Religion To Disappear By 2041

Any way one slices it, religion has been a huge benefit to the world as a whole. It has caused the construction of schools and hospitals, orphanages, etc. Religion brought civilization to millions of backwards peoples. Without religious organizations I don't know how we all would have made it. Even now, whenever there is a disaster that strikes, it is most often the churches that respond even quicker than does any government agency. Churches feed the poor and house the homeless, they run half-way houses for drug addicts and alcoholics as well as shelters for pregnant and battered women. Even here where I reside, the two largest churches operate the Baptist Hospital which is the area's largest employer and the Catholic Church operates Sacred Heart Hospital.

Author and noted biopsychologist Nigel Barber has completed a new study that shows Atheism is most prevalent in developed countries, and, according to his projections, religion will completely disappear by 2041. His findings are discussed in his new book “Why Atheism Will Replace Religion.” A new study that clarifies his earlier research will be published in August. His findings focus on studying trends within countries around the world and the fact that “Atheists are heavily concentrated in economically developed countries”-

In my new study of 137 countries (1), I also found that atheism increases for countries with a well-developed welfare state (as indexed by high taxation rates). Moreover, countries with a more equal distribution of income had more atheists. My study improved on earlier research by taking account of whether a country is mostly Moslem (where atheism is criminalized) or formerly Communist (where religion was suppressed) and accounted for three-quarters of country differences in atheism.

His main thesis stems from the phenomenon of religion declining as personal wealth increases. He cites the reason as people having less of a need for supernatural beliefs when the tangible, natural world is providing for their needs. He says the majority of the world will come to view religion as completely irrelevant by 2041.

The dude is a fool at best.

Reminds me of Jehovah's Witnesses and all their predictions of Jesus returning.

The newest church must be the biggest lie. Where are those golden plates? What did Joseph Smith do with them?

I have grave doubts about Joseph Smith, especially since he seems to have been a bit of a con artist. Still, take a good look at the name of the Church: The Church of Jesus Christ and the Latter Day Saints. I have no doubts about Jesus Christ, or that this Church also follows the Bible. Most of the fruits I see from my Mormon friends and acquaintance (and students) are good fruit. We may disagree about Joseph Smith, but we do not disagree about Christ.

I pray for those who have passed away. Mormons take this one step further and baptize into the LDS faith those who have passed away. I abhor this practice. One year after her death, they baptized my life-long Catholic grandmother into the Mormon faith. I think this is the most insulting thing someone can do to someone who cannot speak for herself. Mormon's say the dead can refuse the baptism in the afterlife, and that seems even worse--to regard baptism (which many believe to be a holy rite) as a throwaway. That's not how we should treat that which is holy.

As you see, I have one very vehement disagreement with a fellow Christian denomination. But that does not blind me to their love of Christ and the good that they do. While I detest and am greatly angered by their baptism of the dead into the Mormon faith (especially of the dead who lived a lifetime in another faith) , I can at least appreciate their concern for those who have passed on.

A Bit Of A Con Artist?

Joseph Smith had already been convicted in a con scheme before he came up with the big lie.

Bottom Line......all religion is just that, a bunch of made up horse shit to get into people's money. You ever hear "Folloh De Dollah?"

Any way one slices it, religion has been a huge benefit to the world as a whole. It has caused the construction of schools and hospitals, orphanages, etc. Religion brought civilization to millions of backwards peoples. Without religious organizations I don't know how we all would have made it. Even now, whenever there is a disaster that strikes, it is most often the churches that respond even quicker than does any government agency. Churches feed the poor and house the homeless, they run half-way houses for drug addicts and alcoholics as well as shelters for pregnant and battered women. Even here where I reside, the two largest churches operate the Baptist Hospital which is the area's largest employer and the Catholic Church operates Sacred Heart Hospital.

Benefit?? Ask the survivors of a dozen earth shaking wars if it was worth it. You can do it.....just call on your ancient ghost he'll tell you about it!!

Benefit?? Ask the survivors of a dozen earth shaking wars if it was worth it. You can do it.....just call on your ancient ghost he'll tell you about it!!

Of course everyone benefitted from it all. To deny that fact is totally stupid.

Is Religion REALLY the Number One Cause of War?

Last edited:
Religion will disappear? I don't think so.

ShowImage.ashx

Billions of Muslims, Christians, Buddhists, etc and it's going to disappear in 25 years? LMAO You people have issues and believe anything some loon tells you

I wonder what will ultimately happen to the $600 billion worth of churches, temples etc. which never pay a penny of tax to the U S government. Why should any of my money go to support something which I literally despise?

Your tax dollars do not fund churched nor do you subsidize them. Your believed benevolent "gubermint" takes in 13 plus TRILLION dollars in offshore investments and Wall Street...they don't need your money either...but the owners of the Federal Reserve definitely want it so they get it. You really don't have a clue about much....especially if you think FDR was actually worth a shit. FDR sold us out with the Chapter 11 Bankruptcy of 1933......yep, he was a real POS.

Author and noted biopsychologist Nigel Barber has completed a new study that shows Atheism is most prevalent in developed countries, and, according to his projections, religion will completely disappear by 2041. His findings are discussed in his new book “Why Atheism Will Replace Religion.” A new study that clarifies his earlier research will be published in August. His findings focus on studying trends within countries around the world and the fact that “Atheists are heavily concentrated in economically developed countries”-

In my new study of 137 countries (1), I also found that atheism increases for countries with a well-developed welfare state (as indexed by high taxation rates). Moreover, countries with a more equal distribution of income had more atheists. My study improved on earlier research by taking account of whether a country is mostly Moslem (where atheism is criminalized) or formerly Communist (where religion was suppressed) and accounted for three-quarters of country differences in atheism.

