Rep. Dennis Kucinich sues cafeteria over olive pit in sandwich

Rep. Dennis Kucinich sues cafeteria over olive pit in sandwich | cleveland.com

WASHINGTON, D.C. - Rep. Dennis Kucinich has rapped a U.S. House of Representatives cafeteria with a $150,000 lawsuit for selling him a vegetarian sandwich wrap in 2008 that he says caused dental damage when he bit into an olive pit.

The lawsuit that the Cleveland Democrat filed Jan. 3 against operators and suppliers of the Longworth House Office Building cafeteria says the sandwich he bought there "on or about" April 17, 2008 "contained dangerous substances, namely an olive pit, that a consumer would not reasonably expect to find in the final product served."

Biting into it caused serious "permanent dental and oral injuries requiring multiple surgical and dental procedures," the legal documents say. They contend the congressman is entitled to damages for future dental and medical expenses and to compensate him for pain, suffering, and loss of enjoyment.

More information in the article after the jump. Unless I'm missing something, this is really stupid on Kucinich's part to ask for $150,000.

It took him three years to decide he was hurt? on or about April 17th??? if it caused that much damage surely he sought dental or medical help.

he's a true idiot/aka democrat.

That was another thing that got me. Even if there was any damage, why wait three years?

I wonder if he has some convoluted political point that he's pulling out of his ass. He seems the type.

I mean, I've busted teeth on some random shit. My thought has never been to sue the manufacturer. Never even crossed my mind.

Let's see, toasted sub bread....can of coke....blow pop....
i broke a tooth on a synders pretzel bit
i wonder if i could get that much from it?
LOL

You could retire!

Man, considering the number of times McDonalds has ruined my cheeseburgers, I wonder how much I could get. :eusa_think: :lol:

well, YOU might have a case then
but, i would think you would stop eating there

I must eat there twice a year to remind myself why I don't eat there.

It's a penance thing.
i havent been to a McD's in years
and the last time it was only for their breakfast

had my first burger king breakfast sandwich today. never again. totally tasteless. there's only one sausage mcmuffin with egg.

I must eat there twice a year to remind myself why I don't eat there.

It's a penance thing.
i havent been to a McD's in years
and the last time it was only for their breakfast

had my first burger king breakfast sandwich today. never again. totally tasteless. there's only one sausage mcmuffin with egg.
LOL
i used to get the sausage breakfast burrito
but i would stop at the local quick stop if i had the time
they made an awesome breakfast burrito

I can't remember the last time I had fast food for breakfast. Most likely a good thing though. :lol:

Forum List

Back