Renewable Energy = 90% Of New US Electricity Generation Capacity In January (Exclusive)

Then why are we not getting billion barrel resovoirs in the basement rock? The Gold Hypothesis is, at very best, a very minor source of hydrocarbons. Care to flaunt your ignorance further?

"resovoirs"? I own a piece of 6 wells in the Permian Basis, asswipe. All went dormant for a period of 11 years, but instead of pulling the rigs we waited and sure enough we're now back to early 80's production levels. That's all the evidence you need to know the abiotic nature of crude oil.

LOL. Maybe for you, but geologists posit a very differant source for that oil.

The oil companies are more than glad to contribute to the "peak oil" MYTH with you green yoyos. Keeps their price high and them laughing all the way to the bank. In February of 2017 we'll have a president who will go after all the crude we can get our hands on and your "geologists" will sing a different tune when their grants dry up.

Wind and Solar.

Words that go together nearly as well as:

Fools and their Money!

Solar got so big here in Phoenix that Arizona Public Service decided to up the rates on those using it....BIG STINK but they have shareholders to satisfy and only so much storage capacity. Wind turbines kill hundreds of hawks and eagles each year and the big solar farms actually incinerate birds flying over them. We have more oil than the rest of the world combined. We have more hydro opportunities than the rest of the world combined when river current and ocean tides are included....anything that can spin a wheel without storage batteries should be on the table.

Petroleum is an abiotic resource found far below where any plant of animal remains could exist and continuously refills what were thought to be exhausted wells. As to coal, it can hardly to called a "fossil fuel" because it is a basic foundation in the structure of the planet. Looks like you two queers are caught with your panties down again. :badgrin:

In which case why is there no oil or coal found on mountain tops?

Why is there no oil or coal that dates back 4.5 billion years?

If you had one less IQ point we would have to water you every week.

"on mountain tops"?
rofl.gif
Once again you gurgling turd:

depth-of-oil-wells-energy-and-capital.png

"on mountain tops"?
rofl.gif

If your fallacious claim of abiosis was true then oil should be found on mountain tops just as easily as it can be found in deep holes. And no, the depth of the hole is no indicator of the age of when it was formed.

The theory of abiosis has been thorougly debunked.

Abiotic oil - RationalWiki

No oil company has ever successfully found a well using the theory and it is generally considered pseudoscience on the order of global warming denialism.[3] It originated in the Soviet Union, its major scientific supporters worked in Russia, and it has never gained a following anywhere outside the Soviet Union. Having largely passed with the USSR, it occasionally makes a comeback among less intellectual conservative elements,[4] where it is used as an excuse to continue ignoring the energy crisis of the future.[5] Russian creationists also favour it.

However I am not in the least surprised to discover that someone who would steal the valor of the US Marine Corps would be dumb enough to believe a old communist lie too.

Renewable Energy = 90% Of New US Electricity Generation Capacity In January (Exclusive)
March 10th, 2015 by Zachary Shahan

Based on data from FERC and educated “other solar” (essentially rooftop solar) estimates from CleanTechnica, we’ve found that 90% of new electricity generation capacity added in the United States in January 2015 came from renewable energy sources. To be more precise, 90% came from solar and wind energy.

The largest source of new capacity came from wind energy (54.7%), rooftop solar was second (26.7%), natural gas was third (10.5%), and utility-scale solar PV brought the rest (8.1%).

Renewables did very well in January 2014 as well. Solar and wind accounted for 94%, while all renewables accounted for 99.9%.

For all of 2014, solar and wind energy accounted for 55% of new US electricity generation capacity, while all renewables together accounted for 57% of new US electricity generation capacity. Natural gas accounted for 42%, coal accounted for 0.6%, nuclear for 0.4%, and oil for 0.3%.

Of course, it’s great to see renewables accounting for the majority of electricity generation capacity growth. Comparing new capacity to cumulative installed capacity (essentially, every power plant in the US that can produce electricity), a couple of key points come out:

• Renewables are still a small portion of our electricity mix. (Wind = 5.6% and solar = 1.4%, together coming to 7%. All renewables combined = 17.2%.)
  • The trend is very clearly toward renewables.

Coals dead!!! Wind and solar makes up the majority of new energy.

