Religious scholar Reza Aslan destroys ‘charlatan’ Joel Osteen: Jesus hated wealth

God is not poor. I don't agree with much of what Osteen has to say, but, this Raza guy is just a hazelnutjob, :D who has no clue what the Bible says, or about true Christians.

Funny you brought this up. My wife wanted to quit her job, and yesterday she did. I was worried about things for a few hours, a few prayers later, and I sell a 300 dollar comic, and then a 1000 dollar comic. That is more than she would have made in a month. No need to worry anymore, my God is not broke. :lol:

How much did your god profit you this week hazelnutjob?

1233796371590.gif

By your response, I would guess your god didn't profit you this last week, either. To bad about that. Maybe if you watch more tv and play on the internet more, your god can give you a dollar or 2...:rofl:

I get my $$$ working for a living. Maybe you should try that. LOL!

Brilliant MORON...
REZA ASLAN EATS HUMAN BRAINS!
But it’s unlikely to help.
March 9, 2017

Robert Spencer
aslan.jpg

And that’s why the outrage is so shrill and pained against Aslan for this episode of “Believer”: it is dreadfully off-message, and not just off-message, but against the message. Or at least that’s how the establishment Left sees it. The Huffington Post published a piece declaring: “It is unbelievably callous and reckless of CNN to be pushing sensational and grotesque images of bearded brown men and their morbid and deathly religion at a time when the United States is living through a period of unprecedented concern and fear.”

This is so ridiculous it is staggering, but it makes sense once one enters the mindset of the Left. For the likes of the Huffington Post (and Reza Aslan, and CNN), President Trump and those who support his immigration ban are motivated solely by a racist hatred for “bearded brown men” and a provincial distaste for their “morbid and deathly religion.” Genuine concern to prevent acts of jihad terror in the United States? Pshaw! It’s a religion of peace! In the mind of the Huffington Post, Americans are redneck yahoos who don’t know or care about the differences between Hinduism and Islam, and since they deny that Islam has a political, expansionist, violent, supremacist component, they don’t believe anyone could be concerned about that. Aslan’s show is just going to make these idiot racists hate brown people even more, doncha know.

The bright spot in all this appalling idiocy is that the establishment media adulation of Reza Aslan, as charming a cannibal as he is, may be coming to an end. Meanwhile, as Campus Watch points out, the “grief” Aslan is receiving for his cannibalism is a fine example of…the Left eating its own.

Reza Aslan Eats Human Brains!

This guy is brilliant:

Religious scholar Reza Aslan destroys ‘charlatan’ Joel Osteen: Jesus hated wealth

I love this quote -

“I love all fictional presentations of Jesus. I think they are fantastic, whether it is the Last Temptation of Christ or The Passion — both of which are fiction. But — sorry about that, did I break that to you? — but again for me what is fascinating about those is it is just a representation of what I have been talking about all along, which is the incredible malleability of the Christ story, the way that it can become whatever you want it to become.”

The same can be said for OT stories as well - Christian bend and mold them mean what they want them to mean…

“The fastest growing Protestant movement in North America is this movement that is referred to as the prosperity gospel,” he said. “This is the gospel preached by people like Joel Osteen and T.D. Jakes — and when I say people, I mean charlatans. The argument of the prosperity gospel, if I can put it flippantly, is that Jesus wants you to drive a Bentley. That is basically what the argument is. That what Jesus wants for you is material prosperity, and that if you literally give, you will literally be given tenfold. That’s not a metaphor, as it is in most churches. It is literal. You give me $10 and Jesus will give you $100.”

“This is as profoundly an unscriptural interpretation of Jesus that exists,” Aslan remarked. “I mean, if there is one thing that is just so clear cut and just not open to interpretation at all of any kind when it comes to Jesus’s message, it is his condemnation of wealth.”

“And yet, not only does this version of Christianity exist, as I say, it is honestly the fastest growing version of Protestant evangelical Christianity in North America. That’s because Jesus can be whatever you want him to be, and the Christian message can be whatever you want it to be.”

Evangelicals hate that notion that Christianity can be whatever you want it to be -- they think they have one and only correct version of the Bible and its meaning…. They forget they are sub-sects of sub-sects… a rebirth of a sub-sect. Not very original.

The Christian Church Timeline:

Roman Catholic / Eastern Orthodox - the first two and original Christian Churches.

Then….

Protestant.
Lutheran.

Then…. much later.

America Puritans, Quakers, Baptists….

1730's (1700 years later) Evangelical term is coined.

Then…. Mormons (the only true American religion)

lol Osteen is not a 'Prosperity Gospel' evangelist, he's a Word of Faith type, for one, and he doesn't tell his audience anything like 'send me $1 and God will give $100' sort of stuff. this idiot who claims to have 'destroyed' Osteen is just another moron with high self-esteem who doesn't have a clue what he's talking about.

