Reply with something about yourself the rest of the board may not know:

Mr. P said:
Yes, mine is true..

Yours, not 7 or 8...4?
Actually, I'm being a bit disingenuous, yes, I do know about 7 or 8 languages, IF you count computer languages as well as human ones....

English, Italian, Java, FORTRAN, Assembly, JavaScript, XML, XSLT, HTML, Cold Fusion, JSPs......

KarlMarx said:
Actually, I'm being a bit disingenuous, yes, I do know about 7 or 8 languages, IF you count computer languages as well as human ones....

English, Italian, Java, FORTRAN, Assembly, JavaScript, XML, XSLT, HTML, Cold Fusion, JSPs......
Butt head! :teeth:

T/F...My Grandfather was first generation Italian and fluent in the language...his parents never learned English..He never passed it on, my Grandmother forbid him to speak it.

Mr. P said:
T/F...My Grandfather was first generation Italian and fluent in the language...his parents never learned English..He never passed it on, my Grandmother forbid him to speak it.
I can't believe that your grandmother wouldn't want knowledge of the Italian language passed on to her descendants. My experience has been the opposite, i.e. Italians who immigrate here want their children to speak the language and pass it on to their grandchildren. So, I'll say it's false.

KarlMarx said:
I can't believe that your grandmother wouldn't want knowledge of the Italian language passed on to her descendants. My experience has been the opposite, i.e. Italians who immigrate here want their children to speak the language and pass it on to their grandchildren. So, I'll say it's false.
It's a shame, but true...

T/F...My Grandfather also changed his last name to get work...

mom4 said:
Well.... sorta true. I'm about 1/16 Cherokee. About 1/2 German, with pinches of Danish, Irish, and French.

True.

Correct. (I wonder if he's forgiven me yet - I stopped torturing him when he got taller than me). :D

T/F: I've had 37 fish, 3 dogs, 8 cats, 3 ferrets, a boa constrictor, 3 hamsters, a bird, 2 rabbits, 19 gerbils, a cow, 2 calves, a bull, a goat, and a chinchilla as pets in my lifetime.

Shattered said:
Correct. (I wonder if he's forgiven me yet - I stopped torturing him when he got taller than me). :D

T/F: I've had 37 fish, 3 dogs, 8 cats, 3 ferrets, a boa constrictor, 3 hamsters, a bird, 2 rabbits, 19 gerbils, a cow, 2 calves, a bull, a goat, and a chinchilla as pets in my lifetime.

Okay, true, but how would you keep count of all those fish?

mom4 said:
Okay, true, but how would you keep count of all those fish?

Multiple tanks with certain fish in each tank. :) But.. False - I never had a chinchilla. :D

Shattered said:
Multiple tanks with certain fish in each tank. :) But.. False - I never had a chinchilla. :D

I dated a guy whose mother had a chinchilla hamster. That was the softest animal I have ever felt!

T/F... I am a blonde.

1 tank had a Betta.
1 tank had a Puffer that didn't know how to deflate, so was always stuck at the top of the tank (I named him Bubble).
1 tank with 6 neon tetra's (1 large, 5 small - named Twiggy, Steve, Steve, Steve, Steve, and Steve) <-- I was drunk.
1 tank with 3 Oscars named Grouch, Oscar, and Pigpen. (Messy fish that liked to overturn things in the tank).
1 tank with a Pleco, and 25 African Cichlids (only named the Electric Blue - named him Asshole because he slowly ate everything else, including the Pleco which was 6" larger than he was).

mom4 said:
I dated a guy whose mother had a chinchilla hamster. That was the softest animal I have ever felt!

T/F... I am a blonde.

True - compliments of a decent dye job? :D

T/F: The one thing I absolutely need in life, above all else, is music.

Forum List

Back