn't gov't anything, they are just acting as the middle man. Those dollars - the subsidies - are coming from we, the people, in the form of more taxes and higher premiums for others. If someone is getting a government subsidy (for anything but specifically in this discussion for obamacare) it means that someone else, some other joetaxpayer, we the people, are footing the bill. That's a fact, jack. You want to argue that, you want to say "oh, but wait, gov't gets money from xx and yy too!", have at it. You'd be wrong. Those monies are not paying for the subsidies for those receiving them from obamacare. Our premiums went up 44% this year. Why? So that someone else gets to pay less. 21 new taxes in the pos bill. Just wait until the other shoes drop in the coming years ... and we the people --- well, some of us --- are on the hook for it.

You, like so many others, want to keep your ears and eyes closed to it? Go ahead. It won't change the facts.

Zoom-Boing said:

Jesus you are just dense. Primarily means that joetaxpayer foots the bill for the vast majority of anything the gov't does. Again, I don't know why you're arguing about 'other sources' as joetaxpayer foots the bill for the vast majority of anything the gov't does. What was it they took in last year from us, 3T? They consider a billion here or there as chump change to the T that they get.

The original post of yours I responded to was in reference to "gov't funds" for those getting subsidies from obamacare. You then decided to go off on a tangent, stretching your neck around to say 'ah ha! see? gov't gets money from other sources other than joetaxpayer!'. Aye yi yi. :rolleyes:

In reference to your post I responded to, it isn't gov't anything, they are just acting as the middle man. Those dollars - the subsidies - are coming from we, the people, in the form of more taxes and higher premiums for others. If someone is getting a government subsidy (for anything but specifically in this discussion for obamacare) it means that someone else, some other joetaxpayer, we the people, are footing the bill. That's a fact, jack. You want to argue that, you want to say "oh, but wait, gov't gets money from xx and yy too!", have at it. You'd be wrong. Those monies are not paying for the subsidies for those receiving them from obamacare. Our premiums went up 44% this year. Why? So that someone else gets to pay less. 21 new taxes in the pos bill. Just wait until the other shoes drop in the coming years ... and we the people --- well, some of us --- are on the hook for it.

You, like so many others, want to keep your ears and eyes closed to it? Go ahead. It won't change the facts.

:clap2: Spot on, Zoom. But, Pubes will come back and try and baffle you with his BS like he has tried so far in this thread.

Sure Obamacare is great for those who get it for free under the expanded Medicaid programs--and it's great for lower incomes. There is no disagreement there.

But in reality--Obamacare is nothing more than a sucker punch to working middle class Americans. It's nothing more than wealth redistribution via health care. Only this time it's not the rich that is paying for all of the new Medicaid enrollees or all of the subsidized policies, it's working middle class Americans whom are seeing their premiums double to sometimes even triple to what they were paying to pay for all the rest.

Obama has frantically delayed extensions--and postponed the employer mandate until after this coming mid-term election cycle. Because they know that millions more in the nation will see their employer/employee based policies cancelled due to all of the mandates within Obamacare. Such as everyone--without exception--is required to have maternity--drug and alcohol abuse coverage, which has spiked insurance rates across this country. If your current employer policy does not meet these requirements--be assured your policy will be cancelled. IOW--it's not if Obamacare will affect you, it's when.

ib4068_table1_600.ashx

You've got to stop posting bullshit from the Heritage Foundation. Don't you know that organisation doesn't care about the middle class? They have been caught in so many lies they are constantly scrubbing their website.

ib4068_table1_600.ashx

You've got to stop posting bullshit from the Heritage Foundation. Don't you know that organisation doesn't care about the middle class? They have been caught in so many lies they are constantly scrubbing their website.

At least she posted a link to info she provided.

:eusa_whistle:

Zoom-Boing said:

I color coded those points you made in red which are unlinked. I'll take those allegations as wild assed guesses. Facts are based on documented and properly linked sources not gut feelings and speculation. Your hunches are nothing more than fodder for you and your fellow right wingers. If that is all you have the conversation is over.