Not sure what else you'd expect when dems have pretty much banned the building of any other kind of power plant.

Actually I was thinking it was more obvious than that.

Nuclear, Gas and Coal, all take years and years to build. Further, the smallest, least productive coal plant in Ohio currently, is 600 Mega Watts, with the next one buying one Giga Watt.

Alternatively, the Ohio Wyandot Solar Facility only required 7 months to build, and only produces 12 Mega Watts of power (and an estimated cost of $60 Million, no one knows for sure because the state government helped fund it, and both the state and the company refuse to release total figures).

Point being, it's a takes a fraction of the time to build one of these tiny plants, and generates a fraction of the power. So it takes 50 of these little green-plants to equal *ONE* coal plant, and they are being built all the time.

"on mountain tops"?
rofl.gif

If your fallacious claim of abiosis was true then oil should be found on mountain tops just as easily as it can be found in deep holes. And no, the depth of the hole is no indicator of the age of when it was formed.

No oil company has ever successfully found a well using the theory and it is generally considered pseudoscience on the order of global warming denialism.[3] It originated in the Soviet Union, its major scientific supporters worked in Russia, and it has never gained a following anywhere outside the Soviet Union. Having largely passed with the USSR, it occasionally makes a comeback among less intellectual conservative elements,[4] where it is used as an excuse to continue ignoring the energy crisis of the future.[5] Russian creationists also favour it.

However I am not in the least surprised to discover that someone who would steal the valor of the US Marine Corps would be dumb enough to believe a old communist lie too.

It's always amazing to me to watch people who claim to believe in science, engage in anti-scientific arguments.

Abiotic oil has not be "debunked". It was never proven. There's a difference. Science is the act of questioning and testing.
The fact that RationalWiki is your sole source for claiming it was debunked, while your source itself attacks people who dare to question, is the most un-scientific action a person can take.

A rational person considers all the theories, not just those that fit their orthodox dogma.

Galileo was killed because he dared to question the leaders of the conventional wisdom of the day. Here you are attacking people because they dare to question the conventional wisdom of today. Which side of science are you and your rationalwiki friends really on?

Here's the facts. Abiotic oil has not been proven, and tests thus far have come up false. However, biogenic origins has also not been proved. The evidence collected thus far to date, does indicate a biogenic origin.

It is entirely possible that at some point, it will be proven that oil has biogenic orgins, and that abiotic oil does not exist.

Of course, that involves actual science, not some dogmatic religious nuts, accusing anyone who dares question the origins of oil, a heretic in the name of "rationality".

From the evidence I have seen, there is a good chance that a small amount of oil is abiotic. However, the evidence also points to 99%+ being of biotic origin. Abiotic or biotic, the result of burning it in the atmosphere is the same, a warming atmosphere from the creation of
GHG's.

From the evidence I have seen, there is a good chance that a small amount of oil is abiotic. However, the evidence also points to 99%+ being of biotic origin. Abiotic or biotic, the result of burning it in the atmosphere is the same, a warming atmosphere from the creation of
GHG's.

Organic oil was last pumped in the 1950's on Jed Clampett's farm. :lol:

I am quite sure your world view is formed by silly TV shows. However, for those of us with some intellect, textbooks provide better explanations.

I am quite sure your world view is formed by silly TV shows. However, for those of us with some intellect, textbooks provide better explanations.

Right, and that was the exact argument used back in the Galileo days. All the orthodox text books said the world was flat. Today all the text books say that all oil is from biogenic sources.

Again, claiming that only *YOU* and your friend have intellect, simply because you believe the conventional wisdom, and attack everyone who questions it as hertics to the orthodoxy, just makes you part of the group that killed Galileo.

A person really interested in science would more rationally conclude there is as yet no evidence for the proclaimed hypothesis. That's a fair statement, and one that can be scientifically supported.

"I'm smart because I believe what the books say, and everyone else who questions it is dumb", that's religious arrogance and snobbery, NOT science. Just understand which side of science you have placed yourself on.

"on mountain tops"?
rofl.gif

It's always amazing to me to watch people who claim to believe in science, engage in anti-scientific arguments.

