Report: Turkey nixes NATO meeting with Israel

Lipush

Gold Member
Apr 11, 2012
Where the wild things are
Turkish daily Hurriyet reports initiative to resume meetings between ministers from Israel, six Arab countries nixed by Ankara, Cairo, who say 'it's not the right time'

Report: Turkey nixes NATO meeting with Israel - Israel News, Ynetnews

-----------------------

So much for Israel apologizing to those warmongers.

What a joke.

F-u, Turkey!
t9414.gif

Turkish daily Hurriyet reports initiative to resume meetings between ministers from Israel, six Arab countries nixed by Ankara, Cairo, who say 'it's not the right time'

-----------------------

What a joke.

F-u, Turkey!
t9414.gif

The dubious chauvinistic F-U by an Israeli, not only to former ally Turkey, but to the entire planet Earth…Israel is friendless save AIPAC Controlled America…We have seen this scene before in its obscured simplicity in Politics…That too will change in time.

Luputsch is a palestinian agent

she wants israel to have even less friends and she will succeed ranting rudely and ignorantly like that

please let her continue her self destructive ultra paranoid arrogance

it will serve the rightful inhabitants of her stolen house better than us pro justice folx

-----------------------

What a joke.

F-u, Turkey!
t9414.gif

The dubious chauvinistic F-U by an Israeli, not only to former ally Turkey, but to the entire planet Earth…Israel is friendless save AIPAC Controlled America…We have seen this scene before in its obscured simplicity in Politics…That too will change in time.

If you actually read the article, you will see that it was Turkey (and Egypt) who nixed this peaceful meeting, even after Israel apologized to Turkey.

-----------------------

What a joke.

F-u, Turkey!
t9414.gif

You have not read a word from that article, now, have you:eusa_whistle:

http://news.yahoo.com/turkeys-erdog...9yeXBhZ2UEdGVzdANONFVfaG9tZXJ1bmFwaQ--;_ylv=3

ANKARA (Reuters) - Turkish Prime Minister Tayyip Erdogan said on Sunday he will visit the Palestinian Gaza Strip at the end of May after an official trip to the United States in the middle of the month.

Erdogan did not give a specific date for the visit but said during a televised speech in Ankara it would be "around the end of May". He will travel to Washington to meet President Barack Obama on May 16.

The Turkish leader, who has for years spoken of his desire to visit the Palestinian enclave, was expected to travel there this month but postponed his trip at the request of Washington, the Turkish daily Hurriyet and other local media reported.

The United States wanted the trip delayed, the reports said, so as not spoil a nascent rapprochement between Turkey and Israel following an Israeli apology in March for the killing of nine Turks in 2010.

U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry met Erdogan in Istanbul last week, his second visit to Turkey in just over a month, but it was not clear if they had discussed the Gaza visit.

-----------------------

What a joke.

F-u, Turkey!
t9414.gif
"'The general-secretary was planning to invite the foreign ministers of the Mediterranean Dialogue countries on the sidelines of the NATO foreign ministers meeting scheduled for April 23 but Turkey objected to the idea,' a Western diplomat told Hürriyet.

However, Ankara rejected the claim. 'It’s not right that we have objected. This sort of meeting was not held since 2008 because of the political problems between Israel and Arab countries. At this stage, such a meeting would not be useful,' a Turkish official told Hurriyet."

Those "political problems" stem directly from Israel filling the Occupied Territories with hundreds of thousands of her civilians, end the Occupation and many of the problems disappear.

Israel is not a member of NATO, so she should not be at a NATO meeting!
I wonder if Frau Sherri, good humanitarian that she wants us to believe she is, can tell us why Turkey, after 100 years, can't seem to apologize for the over one million Armenians along with the Greek and Assyrians they had killed. Here they wanted Israel to apologize for something that could have been avoided if those thugs who wanted to be martyrs weren't on the ship and yet they can't seem to apologize themselves for an event that happened 100 years ago. We know that Frau Sherri, as the good Christian woman she is, is not considered with the Christians (even priests) who are killed in Turkey, but can she tell us why Turkey has a problem even apologizing for a long-ago genocide.

