Republican- nominated SCOTUS judge- 6 years of silence

Justice Thomas must have misunderstood his wife when she warned him to never discuss oral and stressed that he should always keep it in his briefs...........

Last edited:
Maybe its for the best :dunno:
Six Years of Silence for Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas - ABC News
As the Supreme Court Justices today fired questions on the ‘Obamacare‘ mandate across the bench, one voice was notably – but perhaps predictably – silent. So far every Justice on the bench has spoken up on the health care law except for one: Justice Clarence Thomas.

“I refuse to participate. I don’t like it, so I don’t do it,” he said in 2009, according to The Associated Press.

What say you? ;)

Writings by Justice Thomas
grouped by type, in alphabetical order by first party name

Supreme Court Collection: Opinions by Justice Thomas

I guess I am the only person who is troubled by the fact that during his entire SCOTUS career he never had the need to ask a question to clarify or question an intent of any of the participants.
Yes...becasue those who belive there is some significance to him remaining silent have no idea what they're talking about.

Maybe its for the best :dunno:
Six Years of Silence for Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas - ABC News
As the Supreme Court Justices today fired questions on the ‘Obamacare‘ mandate across the bench, one voice was notably – but perhaps predictably – silent. So far every Justice on the bench has spoken up on the health care law except for one: Justice Clarence Thomas.

“I refuse to participate. I don’t like it, so I don’t do it,” he said in 2009, according to The Associated Press.

What say you? ;)

Writings by Justice Thomas
grouped by type, in alphabetical order by first party name

Supreme Court Collection: Opinions by Justice Thomas

The measure of one's intellect is not defined by how much one speaks but rather the content of the few words employed to convey a point. Correspondence and writings convey thought processes and deeper understandings as to the character and beliefs of the person. Beware of those that listen and read for they truly understand the nuances of an issue beyond those that talk and don't listen to the content of what is being said. I think we have heard enough ramblings from the political sector to conclude they are all full of more bullshit then a Christmas goose and would be better served to read, research, and listen.

As for the comment regarding political hacks on the Supreme Court, each President, when provided the opportunity, selects a worthy candidate to stand before the Senatorial confirmation committee to have their writings, decisions, personal affairs, reviewed and dissected to determine if they posses judicial attributes and qualities required to pass muster in the protection of our rights, separation of powers, and freedoms bestowed by the Constitution. The majority in the Senate have the final say, so yes, it is political and if you really would like some insight into the political nature of the game read the transcript of the Bork nomination, then ask yourself what would you prefer strict or evolutionary interpretation as to your rights and freedoms?

Forum List

Back