Abiotic oil has not be "debunked". It was never proven. There's a difference. Science is the act of questioning and testing.
The fact that RationalWiki is your sole source for claiming it was debunked, while your source itself attacks people who dare to question, is the most un-scientific action a person can take.

A rational person considers all the theories, not just those that fit their orthodox dogma.

Galileo was killed because he dared to question the leaders of the conventional wisdom of the day. Here you are attacking people because they dare to question the conventional wisdom of today. Which side of science are you and your rationalwiki friends really on?

Here's the facts. Abiotic oil has not been proven, and tests thus far have come up false. However, biogenic origins has also not been proved. The evidence collected thus far to date, does indicate a biogenic origin.

It is entirely possible that at some point, it will be proven that oil has biogenic orgins, and that abiotic oil does not exist.

Of course, that involves actual science, not some dogmatic religious nuts, accusing anyone who dares question the origins of oil, a heretic in the name of "rationality".

The onus is on those who make the claim about abiosis to prove that it is valid when called upon.

Furthermore I find it ironic that you admitted that abiosis was nothing more than baseless theory and then proceeded to attack me while decrying attacking people.

:rofl:

Right, and that was the exact argument used back in the Galileo days. All the orthodox text books said the world was flat. Today all the text books say that all oil is from biogenic sources.

Again, claiming that only *YOU* and your friend have intellect, simply because you believe the conventional wisdom, and attack everyone who questions it as hertics to the orthodoxy, just makes you part of the group that killed Galileo.

A person really interested in science would more rationally conclude there is as yet no evidence for the proclaimed hypothesis. That's a fair statement, and one that can be scientifically supported.

"I'm smart because I believe what the books say, and everyone else who questions it is dumb", that's religious arrogance and snobbery, NOT science. Just understand which side of science you have placed yourself on.

No one "killed Galileo".

Strike 1!

"A person really interested in science" would actually do their homework and would know that the theory has been around for almost 140 years without ever finding a single oil well or producing any actual oil even after a century of time and who knows how many billions spent on commercial oil exploration.

Strike 2!

"Just understand which side of science you have placed yourself on" is ironic given that you have just placed yourself on the crackpot side.

Strike 3!

No one "killed Galileo".

Strike 1!

"A person really interested in science" would actually do their homework and would know that the theory has been around for almost 140 years without ever finding a single oil well or producing any actual oil even after a century of time and who knows how many billions spent on commercial oil exploration.

Strike 2!

"Just understand which side of science you have placed yourself on" is ironic given that you have just placed yourself on the crackpot side.

Strike 3!

True. He was only held under house arrest until he died. But no one directly murdered the man.

Doesn't really change what I said.

True, the theory has existed for a long time, and money has been spent exploring the theory.

In your world, does the fact that it was tested, and was not proven true, mean that it was proven false?

For centuries people said flying couldn't be done. The equivalent of millions of dollars were spent to try and fly. Then some idiots from North Carolina, apparently missed the dogma in the text books, and built a plane. Heretics.

False. I have no idea if abiotic oil is real or not. We certainly haven't found any, at least not in anything verifiable yet.

See, I'm open to the idea there are things I don't know. *YOU* on the other hand, have closed off your mind, and adopting a religious dogma. You are the anti-science person here, not me. Science is the questioning and testing of the world around us. You have adopted the religious fanatic position of simply attacking anyone that questions anything.

"on mountain tops"?
rofl.gif

The onus is on those who make the claim about abiosis to prove that it is valid when called upon.

Furthermore I find it ironic that you admitted that abiosis was nothing more than baseless theory and then proceeded to attack me while decrying attacking people.

:rofl:

I'm not attacking anyone. I pointing out the reality of your posts. If the shoe fits, that's your problem, not mine.

The "everyone who questions my dogma is an idiot" is a religious and anti-science position. That's a fact, whether you admit it, or agree to it, or not. If that describes you personally, that is also your issue, not mine.

These mutts have to follow the leftist dogma that there's a finite supply of petroleum, that petroleum is bad, and that we can power our vehicles and electrical grid on sunshine and warm breezes. They live in a fantasy land.....they have no grasp of economics or geo-politics. Yet they believe they're elite and smarter than all of us, when in reality progs are some of the dumbest people in the history of Earth.

Forum List

Back