Reza is just the pot calling the kettle black here, making a nice living peddling false nonsense to those who want to hear it.

Ironic, isn't it. lol

Last edited:
Money is neither good nor evil, only the love of it. But money can be used for much good.

When you read the NEw Testament's commandments you find that it would be impossible to be beggars living out of dumpsters and fulfilling all the social needs of the Christian community, like caring for the orphans and widows, seeing to the welfare of all, etc., etc. But we will always have idiots who think that's what the New Testament says.

This guy is brilliant:

I love this quote -

“I love all fictional presentations of Jesus. I think they are fantastic, whether it is the Last Temptation of Christ or The Passion — both of which are fiction. But — sorry about that, did I break that to you? — but again for me what is fascinating about those is it is just a representation of what I have been talking about all along, which is the incredible malleability of the Christ story, the way that it can become whatever you want it to become.”

The same can be said for OT stories as well - Christian bend and mold them mean what they want them to mean…

“The fastest growing Protestant movement in North America is this movement that is referred to as the prosperity gospel,” he said. “This is the gospel preached by people like Joel Osteen and T.D. Jakes — and when I say people, I mean charlatans. The argument of the prosperity gospel, if I can put it flippantly, is that Jesus wants you to drive a Bentley. That is basically what the argument is. That what Jesus wants for you is material prosperity, and that if you literally give, you will literally be given tenfold. That’s not a metaphor, as it is in most churches. It is literal. You give me $10 and Jesus will give you $100.”

“This is as profoundly an unscriptural interpretation of Jesus that exists,” Aslan remarked. “I mean, if there is one thing that is just so clear cut and just not open to interpretation at all of any kind when it comes to Jesus’s message, it is his condemnation of wealth.”

“And yet, not only does this version of Christianity exist, as I say, it is honestly the fastest growing version of Protestant evangelical Christianity in North America. That’s because Jesus can be whatever you want him to be, and the Christian message can be whatever you want it to be.”

Evangelicals hate that notion that Christianity can be whatever you want it to be -- they think they have one and only correct version of the Bible and its meaning…. They forget they are sub-sects of sub-sects… a rebirth of a sub-sect. Not very original.

Roman Catholic / Eastern Orthodox - the first two and original Christian Churches.

Then….

Protestant.
Lutheran.

Then…. much later.

lol Osteen is not a 'Prosperity Gospel' evangelist, he's a Word of Faith type, for one, and he doesn't tell his audience anything like 'send me $1 and God will give $100' sort of stuff. this idiot who claims to have 'destroyed' Osteen is just another moron with high self-esteem who doesn't have a clue what he's talking about.

Reza is just the pot calling the kettle black here, making a nice living peddling false nonsense to those who want to hear it.

Ironic, isn't it. lol

Mr Osteen teaches lies- not a single mortal who says the 3 lines of prayer Mr Osteen tells them--you are born again= pure lie--an ear tickler seeking the tithe.
The only way one is born again=Ephesians 4:22-24

Mr Osteen teaches lies- not a single mortal who says the 3 lines of prayer Mr Osteen tells them--you are born again= pure lie--an ear tickler seeking the tithe.

Ah, moire bullshit. Since he doesn't take a salary any more from the church, he hasn't since 2005, when his first best sellers made milions, and he paid off some pretty substantial church bonds out of his own pocket, helped finance other ministries, and also finances his speaking tours out of his own pocket, how in your tiny little mind is he going to cash in? Is like the old Aggie joke about the Aggie loan shark who loaned out a million dollars and skipped town?

You know squat about Osteen, and it's you who are lying.

With the actual crooks out there, you would think these tards would be able to find a real one with ease, instead of jumping on one who is transparent and honest in his beliefs. Instead we have example 43, 595, 287 of the ongoing hit series of Butt Stupid Xian Haters R Us: The Asshat Chronicles.

lollerz.

Reza Aslan is a propagandist pushing a phony version of Islam on naive Westerners. Everything that comes out of his mouth is garbage.

Ah, moire bullshit. Since he doesn't take a salary any more from the church, he hasn't since 2005, when his first best sellers made milions, and he paid off some pretty substantial church bonds out of his own pocket, helped finance other ministries, and also finances his speaking tours out of his own pocket, how in your tiny little mind is he going to cash in? Is like the old Aggie joke about the Aggie loan shark who loaned out a million dollars and skipped town?

You know squat about Osteen, and it's you who are lying.

With the actual crooks out there, you would think these tards would be able to find a real one with ease, instead of jumping on one who is transparent and honest in his beliefs. Instead we have example 43, 595, 287 of the ongoing hit series of Butt Stupid Xian Haters R Us: The Asshat Chronicles.

lollerz.