His main thesis stems from the phenomenon of religion declining as personal wealth increases. He cites the reason as people having less of a need for supernatural beliefs when the tangible, natural world is providing for their needs. He says the majority of the world will come to view religion as completely irrelevant by 2041.

I'm wondering if worship of the almighty state was included.

I'm wondering if worship of the almighty state was included.

Or how about the cult of Global Warming?

A Bit Of A Con Artist?

Joseph Smith had already been convicted in a con scheme before he came up with the big lie.

Bottom Line......all religion is just that, a bunch of made up horse shit to get into people's money. You ever hear "Folloh De Dollah?"

One of the best explanations I have heard offered for the Knowledge of Good and Evil is that it is the knowledge of how to use good for evil purposes. What everyone should keep in mind is that we also have the knowledge of how to use good for good purposes. My life has been blessed by the latter--those using good for the purpose of good. I am so sorry to hear of your experiences with the former group--those who use something good for evil. I agree everyone should keep alert to the possibility of someone wanting to use good for an evil purpose. Just don't let it make cynics of us. Realism is enough.

Billions of Muslims, Christians, Buddhists, etc and it's going to disappear in 25 years? LMAO You people have issues and believe anything some loon tells you

I wonder what will ultimately happen to the $600 billion worth of churches, temples etc. which never pay a penny of tax to the U S government. Why should any of my money go to support something which I literally despise?

Your tax dollars do not fund churched nor do you subsidize them. Your believed benevolent "gubermint" takes in 13 plus TRILLION dollars in offshore investments and Wall Street...they don't need your money either...but the owners of the Federal Reserve definitely want it so they get it. You really don't have a clue about much....especially if you think FDR was actually worth a shit. FDR sold us out with the Chapter 11 Bankruptcy of 1933......yep, he was a real POS.

You're either uninformed or very stupid. In 1936 my family moved onto my maternal grandparent's farm. We didn't have enough to eat and men were standing in line to be considered for a 12 hour a day job for $0.75. The first full time job my Daddy landed was on Roosevelt's WPA....$3.80 a week for 48 hours. You uninformed punks make my asshole crave lime juice.

The only way this would happen is if atheists systematically wiped our the religious people. I do not see that happening

More education = less statue bowing and cross humping

So.. You hump crosses? Why?

christ insanity is but a shadow of itself in educated countries, the Catholics are having to close down churches here in America, the church has to go and sell their crap in other lower educated countries

It's All About Church Closings': Catholic Parishes Shrink In Northeast, Midwest

'It's All About Church Closings': Catholic Parishes Shrink In Northeast, Midwest

Did you read the entire article? It said the Church is growing in the South and the West.

Guno, this is what I don't understand. If you are Jewish, and Jews don't want converts into their religion, then what is it you do want?

The newest church must be the biggest lie. Where are those golden plates? What did Joseph Smith do with them?

salt-lake-mormon-temple1.jpg

He translated them into a book you are more than welcome to read and inquire of God. Come read it and ask the Lord and He will reveal to you that it's true.

You're either uninformed or very stupid. In 1936 my family moved onto my maternal grandparent's farm. We didn't have enough to eat and men were standing in line to be considered for a 12 hour a day job for $0.75. The first full time job my Daddy landed was on Roosevelt's WPA....$3.80 a week for 48 hours. You uninformed punks make my asshole crave lime juice.

FDR presided over the Chapter 11 Bankruptcy of 1933. Instead of charging the bankers with crimes against humanity for causing the Great Depression that caused this shit storm and instead of declaring the Federal Reserve bankers had to return the wealth they stole when they intentionally crashed the market, instead, he gave them the farm. Through the creation of the birth certificate, they monetized it by printing it on bond paper and incorporated you by creating a strawman using your ALL CAP corporate fiction. He then instructed everyone that had gold to turn it in for debt notes from the Fed bank under the penalty of jail and a huge fine. Gold has an intrinsic value....debt notes are just paper. So FDR gave the bankers something of real worth for Monopoly money so don't EVEN tell me how great FDR was because I KNOW the rest of the story. He was bought and paid for by the bankers. Your dad got a job with borrowed fiat currency that accrued compound interest that future generations had to pay back with their sweat equity. You don't know the real history of this country nor do you understand the problems we face today and the coming shit storm and I have a feeling that by the time it is all said and done, you might be asking the Man upstairs for help.

There is too much money to be made from Religion it is not going anywhere.

That reminds me of the story of the TBN viewer monthly contributer.
When his plane crashed on a remote
island with two other survivors he was the only one relaxed and not panicking.
The other 2 survivors asked him why he was so calm and he replied;
"I'm a consistant wealthy contributor to TBN, there's no way they aren't gonna find me for their next feeding."

christ insanity is but a shadow of itself in educated countries, the Catholics are having to close down churches here in America, the church has to go and sell their crap in other lower educated countries

It's All About Church Closings': Catholic Parishes Shrink In Northeast, Midwest

'It's All About Church Closings': Catholic Parishes Shrink In Northeast, Midwest

Did you read the entire article? It said the Church is growing in the South and the West.

Guno, this is what I don't understand. If you are Jewish, and Jews don't want converts into their religion, then what is it you do want?

salt-lake-mormon-temple1.jpg

He translated them into a book you are more than welcome to read and inquire of God. Come read it and ask the Lord and He will reveal to you that it's true.

Fuck a 2000 year old ghost story. I'm not buying that ridiculous bull shit!

Forum List

Back