Rep. Dennis Kucinich sues cafeteria over olive pit in sandwich

Modbert

Daydream Believer
Sep 2, 2008
Rep. Dennis Kucinich sues cafeteria over olive pit in sandwich | cleveland.com

WASHINGTON, D.C. - Rep. Dennis Kucinich has rapped a U.S. House of Representatives cafeteria with a $150,000 lawsuit for selling him a vegetarian sandwich wrap in 2008 that he says caused dental damage when he bit into an olive pit.

The lawsuit that the Cleveland Democrat filed Jan. 3 against operators and suppliers of the Longworth House Office Building cafeteria says the sandwich he bought there "on or about" April 17, 2008 "contained dangerous substances, namely an olive pit, that a consumer would not reasonably expect to find in the final product served."

Biting into it caused serious "permanent dental and oral injuries requiring multiple surgical and dental procedures," the legal documents say. They contend the congressman is entitled to damages for future dental and medical expenses and to compensate him for pain, suffering, and loss of enjoyment.

More information in the article after the jump. Unless I'm missing something, this is really stupid on Kucinich's part to ask for $150,000.

WASHINGTON, D.C. - Rep. Dennis Kucinich has rapped a U.S. House of Representatives cafeteria with a $150,000 lawsuit for selling him a vegetarian sandwich wrap in 2008 that he says caused dental damage when he bit into an olive pit.

The lawsuit that the Cleveland Democrat filed Jan. 3 against operators and suppliers of the Longworth House Office Building cafeteria says the sandwich he bought there "on or about" April 17, 2008 "contained dangerous substances, namely an olive pit, that a consumer would not reasonably expect to find in the final product served."

Biting into it caused serious "permanent dental and oral injuries requiring multiple surgical and dental procedures," the legal documents say. They contend the congressman is entitled to damages for future dental and medical expenses and to compensate him for pain, suffering, and loss of enjoyment.

More information in the article after the jump. Unless I'm missing something, this is really stupid on Kucinich's part to ask for $150,000.

a UFO put it there.

He has damn good insurance.

Frivilous lawsuits.

Every bottle of olives I have seen have a warning that they may contain pits.

a UFO put it there.

Bush did it Silly!!! It was reported he was seen leaving the cafeteria 15 minutes before the incident occurred with an opened jar of Spanish olives.

yeah, and guess who will end up footing the bill?

WTF?

Why wait nearly 3 years?

Dude is a fucking loon.

That was another thing that got me. Even if there was any damage, why wait three years?

I wonder if he has some convoluted political point that he's pulling out of his ass. He seems the type.

I mean, I've busted teeth on some random shit. My thought has never been to sue the manufacturer. Never even crossed my mind.

Let's see, toasted sub bread....can of coke....blow pop....

WTF?

Why wait nearly 3 years?

Dude is a fucking loon.

That was another thing that got me. Even if there was any damage, why wait three years?

I wonder if he has some convoluted political point that he's pulling out of his ass. He seems the type.

I mean, I've busted teeth on some random shit. My thought has never been to sue the manufacturer. Never even crossed my mind.

Let's see, toasted sub bread....can of coke....blow pop....
i broke a tooth on a synders pretzel bit
i wonder if i could get that much from it?
LOL

Forum List

Back