Reply with something about yourself the rest of the board may not know:

Kathianne said:
T Bet you were a tow-headed child.

T/F Within 6 months of any job I've had since I was 14, every evaluation has been glowing, with the exception of the phrase: "Additional advanced training recommended, ******** gets bored rather quickly." :laugh: (patience is not a strong suit either.)
true

T/F...I can form my tongue into the shape of a shamrock.

mom4 said:
true

T/F...I can form my tongue into the shape of a shamrock.

F I got fired from 2 jobs because I 'lost interest'. :teeth:
(the part of being bored though was true, every damn evaluation says that, I thought I hid it better.)

T/F I used to be quite liberal, in an extremist sense.

Kathianne said:
T please tell me it was NOT in a car!

It was! In Texas, back then anyway, you could get a license at 15 if you had family hardships (I lived 20 miles from town, my dad was disabled, I worked - so I guess we had hardship!). It was called, poetically enough, a "hardship license". I got my ticket two weeks before I turned 15 while driving home from work one summer. By the time I went to court, I had a license so the judge just charged me for driving without a license (no moving violation). If you worked on a farm or ranch and was driving a vehicle with "Farm Tags" there is no age limit for driving....

Kathianne said:
(the part of being bored though was true, every damn evaluation says that, I thought I hid it better.)

True!

freeandfun1 said:
T/F: I once drove for General Barry McCaffrey (former drug czar)?

False!

The shamrock thing is True! It's a recessive gene.

T/F... I once chased my sister around the house with a broom in imitation of Tom & Jerry.

freeandfun1 said:

right! I actually thought communism made sense, in high school. Lost it and became conservative in college, when all my friends turned lib!

T/F I think No Child Left Behind is a bad program.

Kathianne said:

True..
Then ya grew-up... :)

Kathianne said:
right! I actually thought communism made sense, in high school. Lost it and became conservative in college, when all my friends turned lib!

T/F I think No Child Left Behind is a bad program.

True. My sister is a teacher and says many teachers have problems with this.

Mr. P said:
True..
Then ya grew-up... :)

Yup, once I recognized the difference between theory and practice. I guess that has been a hinderence in getting along with my education profs. :) They respect me, but don't like me!

Kathianne said:
true. I'll bet he has stories to tell...

When stationed at Ft. Stewart, GA (home of the 24th ID at the time), after we returned from GWI, I drove for him for one month during the summer. It was quite interesting. I actually ended up driving his wife back and forth between Savannah and Ft. Stewart more than I did driving him around. There was a month long AAR (after action review) taking place and so he spent most of him time there during my turn to drive him. He is actually a very nice guy.

Another interesting fellow that I served with (in brigage HQ) was Colonel David Hunt. You see him on Fox all the time now. In the summer of 1988 I worked in the 3rd Brigade S2/S3 shop in Korea and he was in charge of counter-terrorism and security for our sector during the Summer Olympics. I actually got to work with him quite a bit. I was and E5 at the time and I acted as a driver and assistance to him and the brigage S3 during security planning with the 1st ROK Army division. It was quite an interesting time. About two years ago I saw him on Gretta's show and I emailed her and she responded to me letting me know she passed on my email to him. He replied back but we haven't kept in touch or anything. He is a celebrity now and I am just, well, a dude living in Vegas! :cheers2:

I thought it was cool of her to reply to me and pass on my email and equally cool of him to email me directly. He actually remembered me! (I guess it is kinda hard not to remember people you have showered with! :laugh: )

Forum List

Back