Republican tax cut will not trickle down

Discussion in 'Politics' started by rightwinger, Dec 4, 2017.

1. Flash

Flash Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +22,188
    This Derp Moon Bat is confused as hell and is quoting this Democrat fake news. You know, like Peloski claiming that a tax cut will be the destruction of the country or Armageddon or some other silly shit.

Nobody in this country making $30K a year will be paying more taxes under the new tax plan with a larger standard deduction and lower incremental tax bracket. Hell, even nowadays I bet everybody in this country that has a family income of $30K is in that 49% that don't pay income taxes. If they are paying income taxes then they are not doing it right.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  2. Toddsterpatriot

Toddsterpatriot Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +16,399
    Duh! Because there were fewer of those workers because they got higher wages and full-time work

Hey, fucktard, if minimum wage workers at $10/hour are considered low-wage, minimum wage workers at $13/hour are still low-wage workers, because they make the fucking minimum wage.

And they didn't become full-time workers, they lost hours. That means they worked less, not more.

they didn't get hurt. Wages in Seattle rose faster than the rest of the country

You wouldn't be including all workers in this claim?
    Because that would be dishonest...or proof that you know fuck all about statistics.
    Most likely both. You're a liar and a moron.

3. Toddsterpatriot

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +16,399
    This paper evaluates the wage, employment, and hours effects of the first and second phase-in of the Seattle Minimum Wage Ordinance, which raised the minimum wage from $9.47 to as much as $11 per hour in 2015 and to as much as $13 per hour in 2016. Using a variety of methods to analyze employment in all sectors paying below a specified real hourly rate, we conclude that the second wage increase to $13 reduced hours worked in low-wage jobs by around 9 percent, while hourly wages in such jobs increased by around 3 percent. Consequently, total payroll fell for such jobs, implying that the minimum wage ordinance lowered low-wage employees’ earnings by an average of $125 per month in 2016. Evidence attributes more modest effects to the first wage increase. We estimate an effect of zero when analyzing employment in the restaurant industry at all wage levels, comparable to many prior studies.

Minimum Wage Increases, Wages, and Low-Wage Employment: Evidence from Seattle

4. Papageorgio

Papageorgio The Ultimate Winner

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +13,796
    I could be or not be, depending on the company, when my profits went up, I would tend to hand out bonuses to my employees, however I also realize every business is different.

In 2008 many companies were criticized by not having a large cash reserve and it helped create the downturn in 2008. So, I am not sure what people want companies to do, either build up reserves, expand, both. :dunno:

5. Toddsterpatriot

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +16,399
    Corporations don't need a low income tax rate to "reinvest" because "reinvestment" happens pre-tax.

Corporations need a low income tax rate to have higher after tax profits.
    When you get a dividend, did it come from pre-tax earnings or after tax earnings?

6. Flash

Flash Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +22,188

You really believe that silly shit Moon Bat? I bet you believe Peloski when she said that this tax reduction is Armageddon or something.

It is amazing to see the lies and misinformation you stupid Moon Bats spread about Trump's efforts to make this country great again.

I bet you are one of these Moon Bats that believed the CBO estimates on Obamacare and believed Obama when he said that he would not raise taxes on anybody in the US making less than $250K a year, aren't you? How precious!

We discuss the tax bill when it is finalized. Until then fuck off with your ignorant Libtard shit, Moon Bat.

7. Toddsterpatriot

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +16,399
    The marginal rate goes from 10% to 12% beginning in 2019.

Does it increase after that?
    No.

Secondly, when you remove the Child Tax Credit, individual deduction, dependent deduction, the various housing deductions, the various medical deductions, the various interest deductions, the various SALT deductions, the charitable deductions, and the various education deductions, you don't come out ahead,

Lots of taxpayers in the 10% bracket getting those things?

8. Flash

Flash Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +22,188

Since you are posting that shit chart how about explaining a few things to me.

What are the inputs to the chart?

What are the assumptions?

What are the projections based upon?

Is it the Senate version or the House version?

If the Committee changes either the House version or the Senate version how will that effect the chart?

Answer those questions Moon Bat or shut the fuck up. We get enough of these lies and bullshit on a daily basis.

Tax cuts are good for this country. If you weren't a dumbass hate filled Moon Bat you would understand that.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2017
  9. Flash

Flash Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +22,188
    Notice that The Derp didn't even have the courage to post a link for his stupid chart.

10. Boss

Boss Take a Memo:

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +10,003

Nope, wasn't when they were slaves. I knew you wouldn't know the answer.

The last time in America when black unemployment was lower than white unemployment was 1930. The year before passage of the nation's very first "minimum wage" law. It was called the Davis-Bacon Act.

You see, in 1927, back in Senator Bacon's district, a veteran's hospital was awarded to a contractor who used black laborers from Alabama to save on labor cost. This angered local whites in the midst of the depression who were seeking employment. So Bacon decided the way to "fix this problem" was to price black labor out of the market by mandating contractors pay prevailing local rates for labor on government contracts. His measure failed the first couple times around but finally passed in 1931.

Since 1931, black unemployment has always been higher than white unemployment. When you implement a mandated minimum wage, the lower-skilled and less-educated workers suffer as a result. This is why you have to shift to talking about the middle class and how they benefited in Seattle. Of course they benefited at the expense of the working poor.... but you don't really give two shits about the working poor, do ya?