I wonder if Frau Sherri, good humanitarian that she wants us to believe she is, can tell us why Turkey, after 100 years, can't seem to apologize for the over one million Armenians along with the Greek and Assyrians they had killed. Here they wanted Israel to apologize for something that could have been avoided if those thugs who wanted to be martyrs weren't on the ship and yet they can't seem to apologize themselves for an event that happened 100 years ago. We know that Frau Sherri, as the good Christian woman she is, is not considered with the Christians (even priests) who are killed in Turkey, but can she tell us why Turkey has a problem even apologizing for a long-ago genocide.
Maybe Herr Hossie should get around to that Vietnam pilgrimage and apologize to the millions of Vietnamese civilians who were maimed, murdered, deformed and poisoned, by the US government? Maybe he should make two pilgrimages in order to atone for his personal contribution to the problems he bestowed upon his victims.

-----------------------

What a joke.

F-u, Turkey!
t9414.gif
"'The general-secretary was planning to invite the foreign ministers of the Mediterranean Dialogue countries on the sidelines of the NATO foreign ministers meeting scheduled for April 23 but Turkey objected to the idea,' a Western diplomat told Hürriyet.

However, Ankara rejected the claim. 'It’s not right that we have objected. This sort of meeting was not held since 2008 because of the political problems between Israel and Arab countries. At this stage, such a meeting would not be useful,' a Turkish official told Hurriyet."

Those "political problems" stem directly from Israel filling the Occupied Territories with hundreds of thousands of her civilians, end the Occupation and many of the problems disappear.

What I read is that the alliance of Mediterranean countries of which Israel is a part has Muslim members who have political issues with NATO nations. And I read Turkey officials stated they believed it was not the proper time for this type of meeting to take place.

Another way to look at this decision of Turkey is Turkey is asserting her own political power in the Region.

-----------------------

What a joke.

F-u, Turkey!
t9414.gif

What I read is that the alliance of Mediterranean countries of which Israel is a part has Muslim members who have political issues with NATO nations. And I read Turkey officials stated they believed it was not the proper time for this type of meeting to take place.

Another way to look at this decision of Turkey is Turkey is asserting her own political power in the Region.
There's also some natural gas fields in play, and, as I understand it, some of the largest are off the coast of Gaza:

"A tentative rapprochement between Turkey and Israel could eventually pave the way for joint energy projects but it is still too early to talk of specifics, Turkey's energy minister said this week.

"A US-brokered thaw between Turkey and Israel could alter the energy equation in the eastern Mediterranean, in theory allowing newly discovered Israeli gas to be piped to import-dependent Turkey and on to other markets."

Turkey open to energy ties with Israel - Israel Business, Ynetnews

georgephillip, et al,

Don't mix apples and oranges.

Maybe Herr Hossie should get around to that Vietnam pilgrimage and apologize to the millions of Vietnamese civilians who were maimed, murdered, deformed and poisoned, by the US government? Maybe he should make two pilgrimages in order to atone for his personal contribution to the problems he bestowed upon his victims.
(COMMENT)

I went to Vietnam. You fight the war with the tactics and style of the day. Having been to both Afghanistan and Iraq, I can tell you that the Army of 1970 (RVN) and the Army of Iraq (2004) and Afghanistan (2008) were much different - evolved. Yet, in both wars, one cannot help that people are befall tragedy. Casualties and death are an expected consequence of war.

You answer "your nations call to duty" - and each of us do our best as the nation and leadership expects of us. I check the mail every day. I haven't seen a call from my nation to perform a "pilgrimage and apologize" tour. Is that something that you suggest; on behalf of your constituents? Is that want your leadership call for in historical perspective?

In the mean time, to change the political policies and to alter the course of events that set the conditions for war (whether in 1970 or today), one must not be the crass, crude and argumentative personality that does nothing but criticizes (or the one that promotes and justifies combative engagement) --- but rather --- try to be the one that offers suggestions that have a meaningful impact on the strategies the promote peace as the alternative.

