Reminder

You are quite right!

As time passes we tend to get blase about things. I think this should have been done when all this happened. :2guns: :2guns: :2guns:

yeah. I'm starting to notice the decline of nationalism that we one inhabited after 9/11. Have you noticed it to? People seem to have forgotten the whole event, and the feeling of vengence for the 3000 civilian lives. Now everyone is caught up with bullshit media about Bush and how 'he planned the whole thing to get re-elected'.

Semper Fi said:
yeah. I'm starting to notice the decline of nationalism that we one inhabited after 9/11. Have you noticed it to? People seem to have forgotten the whole event, and the feeling of vengence for the 3000 civilian lives. Now everyone is caught up with bullshit media about Bush and how 'he planned the whole thing to get re-elected'.

I don't think this country has ever been 'nationalistic', meaning that the citizenry feels 'superior' to other nations. Patriotic, yes. Love of country and proud of history and symbols, but NOT disrespectful of others. Nationalism was a root cause of WWI and is certainly prevelent throughout the Middle East and France.

Ok, I suppose I got nationalsim mixed up with patriotism and took it a bit far. But besides that, do you agree?

Semper Fi said:
Ok, I suppose I got nationalsim mixed up with patriotism and took it a bit far. But besides that, do you agree?

Yes, I wish that 'we' could see eye-to-eye on national defense, but it just is contrary to what has ever been in this country. Beginning with the Revolutionary War, there were Loyalists, as well as Patriots, with most being in the middle, until the Red Coats came. (sorry Britainusa and any other UK friends). I don't think there are any 80+ year olds here, I don't think any of us were even born, much less 'remember' WWII. We tend to think everyone was tending the Victory Garden at home, it wasn't the case. There was plenty of opposition, especially about the European theatre.

Most of the country is not all that politically aware, you certainly get a skewed view here. :p: Those that are political though, tend to be deeply so. The 'spin' for this cycle, especially on the Democratic side, began immediately after 9/11. Michael Moore immediately knew he had been handed a bonanza. Now the election is close and the masses are awakening to the cycle, it's going to be a nasty few months.

Yeah. I betcha W could do some damage by showing pictures of the mutilated and mutated Iraqi Kurds (harmed by WMDs, of all things!), and stating that that is what the war was about. Kerry's response may be harmful to some peoples' health, as some do have heart attacks from laughing un-controllably. :banana:

Forum List

Back