Question regarding American ebola victims

Ravi

Diamond Member
Feb 27, 2008
Hating Hatters
I'm not especially worried that ebola is going to break out massively or even at all in the US but I am curious as to why the USA would spend so much time and effort to help missionaries that deliberately put themselves in a position that could result in their deaths....I can't think of any other example of the US intervening with medical treatment in this way.

Watching today's coverage about it I"m beginning to wonder if these two religious missionary-doctors maybe infected themselves deliberately to force US hand on letting this experimental vaccine out.

Gotta figure watching people they know nd care about die horribly and feeling powerless it occured to them if Americans had this, maybe the government would allow experimental treatments to be tried. And being so religious as they are, the willingness to become martyrs has to be acknowledged.

I get that you guys hate Christians but this is really taking it up to eleven.

With the high death rate associated with Ebola it can not have escaped the Governments attention that a weaponized form of the Ebola virus could be deadly. Perhaps they see this as a chance to perfect a way to prevent that from being true.

With the high death rate associated with Ebola it can not have escaped the Governments attention that a weaponized form of the Ebola virus could be deadly. Perhaps they see this as a chance to perfect a way to prevent that from being true.
I'm shocked that you would even KNOW of weaponized diseases. :eek:

But of course, you will probably ALWAYS believe the US would NEVER do such a thing themselves.

Or maybe as a chance to use the serum to see if it works....but they could have sent the serum over there.

why wouldn't we be concerned with any citizens who go over to help other people? Shouldn't we be encouraging that behavior?

Could this have something to do with the Obama FEMA camps? LOL!

We released 5 Taliban terrorists to help out a nut case who walked off his post in Afghanistan. Why not these people ?

We released 5 Taliban terrorists to help out a nut case who walked off his post in Afghanistan. Why not these people ?
Military vs. civilians I would assume.

But why these people and not other Americans that go overseas and run into trouble?

Weaponizing a non-airborne disease wouldn't be as effective as one that's naturally airborne so I tend to dismiss this as a possibility. Be better off weaponizing some form of flu.

They are Americas... we SHOULD be helping them and gettign them the best medical care possible.... and right now, that is in the US.

Yes, they knew the dangers of being over there, but that doesnt make them any less American... and our "responsiility".

If it was your family member, would you just say "aw, leave them over there, they knew what they were getting into".... or... "Bring them home and get them the medical attention they need... and God forbid something happens, they would die with family"

I'm not especially worried that ebola is going to break out massively or even at all in the US but I am curious as to why the USA would spend so much time and effort to help missionaries that deliberately put themselves in a position that could result in their deaths....I can't think of any other example of the US intervening with medical treatment in this way.

The missionaries acted because of the love of Christ for one another.
They saw a need and a compassionate heart overrode the risk involved.
Heart trumps head.

The Gov. acted because we are America. :eusa_angel:

Last edited:
They are Americas... we SHOULD be helping them and gettign them the best medical care possible.... and right now, that is in the US.

Yes, they knew the dangers of being over there, but that doesnt make them any less American... and our "responsiility".

If it was your family member, would you just say "aw, leave them over there, they knew what they were getting into".... or... "Bring them home and get them the medical attention they need... and God forbid something happens, they would die with family"

So you don't object to providing all Americans with the best medical care possible.

:thup:

So you don't object to providing all Americans with the best medical care possible.

:thup:

No, I do not.

Forum List

Back