Remember 2010 SOTU Address? We've Turned A Corner!, The Worst Is Over ! Huh ?

Oct 10, 2011
Naples

:clap2::clap2:
Who doesn't remember the Obama 2010 State Of The Union Address? Obama proclaiming that the worst was over, 2009 was a rough year and all the signs are pointing to an economic recovery. ??? Hmm, according to who? Joe Biden ?
:cuckoo::eek::(
In 2011 things slowly began recovering, then we had a Japanese earthquake, and a few more trillion printed up and circulated, and Obama blamed the earthquake for the economic slow down {among other things}
And once again in the 2012 State Of The Union,,,,WE ARE IN AN ECONOMIC RECOVERY !!!
Really? Got any Statistics to Prove it? Gas is still $3.50 a gallon !!!!

:clap2::clap2:
Who doesn't remember the Obama 2010 State Of The Union Address? Obama proclaiming that the worst was over, 2009 was a rough year and all the signs are pointing to an economic recovery. ??? Hmm, according to who? Joe Biden ?
:cuckoo::eek::(
In 2011 things slowly began recovering, then we had a Japanese earthquake, and a few more trillion printed up and circulated, and Obama blamed the earthquake for the economic slow down {among other things}
And once again in the 2012 State Of The Union,,,,WE ARE IN AN ECONOMIC RECOVERY !!!
Really? Got any Statistics to Prove it? Gas is still $3.50 a gallon !!!!

The Summer of Recovery, Part III: Green Shoots!!

• Banned
in 2009 most unemployed americans we're in fear that they would never find work again until we had a President Romney.

• Banned
I wish Governor McDonnell would at least contemplate being VP for either candiate, then Obama will crap his pants a lot more often!

Didn't we add a million and a half jobs since last year?

• Banned
>>> Still waiting to see those Help Wanted signs posted on front doors of small businesses,,like we did in the 80's ! I remember when the classifieds were 20 to 40 pages thick, when Bozo took office, the help wanted section was ONE PAGE !!

Last edited:
Jobs replacing jobs that were lost in the first two years dont count! the real unemployment is in the teens! Banks are still hesitant to loan, and if the worst is over, how come I am not recieving my visa offers in the mail like I did When Bush was president ???

Jobs replacing jobs that were lost in the first two years dont count!

Whatever does that mean?

the real unemployment is in the teens!

By what measure?

if the worst is over, how come I am not recieving my visa offers in the mail like I did When Bush was president ???

Because that was during a credit bubble. perhaps you've heard of it.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YsDmPEeurfA]President Bush Addresses Nation on Economic Crisis - YouTube[/ame]

Last edited:
In the first half of 2009 the economy was still in the process of bottoming out in the wake of the market crash.

GDP has grown every quarter since the 2010 SOTU and the private sector has added jobs nearly every month since then.

He was right in 2010, the worst was over.

if the worst is over then why are so many condo's here in Naples still in the 50 Thousand range when they were 250,000 when Bush was President?

if the worst is over then why are so many condo's here in Naples still in the 50 Thousand range when they were 250,000 when Bush was President?

:lol:

I know you are just throwing shit at the wall and hoping it sticks after that fail of an OP of yours but there was this thing called the housing bubble that had a lot to do with the economy tanking. You might have heard of it. Comparing Bush level housing prices to today's as your evidence that the worse isn't over is laughable.

The worst IS over.

We were losing 700k jobs a month in early 2009 and GDP was shrinking by about 5% a quarter.

The economy is now adding jobs every month and GDP has grown for 9 straight quarters.

:lol:

I know you are just throwing shit at the wall and hoping it sticks after that fail of an OP of yours but there was this thing called the housing bubble that had a lot to do with the economy tanking. You might have heard of it. Comparing Bush level housing prices to today's as your evidence that the worse isn't over is laughable.

The worst IS over.

We were losing 700k jobs a month in early 2009 and GDP was shrinking by about 5% a quarter.

The economy is now adding jobs every month and GDP has grown for 9 straight quarters.

With all due respect, Article...saying the worst is over now is like the Captain of a submarine that's plunged two thousand feet to the bottom of the ocean getting the boat a few feet off the ocean floor and telling the crew that the worst is over. We're still way underwater and our rate of ascent is glacially slow.

We turned the corner as soon as Bush left office..

depression averted
Recession ended
Positive employment figures
stock market almost doubled
Financial sector saved
Auto industry saved

Forum List

Back