Republican Congressmen and women who oppose increasing debt, but voted to increase debt

frigidweirdo

Diamond Member
Mar 7, 2014
These Pennsylvania Congressmen disregarded their own national-debt concerns with tax-bill vote

"These Pennsylvania Congressmen disregarded their own national-debt concerns with tax-bill vote"

"Twenty-one trillion dollars and counting. That is what the national-debt clock reads on the homepage of U.S. Rep. Mike Kelly (R-Butler). A similar clock also appears on the pages of U.S. Rep. Keith Rothfus (R-Sewickley) and U.S. Rep. Tom Marino (R-Williamsport)."

"In 2014, Kelly voted against raising the debt limit and said in a statement after his vote: “My constituents in Western Pennsylvania sent me to Washington because government spending has reached a crisis level, and I gave them my word that I would to do everything in my power to reverse course.”"

Analysis | Four Texas Republicans just voted against Harvey disaster aid

"
Four Texas Republicans just voted against Harvey disaster aid"

"GOP Reps. Joe Barton, Jeb Hensarling, Sam Johnson and Mac Thornberry all voted no on a $15.25 billion aid package Friday that is on its way to President Trump's desk."

"These lawmakers say they didn't like what the Harvey aid was packaged with: a three-month lift of the debt ceiling to let the U.S. Treasury borrow more money and a short-term budget that basically extends last year's budget for another three months. As usual in Washington, the hang-up sits at the nexus of money and making a political statement about money."

Seems all the Texans voted for this tax cut and an increase in debt.

These Pennsylvania Congressmen disregarded their own national-debt concerns with tax-bill vote

"These Pennsylvania Congressmen disregarded their own national-debt concerns with tax-bill vote"

"Twenty-one trillion dollars and counting. That is what the national-debt clock reads on the homepage of U.S. Rep. Mike Kelly (R-Butler). A similar clock also appears on the pages of U.S. Rep. Keith Rothfus (R-Sewickley) and U.S. Rep. Tom Marino (R-Williamsport)."

"In 2014, Kelly voted against raising the debt limit and said in a statement after his vote: “My constituents in Western Pennsylvania sent me to Washington because government spending has reached a crisis level, and I gave them my word that I would to do everything in my power to reverse course.”"

"

"GOP Reps. Joe Barton, Jeb Hensarling, Sam Johnson and Mac Thornberry all voted no on a $15.25 billion aid package Friday that is on its way to President Trump's desk."

"These lawmakers say they didn't like what the Harvey aid was packaged with: a three-month lift of the debt ceiling to let the U.S. Treasury borrow more money and a short-term budget that basically extends last year's budget for another three months. As usual in Washington, the hang-up sits at the nexus of money and making a political statement about money."

The Tax Cut isn't going to increase the debt....it will bring in more money to the treasury....and if the democrats get congress back, they will spend every penny of it...and then keep spending....

"

The Tax Cut isn't going to increase the debt....it will bring in more money to the treasury....and if the democrats get congress back, they will spend every penny of it...and then keep spending....
They’ll have to, to resurrect the country again.

Seems to be a bit to uncomfortable for the right to discuss.

What is there to discuss, if the economy performs as projected the tax cut will not increase the debt. It will take time to see how it shakes out.

Reagan said the same thing

And he almost doubled the amount of tax revenue that went to the federal government...the problem was the democrats spent all of it and more....we have a spending problem, not a tax people till they bleed problem.

What is there to discuss, if the economy performs as projected the tax cut will not increase the debt. It will take time to see how it shakes out.

Reagan doubled the income to the treasury, he just spent too much. The problem is spending, not taxes.

You'll support Trump's wars when the time comes

And he almost doubled the amount of tax revenue that went to the federal government...the problem was the democrats spent all of it and more....we have a spending problem, not a tax people till they bleed problem.
Now let's double the defense budget and build a few dozen new bases in Bumfuck, Nowhere

"

For the GOP, misery is OK if they could figure out a way to profit from it.

Reagan doubled the income to the treasury, he just spent too much. The problem is spending, not taxes.

Deflection, how cute.

"

For the GOP, misery is OK if they could figure out a way to profit from it.

No....the democrats create misery because they gain power from it....

Deflection, how cute.

2017 was a record year for tax revenue. It will be interesting to see how 2018 goes. Over $600 billion has been added to the deficit since January 20.

Deflection, how cute.

2017 was a record year for tax revenue. It will be interesting to see how 2018 goes. Over $600 billion has been added to the deficit since January 20.

It will take a few years to get a real measure, company expansions and new factories don't happen over night.

We could boot millions of illegals the hell out of OUR country that would save a shitload of money, maybe that would make the libtards happy.

The problem is that you ignore the fact that every major tax cut since the early 1900s has been followed by a large increase in federal tax revenue. So voting for tax cuts is not voting to raise the deficit.

If the government does not go on a spending spree after tax cuts bring in more revenue, then there is increase in the deficit. If the government does go on a spending spree after tax cuts generate a hike in revenue, obviously the fault lies with government spending, not with the tax cuts.

The Facts About Tax Cuts, Revenue, and Growth

Where was your concern about the debt and the deficit when Obama tripled the deficit and piled up more debt in 8 years than Bush and Reagan combined? Obama added $7.9 trillion to the national debt. Bush added $5.8 trillion. Reagan added $1.8 trillion.

"

It’s called hypocrisy, typical of most on the inconsistent right.

And it’s another example of Republicans placing party before country.

Forum List

Back