He is worth over 70 million 2 years ago.
I was speaking about the lies he tickles ears with I didn't even mention $ in my other post. So why do you twist what I stated?????????????? Can you read ENGLISH??????

According to who, Reza? His last book deal got him $12 million up front from Time-Warner, I think, it can be googled up. Throw in royalties over that amount. He's had 20 best sellers before that, so you're just out of luck trying to peddle the silly crap about him getting money out of his church membership. Find us any sermon where he tells his audience to send him a dime. Should be easy to do, eh?

I was speaking about the lies he tickles ears with I didn't even mention $ in my other post. So why do you twist what I stated?????????????? Can you read ENGLISH??????

lol you think your clumsy innuendo was clever; it wasn't and we can read for ourselves you're just a liar.

Just admit you're trying to feed a dishonest smear campaign.

According to who, Reza? His last book deal got him $12 million up front from Time-Warner, I think, it can be googled up. Throw in royalties over that amount. He's had 20 best sellers before that, so you're just out of luck trying to peddle the silly crap about him getting money out of his church membership. Find us any sermon where he tells his audience to send him a dime. Should be easy to do, eh?

lol you think your clumsy innuendo was clever; it wasn't and we can read for ourselves you're just a liar.

I know 100% for sure--not a single mortal on earth is born again by saying 3 lines of prayer--Eph 4:22-24-- so does every teacher that teaches that lie.

I know 100% for sure--not a single mortal on earth is born again by saying 3 lines of prayer--Eph 4:22-24-- so does every teacher that teaches that lie.
Nobody takes what liars say seriously no matter how many times they change the subject.And, the Word Of Faith types do believe that, and a lot more words in the bible; that's why they're called Word Of Faith types. Duh.

This guy is brilliant:

I love this quote -

Then….

Protestant.
Lutheran.

Then…. much later.

C65D3u-V4AA6jb4.jpg:large

Nobody takes what liars say seriously no matter how many times they change the subject.And, the Word Of Faith types do believe that, and a lot more words in the bible; that's why they're called Word Of Faith types. Duh.

You have no answer to truth-HUH?
Your post is very full of error by false reasoning--- Every Trinitarian on earth, believe the lies. Even over what Jesus taught.

God is not poor. I don't agree with much of what Osteen has to say, but, this Raza guy is just a hazelnutjob, :D who has no clue what the Bible says, or about true Christians.

Funny you brought this up. My wife wanted to quit her job, and yesterday she did. I was worried about things for a few hours, a few prayers later, and I sell a 300 dollar comic, and then a 1000 dollar comic. That is more than she would have made in a month. No need to worry anymore, my God is not broke. :lol:

How much did your god profit you this week hazelnutjob?

Start tithing. You'll be amazed. Talk about fields you didn't plant and houses you didn't build! It works beyond your wildest dreams.

Your post is very full of error by false reasoning--- Every Trinitarian on earth, believe the lies. Even over what Jesus taught.

Nobody is doubting you have an endless supply of stupid deflections and replies.

Nobody is doubting you have an endless supply of stupid deflections and replies.

I share---FACT.

I share---FACT.

When? In some other thread?

This guy is brilliant:

I love this quote -

Then….

Protestant.
Lutheran.

Then…. much later.

Ironic, isn't it. lol

Ironic is that Osteen gets tithes but christians seem to believe that's different from the 'send a dollar' nonsense.

Either way, its a racket that exists to enrich a very few.

As to the OP, I thought it was Jesus who 'cast out the money changers' or some such.

hazlnut LOVE LOVE LOVE your sig pic. Funny AND accurate.

Ironic is that Osteen gets tithes but christians seem to believe that's different from the 'send a dollar' nonsense.

What are you babbling about? Osteen doesn't see a dime from tithes, hasn't since his first books sold millions. Like Billy Graham and many of the others did when their books sold well, hasn't taken a dime from the church since 2005, and not only that he personally paid off millions in bonds of the church's debts. He pays for most of his speaking tours himself as well. You're just ignorant and whining.

Either way, its a racket that exists to enrich a very few.

Very few indeed; google up all the annual church salary reports and find out just how 'enriching' being a minister at the vast majority of churches is; they would be better off working at Wal-Mart.

As to the OP, I thought it was Jesus who 'cast out the money changers' or some such.

So, whenever Osteen or any of the rest start changing money, let us know, K?

Even Benny Hinn can't be accused of anything crooked, and he is a 'prosperity gospel' type; he takes a straight salary every year for his ministry, the ministry gets all the royalties from sales of his books and cd's, he gets nothing from that end, and his highest year was around $3 million total, in a ministry that brings in over $140 million a year.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back