The National Security Strategy (http://www.whitehouse.gov/sites/default/files/rss_viewer/national_security_strategy.pdf) that shapes today's basic foreign policy is here for your examination and critique. What in the strategy do you find that is in need of adjustment? I'm quite sure you've read it, along with every other other member of the Discussion Group. What do you find as a weakness needing repair?

Most Respectfully,
R

georgephillip, et al,

(COMMENT)

I went to Vietnam. You fight the war with the tactics and style of the day. Having been to both Afghanistan and Iraq, I can tell you that the Army of 1970 (RVN) and the Army of Iraq (2004) and Afghanistan (2008) were much different - evolved. Yet, in both wars, one cannot help that people are befall tragedy. Casualties and death are an expected consequence of war.

You answer "your nations call to duty" - and each of us do our best as the nation and leadership expects of us. I check the mail every day. I haven't seen a call from my nation to perform a "pilgrimage and apologize" tour. Is that something that you suggest; on behalf of your constituents? Is that want your leadership call for in historical perspective?

In the mean time, to change the political policies and to alter the course of events that set the conditions for war (whether in 1970 or today), one must not be the crass, crude and argumentative personality that does nothing but criticizes (or the one that promotes and justifies combative engagement) --- but rather --- try to be the one that offers suggestions that have a meaningful impact on the strategies the promote peace as the alternative.

The National Security Strategy (http://www.whitehouse.gov/sites/default/files/rss_viewer/national_security_strategy.pdf) that shapes today's basic foreign policy is here for your examination and critique. What in the strategy do you find that is in need of adjustment? I'm quite sure you've read it, along with every other other member of the Discussion Group. What do you find as a weakness needing repair?

Most Respectfully,
R
Rocco...I know you're not a big Nick Turse fan, but I gotta ask, did you serve in the 1st Cavalry Division?

"We shoot the sick, the young, the lame,
We do our best to kill and maim.
Because the kills count all the same,
Napalm sticks to kids.

"Ox cart rolling down the road,
Peasants with a heavy load,
They're all VC when the bombs explode,
Napalm sticks to kids."

You and Hossie made one of the biggest mistakes of your lives when you went to Vietnam.
I will do my best to suggest to future generations of Americans they make better choices.

Kill Anythng That Moves: The Real American War in Vietnam Nick Turse, Metropolitan Books, 2013, pp.48-49.

Herr Hosshiite, always off topic, somehow alluding that crimes by others in different parts of the world somehow absolve Israeli atrocities...

Pathetic.

Last edited:
georgephillip, et al,

(COMMENT)

Most Respectfully,
R
Rocco...I know you're not a big Nick Turse fan, but I gotta ask, did you serve in the 1st Cavalry Division?

"We shoot the sick, the young, the lame,
We do our best to kill and maim.
Because the kills count all the same,
Napalm sticks to kids.

"Ox cart rolling down the road,
Peasants with a heavy load,
They're all VC when the bombs explode,
Napalm sticks to kids."

You and Hossie made one of the biggest mistakes of your lives when you went to Vietnam.
I will do my best to suggest to future generations of Americans they make better choices.

Kill Anythng That Moves: The Real American War in Vietnam Nick Turse, Metropolitan Books, 2013, pp.48-49.
Atrocities make victims of the perpetrators...

A little Poem I wrote for a friend...

The Wall…

Forgotten Men of 'Nam
How can we know,
The hidden horror

Of twisted children’s
Eyes that follow
To the foothills

Of old Vermont?

How can we
Sense
The bitter sorrow

Being casualties,
Of simple common
Time?

Agent Orange,
Mai Lai, the General's
Fuel to stoke

His fire...

Fifty thousand names
Inscribed in stone
And counting,

Don't let us forget…

Last edited:
Fifty thousand and counting...
The finest employer I ever worked for had a brother who served in Vietnam, handling large quantities of Agent Orange. He survived without a scratch; his child was born badly deformed. Nixon and Johnson died before paying their fair share, but Henry's still kicking.

Forum List

Back