Remember Solyndra? Republicans screaming and ranting? Think "Whitefish".

Throwing money to your friends is blind to party affiliation. It is done by both sides.
Solyndra: Politics infused Obama energy programs
Linda Sterio remembers the excitement when President Obama arrived at Solyndra last year and described how his administrationā€™s financial support for the plant was helping create hundreds of jobs. The companyā€™s prospects appeared unlimited as Solyndra executives described the backlog of orders for its solar panels.

Then came the August morning when Sterio heard a newscaster announce that more than a thousand Solyndra employees were out of work. Only recently did she learn that, within the Obama administration, the companyā€™s potential collapse had long been discussed.

But if you are intent on putting Solyndra on Bush you probably donā€™t want to see this. Sorry sport, you canā€™t have it both ways.
ā€˜Scandalousā€™ Solyndra Program Actually Earned Taxpayers A $5 Billion Profit
The much-maligned government program that funded the failed solar tech company Solyndra is expected to make taxpayers a $5 to $6 billion return, Bloomberg Businessweek reported on Wednesday.

So you tell me, was Solyndra a Republican program that ended up turning a profit, or was it a Democratic one that was a complete disaster?
It was a Republican program that was going bankrupt until Democrats took it over and made it work.
Like the economy Bush handed Obama.

I should have guessed youā€™d say something as partisan (ignorant) as that. Typical mindless lib- ā€œrepublican bad, liberal goodā€. Now pull the chain monkey brain and get your cookie, your so well trained.
Except it's true. Truth is NOT partisan. It just "IS".
except with your history here,most look at you as being one of the most partisan posters here....your credibility was shot years ago.....

You are spot on. He has ZERO credibility. I didnā€™t see any links to support his (false) claim that the Dems saved the program. Itā€™s just what he has been trained to do, repeat the LWNJ story over and over. Facts and logic be damned.
dean will post a thread that might be worth discussing,then he ruins it when he starts in with his anti-republican monologue,which he does every time no matter what the topic is,after years of doing this his threads are looked at as just another anti right rant....and yet after all this time he just cant seem to understand why he gets treated like he does,its called an obsession....

It was a Republican program that was going bankrupt until Democrats took it over and made it work.

I should have guessed youā€™d say something as partisan (ignorant) as that. Typical mindless lib- ā€œrepublican bad, liberal goodā€. Now pull the chain monkey brain and get your cookie, your so well trained.
except with your history here,most look at you as being one of the most partisan posters here....your credibility was shot years ago.....

You are spot on. He has ZERO credibility. I didnā€™t see any links to support his (false) claim that the Dems saved the program. Itā€™s just what he has been trained to do, repeat the LWNJ story over and over. Facts and logic be damned.
dean will post a thread that might be worth discussing,then he ruins it when he starts in with his anti-republican monologue,which he does every time no matter what the topic is,after years of doing this his threads are looked at as just another anti right rant....and yet after all this time he just cant seem to understand why he gets treated like he does,its called an obsession....
Sorry, but when you look at so many of the problems facing the country, they originate with the GOP. I get tired of the press protecting them and their leaders lying.

In the warped world of Liberals, losing a half a billion in tax dollars through a GUARANTEED LOAN in an ALREADY FAILING STARTUP named Solyndra is equivalent to Whitefish Energy getting a contract under questionable circumstances. This is how the Left operates. Dismiss Democratic corruption and incompetence through false equivalency. "X is just as bad as Y, moving on".

Conservatives, being hilariously ignorant of anything related to economics, don't know how loans work. Banks make loans knowing some loans will fail. They make a profit based on the loans that don't fail.

That's how the government energy loan program worked. Overall, it made money for the government, even though the single loan to Solyndra failed.

So, according to the hilariously stupid conservatives here, an honest loan program that made money for the government is exactly the same as a corrupt no-bid contract handed out to political cronies.

As usual, the Democrats did nothing wrong. That's not debatable by any honest person. Republicans here are lying about the Democrats, for the purpose of providing cover for the corrupt and incompetent leaders of their party. Same old same old.

The Whitefish contract says the government isn't allowed to audit anything, ever. Conservatives, do you think that's proper?

The Whitefish contract says there are no penalties for late performance. Conservatives, do you think that's proper?

The Whitefish contract was awarded without bids, to a company with no actual assets or experience, to a political crony of the Trump-appointed Interior Secretary.

Conservatives, do you think that's proper?

Do you think people should be prosecuted for such open corruption?

Do something you've never done before, and try to give a straight answer without deflecting by making up stories about Democrats.

Sorry, but when you look at so many of the problems facing the country, they originate with the GOP. I get tired of the press protecting them and their leaders lying.

Amazing! Wow, some people are either shameless or completely stupid. In your case, perhaps both.

Amazing! Wow, some people are either shameless or completely stupid. In your case, perhaps both.
Tell that to those suffering in Puerto Rico.
Tell that to the tens of millions the GOP is working hard to take away their healthcare.
Tell that to the elderly who are afraid the GOP will leave them living out in the street.
Tell that to the young girl the GOP held hostage trying to force her to have an unwanted baby.
Tell that to GOP traitors protecting Trump over the country.
Yea, go ahead, tell us.

It seems these types of scandals always leads back to Republicans.
Solyndra actually started under George Bush and the GOP.

Did the program that funded the Solyndra loan start under George W. Bush? David Plouffe says so

Now we have the enormous Whitefish scandal.

Zinke: ā€˜I had absolutely nothing to do withā€™ Whitefish contract

Zinke has been ensnared in the ongoing controversy over how Whitefish landed a $300 million contract to repair Puerto Ricoā€™s electric grid after Hurricane Maria. The company had two employees and little experience in utility work before Maria, but still got the no-bid contract.

