Rep. Peter King (R-N.Y.) Blames Garner For Dying During Chokehold

n-REP-PETER-KING-large300.jpg

Rep. Peter King (R-N.Y.) said on Wednesday that if Eric Garner had been healthier, he would not have died after a police officer placed him in a chokehold.
?

re: “Blue Privilege” Protects the Killer of Eric Garner

Thomas DiLorenzo

Eric Garner, father of six, was simply standing on a sidewalk selling individual cigarettes to pedestrians. The local merchants, who sell cigarettes by the pack and therefore must charge New York state’s exorbitant cigarette tax, complained to the authorities about this “unfair competition.” The government sent six heavily armed tax collection enforcers . . . er, I mean, police officers . . . to accost Mr. Garner. They took him down and murdered him by choking him to death. The coroner ruled the death a homicide. The “grand jury” does what grand juries always do — they let the cops off with no penalty at all. Death by tax collector would be more accurate.

Deprive the state of . . . what — three or four bucks of tax revenue — and they may send armed men to kill you.

I’m old enough to remember how conservatives used to criticize the totalitarian governments of the Soviet Union, Cuba, and China, among others, for executing people on the street for committing “economic crimes against the state.” Conservatives today are either silent about this or actually defend the murderous, out-of-control cops. Eric Garner was murdered in cold blood, in public, for allegedly committing the “economic crime against the state” of selling tax-free cigarettes.

8:12 pm on December 3, 2014 Email Thomas DiLorenzo

I wonder what the shop owners who reported him think about his death. I would be devastated, not having forseen such a thing. If they are decent people, they are not sleeping very well these days.

What is with the right that they excuse police brutality?
What is with the left that they excuse escalating a situation, and resisting arrest?

Police brutality, the excessive use of force, the wrongful use of deadly force,

those are not actions that become legal based on the behavior of the suspect.

Blaming the suspect for being brutalized by the police is like blaming a woman for being raped.

Kinda like Sharpton? A close official in Obama's administration.

What is a "close official"?
Very close to the president, that gives him advice. He is a racist, so is Obama. Does that help?

An official in an administration is someone who holds a position like secretary of state. Sharpton doesn't hold any position whatsoever therefore he is not an official of any sort.

Given how seldom Obama meets with Sharpton it is unlikely that he relies upon him for advice any more than he would rely on anyone else who is not part of his administration so you are just pulling that out of your nether regions.

As far as accusations of racism goes you will have to provide a credible :link: to support that.

Rep. Peter King (R-N.Y.) said on Wednesday that if Eric Garner had been healthier, he would not have died after a police officer placed him in a chokehold.
?

Thomas DiLorenzo

Eric Garner, father of six, was simply standing on a sidewalk selling individual cigarettes to pedestrians. The local merchants, who sell cigarettes by the pack and therefore must charge New York state’s exorbitant cigarette tax, complained to the authorities about this “unfair competition.” The government sent six heavily armed tax collection enforcers . . . er, I mean, police officers . . . to accost Mr. Garner. They took him down and murdered him by choking him to death. The coroner ruled the death a homicide. The “grand jury” does what grand juries always do — they let the cops off with no penalty at all. Death by tax collector would be more accurate.

Deprive the state of . . . what — three or four bucks of tax revenue — and they may send armed men to kill you.

I’m old enough to remember how conservatives used to criticize the totalitarian governments of the Soviet Union, Cuba, and China, among others, for executing people on the street for committing “economic crimes against the state.” Conservatives today are either silent about this or actually defend the murderous, out-of-control cops. Eric Garner was murdered in cold blood, in public, for allegedly committing the “economic crime against the state” of selling tax-free cigarettes.

I wonder what the shop owners who reported him think about his death. I would be devastated, not having forseen such a thing. If they are decent people, they are not sleeping very well these days.
They don't care, got to get those extra taxes. A liberal trait.

Very close to the president, that gives him advice. He is a racist, so is Obama. Does that help?

An official in an administration is someone who holds a position like secretary of state. Sharpton doesn't hold any position whatsoever therefore he is not an official of any sort.

Given how seldom Obama meets with Sharpton it is unlikely that he relies upon him for advice any more than he would rely on anyone else who is not part of his administration so you are just pulling that out of your nether regions.