I color coded those points you made in red which are unlinked. I'll take those allegations as wild assed guesses. Facts are based on documented and properly linked sources not gut feelings and speculation. Your hunches are nothing more than fodder for you and your fellow right wingers. If that is all you have the conversation is over.

You're a fucking idiot, you know that?

WE THE FUCKING PEOPLE ARE FOOTING THE BILL FOR THIS POS LAW. If you don't know that? You must be a liberal. Not my problem you're stupid.

I can't link our (MY FAMILY'S) 44% increase in h/i premiums. You can call me a liar. You'd be wrong.

Here's MORE info. on rising costs.

http://boss.blogs.nytimes.com/2014/...-rise-under-a-c-a/?_php=true&_type=blogs&_r=0
http://blogs.kqed.org/stateofhealth...fordable-care-act-goes-into-effect-obamacare/
http://www.thenewamerican.com/usnew...ally-increase-healthcare-costs-for-businesses

A federal actuarial report predicts that 65% of small businesses will see their health-insurance premiums increase under part of the Affordable Care Act.

http://online.wsj.com/news/articles/SB10001424052702304834704579403581288810194

You fucking moronic moron. Fucking go get a clue. You're a complete idiot.

ObamaCare Tax: Full List of ObamaCare Taxes

unsub because you're a moron with shit for brains.

Last edited:

WE THE FUCKING PEOPLE ARE FOOTING THE BILL FOR THIS POS LAW. If you don't know that? Not my problem.

I can't link our 44% increase in h/i premiums. You can call me a liar. You'd be wrong.

unsub because you're a moron.

At least the twit said the conversation was over, Zoom.
That in itself is a blessing, was getting tired of his empty drivel.

WE THE FUCKING PEOPLE ARE FOOTING THE BILL FOR THIS POS LAW. If you don't know that? Not my problem.

I can't link our 44% increase in h/i premiums. You can call me a liar. You'd be wrong.

unsub because you're a moron.

At least the twit said the conversation was over, Zoom.
That in itself is a blessing, was getting tired of his empty drivel.

omG I even went back in and edited my post with MORE links for the idiot to read. He's a leftist lemming, not worth the time. He's too stupid. Of course the conversation is over, he has nothing to offer and falls back on the typical "wild ass guesses" and the like reply. :cuckoo: :lol:

^ rightist lemming post :tinfoil:

Come on zany zoomy. Can you do better than that? From your link:

The History of ObamaCare

The concept behind ObamaCare was an individual mandate to coupled with subsidies for private insurance. The concept was first put forth by The Heritage Foundation, a politically conservative think tank. Their idea was that this was an acceptable alternative to the single-payer initiative, “Medicare for All,” being proposed by the Clinton Administration. Since that time health care reform was proposed and expanded upon by both parties until it was implemented in Massachusetts by then-Governor Romney. During the 2008 elections, health care reform became a major plank on the platform of the Democratic party.

stop w/ the rw hive mind fake outs :eusa_hand:

Last edited:
^ rightist lemming post :tinfoil:

Come on zany zoomy. Can you do better than that? From your link:

The History of ObamaCare

The concept behind ObamaCare was an individual mandate to coupled with subsidies for private insurance. The concept was first put forth by The Heritage Foundation, a politically conservative think tank. Their idea was that this was an acceptable alternative to the single-payer initiative, “Medicare for All,” being proposed by the Clinton Administration. Since that time health care reform was proposed and expanded upon by both parties until it was implemented in Massachusetts by then-Governor Romney. During the 2008 elections, health care reform became a major plank on the platform of the Democratic party.

stop w/ the rw hive mind fake outs :eusa_hand:

Perty isn't it?

Fortunately the idea put forth by the Heritage Foundation was merely an idea, not a mandate.

Forum List

Back