Report: Palin abused power, broke no laws in trooper case

Of course she was vindicated. The report admits she broke no law and none of this can be used against her.

Not only that it broke too soon to be used to tamper with the election like Libs usually do.

With no charges to bring against her all this will do is energize the conservative base.

Why do you lie?

ANCHORAGE, Alaska (CNN) -- Republican vice presidential nominee Sarah Palin abused her power as Alaska's governor and violated state ethics law by trying to get her ex-brother-in-law fired from the state police, a state investigator's report concluded Friday.

"Gov. Palin knowingly permitted a situation to continue where impermissible pressure was placed on several subordinates in order to advance a personal agenda," the report states.

Panel: Palin abused power in trooper case - CNN.com

Why do you lie?

ANCHORAGE, Alaska (CNN) -- Republican vice presidential nominee Sarah Palin abused her power as Alaska's governor and violated state ethics law by trying to get her ex-brother-in-law fired from the state police, a state investigator's report concluded Friday.

"Gov. Palin knowingly permitted a situation to continue where impermissible pressure was placed on several subordinates in order to advance a personal agenda," the report states.

Bush loving Cons apparently don't understand american civics. Perhaps a remedial college level course in Civics is merited?

I'm no expert lawyer, but I do know that one does not have to always appear before a courtroom jury of peers to be found in violation of a law.

Court room trials and court hearings are mostly for criminal law, tort law, and civil liability.

A police officer has every right to find you in violation of traffic laws. It can be appealed in court, but the cop does has the authority and power to find you in violation of the law. And 90% of the time, its adjudicated without a court room hearing. Cops, Civil Boards, and Commissions and other administrative bodies are vested with the authority to make finding of legal violations for all manner of administrative law, environmental law, civil service law.

That's how it works. Here's a lesson Cons: There are many administrative bodies in the country that have the authority to investigate civil matters and determine if legal violations occurred, it doesn't always involve judges and courts. I'm really surprised you didn't know that.

Last edited:
Why do you lie?

It is mere politics and "payback" for the corruption she rooted out.

I do not expect to convince you and really do not give a flip weather you believe it or not.

I am just not going to let you spread crap like this without a response.

She has an 80% approval rating. They would be cutting their own throats.

She has been vindicated in this. They could not find any real wrongdoing so all they could do was say......but!...but!...she was rude! She was Bad!

If anything I admire her even more now.

80% approval rating? Not Anymore

It's in the 60-70% range now and falling fast because of all this.

It is mere politics and "payback" for the corruption she rooted out.

I do not expect to convince you and really do not give a flip weather you believe it or not.

I am just not going to let you spread crap like this without a response.

:lol: The only corruption she rooted out was to be able to put her own corruption in.

:lol: The only corruption she rooted out was to be able to put her own corruption in.

I love how liberals continue to miss the fact that a cop who tasered an 11 year old kid and drank in his squad car is STILL on staff as an Alaskan state trooper. You don't seem to care about that. All you care about is Sarah wanted him fired. Guess what, so do I.

I love how liberals continue to miss the fact that a cop who tasered an 11 year old kid and drank in his squad car is STILL on staff as an Alaskan state trooper. You don't seem to care about that. All you care about is Sarah wanted him fired. Guess what, so do I.

Well I never said I found the guy to be a good guy did I? No

Did I ever say the guy was innocent for those things? No

Did I say the guy wasn't a scumbag for those guys? No

But guess what, stop trying to hide one of the two things you Cons hide behind in desperation; the children or the flag.

In this case it's the children, Sarah only wanted him fired AFTER he got divorced from her sister.

Clearly. If she had asked for him to be fired while he was married to her sister, her sister probably wouldn't appreciate it.

So clearly this was an abuse of power because he was only fired after divorcing her sister.

Thanks for proving my point.

So clearly this was an abuse of power because he was only fired after divorcing her sister.

Thanks for proving my point.

He wasn't fired. So, you're wrong. Which is my point, if a trooper like Wooten is on the force, clearly Monegan wasn't doing his job right. Not only that, but there were budgetary and staffing issues that Monegan wouldn't adhere to. Palin had every right to fire Monegan. Sure, there was personal gain involved, but Alaska is an at-will state. She could fire Monegan for whatever reason she wanted. But she DID have adequate reasoning.

Last edited:
another question:

what "official action" did she take to fire the trooper?

all the action i see are actions that ordinary citizens took...remember, mountcomplainer was lawfully fired and even offered another job...and i believe the trooper was let go before his termination

what exactly did she do, officially, that caused the troopers termination? that is the question.

She violated two Alaska statutes. Read the findings. Unethical behavior.

End of discussion.

:lol: you mean "likely" violated them....there is no evidence, mere opinion...the guy did not even feel pressure from Todd Palin until he was driving home and "reflected" on it....LOL, todd must have been really threatening for the guy to not realize it until later

how did her actions cause the trooper to be fired?

a political witch hunt and outright lies...

:lol: you mean "likely" violated them....there is no evidence, mere opinion...the guy did not even feel pressure from Todd Palin until he was driving home and "reflected" on it....LOL, todd must have been really threatening for the guy to not realize it until later

how did her actions cause the trooper to be fired?

a political witch hunt and outright lies...

yep. What we have here is the equivalent of a police party, though only one person, saying, 'Here's what I've been able to find', do you wish to take it to court?

Is there 'enough'? Doesn't look like it.

Forum List

Back