As far as accusations of racism goes you will have to provide a credible :link: to support that.
In 2012 123 blacks killed by police. In 2012 326 whites killed by police. Which one is Obama worried about?

?

Thomas DiLorenzo

Selling cigarettes to minors I understand but as far as I can determine he purchased the packs legally and was selling them off as singles to minors. Therefore the state was collecting it's tax revenues. He was just violating the law by selling the illegally to minors.

?

Thomas DiLorenzo

Selling cigarettes to minors I understand but as far as I can determine he purchased the packs legally and was selling them off as singles to minors. Therefore the state was collecting it's tax revenues. He was just violating the law by selling the illegally to minors.
I heard he bought them in north carolina, they were arresting him cause it didn't have the new york tax stamp.

In 2012 123 blacks killed by police. In 2012 326 whites killed by police. Which one is Obama worried about?

Blacks are 13% of the population while non hispanic whites are 63%, If you cannot do the math then enroll in adult remedial education at your local community college.

?

Thomas DiLorenzo

I heard he bought them in north carolina, they were arresting him cause it didn't have the new york tax stamp.

:link:

Blacks are 13% of the population while non hispanic whites are 63%, If you cannot do the math then enroll in adult remedial education at your local community college.
Yet blacks commit more crimes, so what's your point?

?

Thomas DiLorenzo

I said I heard dumb ass.

"If he had not had asthma, and a heart condition and was so obese, almost definitely he would not have died from this," King told CNN's Wolf Blitzer during an interview.

Even though video captured Garner saying that he couldn't breathe as officer Daniel Pantaleo placed him in a chokehold and wrestled him to the ground, King said that "police had no reason to know that he was in serious condition."

More: Peter King Says Eric Garner Would Not Have Died From Chokehold Were He Not Obese

WOW! Just WOW! How would King feel if Garner had been an obese/unhealthy Jew?
He was talking he was breathing.

Anyone that has asthma will tell you differently.

I have asthma.

I don't diss cops or resist arrest though.

Asthma doesn't make you stupid, or cause you to become morbidly obese.
I do also.

?

Thomas DiLorenzo

What a stupid thing to say, but typical of the idiotic left. I would have reported him also.

Therefore what says means nothing, thanks for clearing that up.

Yet blacks commit more crimes, so what's your point?

FBI data does not include all of the crimes committed by whites since not all police departments report their crimes to the FBI nationally. In fact the figures you quoted are undercounted by about 100%!

http://www.wsj.com/articles/hundred...re-uncounted-in-federal-statistics-1417577504

WASHINGTON—When 24-year-old Albert Jermaine Payton wielded a knife in front of the police in this city’s southeast corner, officers opened fire and killed him.

Yet according to national statistics intended to track police killings, Mr. Payton’s death in August 2012 never happened. It is one of hundreds of homicides by law-enforcement agencies between 2007 and 2012 that aren’t included in records kept by the Federal Bureau of Investigation.

A Wall Street Journal analysis of the latest data from 105 of the country’s largest police agencies found more than 550 police killings during those years were missing from the national tally or, in a few dozen cases, not attributed to the agency involved. The result: It is nearly impossible to determine how many people are killed by the police each year.

The full national scope of the underreporting can’t be quantified. In the period analyzed by the Journal, 753 police entities reported about 2,400 killings by police. The large majority of the nation’s roughly 18,000 law-enforcement agencies didn’t report any.

The reality is that your racist allegation about blacks is not credible because the FBI data is incomplete.

?

Thomas DiLorenzo

What a stupid thing to say, but typical of the idiotic left. I would have reported him also.
I think you completely missed the point of my post. But, that is no surprise coming from a soulless idiot like yourself.

?

Thomas DiLorenzo

I said I heard dumb ass.

In other words you pulled that out of your nether region!

So you are saying ACLU only defend Black People?
Don't forget about the atheist, the majority of their work.

So you changed your first post
"I suggest you can count the number of conservatives or conservative causes the ACLU has defended without taking your shoes off to count them."

But did googling 'ACLU conservative causes' gave you unexpected result.... So you are now trying to say ACLU is an atheist....
Can you prove that a majority of the ALCU work is for Atheists?