SCANDAL BLOWS UP: Leaked Document Shows Whitefish Contract Bars Government From Auditing Deal

And now, the Trump Administration hired a fracking company to build more of the Puerto Rican power grid at 200 million.

Puerto Rico just hired 2 contractors with little experience to fix its broken power grid

This is a four-month, $200 million contract with a subsidiary of Mammoth Energy, called Cobra Energy. Their job is to design and build a new electric grid for Puerto Rico.

---------------

Oh, this just keeps getting better and better.

the extraordinary ability of the GOP to fabricate false equivalencies is really quite a skill....

Throwing money to your friends is only the beginning for the GOP.

They want to add 2.4 fuking trillion to the deficit to give tax breaks to billionaires, fuk over old people and the disabled and worst of all, we have 6.2 million unfilled jobs. What new jobs do we need? Republicans aren't qualified for the ones available now.

Throwing money to your friends is blind to party affiliation. It is done by both sides.
Linda Sterio remembers the excitement when President Obama arrived at Solyndra last year and described how his administrationā€™s financial support for the plant was helping create hundreds of jobs. The companyā€™s prospects appeared unlimited as Solyndra executives described the backlog of orders for its solar panels.

Then came the August morning when Sterio heard a newscaster announce that more than a thousand Solyndra employees were out of work. Only recently did she learn that, within the Obama administration, the companyā€™s potential collapse had long been discussed.

But if you are intent on putting Solyndra on Bush you probably donā€™t want to see this. Sorry sport, you canā€™t have it both ways.
The much-maligned government program that funded the failed solar tech company Solyndra is expected to make taxpayers a $5 to $6 billion return, Bloomberg Businessweek reported on Wednesday.

So you tell me, was Solyndra a Republican program that ended up turning a profit, or was it a Democratic one that was a complete disaster?

Now you're just lying. Go figure. That's the thing with you progressives, you lie all the time.

It seems these types of scandals always leads back to Republicans.
Solyndra actually started under George Bush and the GOP.

Did the program that funded the Solyndra loan start under George W. Bush? David Plouffe says so

Now we have the enormous Whitefish scandal.

Zinke: ā€˜I had absolutely nothing to do withā€™ Whitefish contract

Zinke has been ensnared in the ongoing controversy over how Whitefish landed a $300 million contract to repair Puerto Ricoā€™s electric grid after Hurricane Maria. The company had two employees and little experience in utility work before Maria, but still got the no-bid contract.

SCANDAL BLOWS UP: Leaked Document Shows Whitefish Contract Bars Government From Auditing Deal

And now, the Trump Administration hired a fracking company to build more of the Puerto Rican power grid at 200 million.

Puerto Rico just hired 2 contractors with little experience to fix its broken power grid

This is a four-month, $200 million contract with a subsidiary of Mammoth Energy, called Cobra Energy. Their job is to design and build a new electric grid for Puerto Rico.

---------------

Oh, this just keeps getting better and better.

the extraordinary ability of the GOP to fabricate false equivalencies is really quite a skill....

Oh, they don't hold a candle to progressives there jillian. Not even close.

you should be sorry,because some of our problems have to do with democrats.....and i get tired of you acting like they can do no wrong.....

Tell that to the tens of millions the GOP is working hard to take away their healthcare.
Tell that to the elderly who are afraid the GOP will leave them living out in the street.
Tell that to the young girl the GOP held hostage trying to force her to have an unwanted baby.
Yea, go ahead, tell us.

Oh my gosh, youā€™re right. After reading that post I am left here sobbing for all those people that the evil right wants to make suffer. The wonderful democrats have a vision of providing a utopia for all mankind, and all the right does it try and spread more suffering around the globe. But then again, I tend to be sarcastic in the face of ignorance, so thereā€™s that.

Throwing money to your friends is only the beginning for the GOP.

They want to add 2.4 fuking trillion to the deficit to give tax breaks to billionaires, fuk over old people and the disabled and worst of all, we have 6.2 million unfilled jobs. What new jobs do we need? Republicans aren't qualified for the ones available now.

Now you're just lying. Go figure. That's the thing with you progressives, you lie all the time.
Lying?

It's public record.

Yea, go ahead, tell us.

Oh my gosh, youā€™re right. After reading that post I am left here sobbing for all those people that the evil right wants to make suffer. The wonderful democrats have a vision of providing a utopia for all mankind, and all the right does it try and spread more suffering around the globe. But then again, I tend to be sarcastic in the face of ignorance, so thereā€™s that.
I never heard of Democrats wanting to spread utopia.

But I do know that Republicans want to make this country Hell. Look at their policies.

Yea, go ahead, tell us.

But I do know that Republicans want to make this country Hell. Look at their policies.
try California...

Yea, go ahead, tell us.

try California...
I lived in California. Grew up in Sacrament, Antioch, Santa Cruz, Ygnacio Valley, Pleasant Hills, College Park and San Francisco.

Never heard of anyone trying to spread Utopia?

Where do you guys get this stuff from? Magical Creation? Where the GOP healthcare plan came from? Where?

At least no one is denying GOP policies are Hell.

It's a start.

Yea, go ahead, tell us.

try California...
I lived in California. Grew up in Sacrament, Antioch, Santa Cruz, Ygnacio Valley, Pleasant Hills, College Park and San Francisco.

Never heard of anyone trying to spread Utopia?

Where do you guys get this stuff from? Magical Creation? Where the GOP healthcare plan came from? Where?
when did you live there,how long ago?....what im talking about started in the 80;s....

Forum List

Back