But let me start
The ACLU Fights for Christians

ACLU of Colorado Supports Students Wearing Christian Symbols in the Colorado Springs School District

ACLU-NJ Defends Christian Student's Anti-Abortion Speech

ACLU of Tennessee Defends Christian Students' Right to Preach in Public Park

ACLU of Virginia Defends Christian Students' Right to Protest Against ACLU at Public School

ACLU Defends Christian Students Wearing Anti-Islam Shirts to Florida Public School

ACLU Fights For Christian Inmate's Right to Preach

ACLU of Northern California Fights Law that Got Quakers Fired Over Loyalty Oath

ACLU Defends Christian Librarian Disciplined for Refusing to Promote Harry Potter

ACLU Defends Right of Individual Christian to Display Nativity Scene on Public Property

ACLU Defends Christians Protesting Gay Rights in Florida

ACLU Champions Religious Freedom Of Mormon College Student

ACLU Fights for Christian Church's Mission to Feed the Poor

ACLU Fights for Christmas Tree

ACLU Files Suit to Protect Free Speech Rights of Christian Protesting Wal-Mart's Policy on Gays

ACLU of Georgia and Baptist Church File Religious Discrimination Lawsuit

ACLU of Rhode Island Files Appeal on Behalf of Christian Prisoner Barred from Preaching at Religious Services

ACLU of Michigan Defends Catholic Man Coerced to Convert to Pentecostal Faith in Drug Rehab Program

ACLU of New Jersey Joins Lawsuit Supporting Second-Grader's Right to Sing "Awesome God" at Talent Show

After ACLU Intervention on Behalf of Christian Valedictorian, Michigan High School Agrees to Stop Censoring Religious Yearbook Entries

ACLU Helps Free New Mexico Street Preacher From Prison

ACLU of WA Wins Right of Christian Minister to Preach in Spokane Plaza

ACLU Fights for Baptist Preacher in Illinois

ACLU Defends Rights of Christian Group to Make Religious Protest at Funerals

ACLU Backs Christian Abortion Protester in Ohio

ACLU of Oregon Defends Religious Liberty Of Adventist School Boys Basketball Players

ACLU Backs Missouri Nurse Penalized for Wearing Cross-Shaped Lapel Pin

ACLU Defends Christian Street Preacher in Las Vegas

ACLU Argues for Legal Recognition of Small Christian Church

ACLU of MA Defends Students Punished for Distributing Candy Canes with Religious Messages

ACLU of Nebraska Defends Church Facing Eviction by the City of Lincoln

ACLU Defends Church's Right to Run "Anti-Santa" Ads in Boston Subways

ACLU Defends Inmate's Access to Material from the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints

Following Threat of ACLU of Virginia Lawsuit, Officials to Agree Not to Ban Baptisms in Public Parks

ACLU Defends Families Fighting Removal Of Religious Symbols from Florida Cemetery

ACLU Supports Right of Iowa Students to Distribute Christian Literature at School

ACLU Argument In Support of the Display of a Christian Cross in a Public Forum

ACLU Defends Christian Worker Required to Remove Bible from Desk at Government Job

ACLU Defends Free Speech Rights of Christians And Others On Main Street Plaza

ACLU Defends Prisoner's Rosary Beads

ACLU Defends Christian Group's Anti-Abortion Ads On Phoenix Buses

ACLU Pledges to Back Church in a Zoning Battle

ACLU of PA Files Discrimination Lawsuit Over Denial of Zoning Permit for African American Baptist Church

ACLU Offers To Represent Private Prayer on Public Property and

ACLU Joins Falwell To Fight For Church Incorporation Rights
Okay I'll play your little game, now list all the aclu offers atheist representation.

You were the one who said they only offer atheist representation which I showed to be complete horsesh*t.

The reason you don't like the ACLU is because the represent the little guy and you like the big guy most of the time....

Look at you here, you are backing the NYPD over the little guy even after the NYPD broke its own policies and the little guy got killed. You can help yourself you will give up your civil liberties for perceived security.
Someone said you deserve neither.
I said atheist are a majority of their work, not all of it.

Can you prove that a majority of the ALCU work is for Atheists?

Cause I am calling bullshit...

Forum List

Back