Religion To Disappear By 2041

Campbell

Gold Member
Aug 20, 2015
Author and noted biopsychologist Nigel Barber has completed a new study that shows Atheism is most prevalent in developed countries, and, according to his projections, religion will completely disappear by 2041. His findings are discussed in his new book “Why Atheism Will Replace Religion.” A new study that clarifies his earlier research will be published in August. His findings focus on studying trends within countries around the world and the fact that “Atheists are heavily concentrated in economically developed countries”-

In my new study of 137 countries (1), I also found that atheism increases for countries with a well-developed welfare state (as indexed by high taxation rates). Moreover, countries with a more equal distribution of income had more atheists. My study improved on earlier research by taking account of whether a country is mostly Moslem (where atheism is criminalized) or formerly Communist (where religion was suppressed) and accounted for three-quarters of country differences in atheism.

His main thesis stems from the phenomenon of religion declining as personal wealth increases. He cites the reason as people having less of a need for supernatural beliefs when the tangible, natural world is providing for their needs. He says the majority of the world will come to view religion as completely irrelevant by 2041.

Let's see here -- The majority of the world's population does not live in developed countries, and this population is exploding while levels of breeding in developed countries are below replacement level. Despite this, he concludes that the majority of the world's population will be atheist by 2041?

I cannot imaging being so unintelligent and gullible as to buy in to it, myself.

Voltaire thought that would occur in his day or was it just Christianity?

Author and noted biopsychologist Nigel Barber has completed a new study that shows Atheism is most prevalent in developed countries, and, according to his projections, religion will completely disappear by 2041. His findings are discussed in his new book “Why Atheism Will Replace Religion.” A new study that clarifies his earlier research will be published in August. His findings focus on studying trends within countries around the world and the fact that “Atheists are heavily concentrated in economically developed countries”-

In my new study of 137 countries (1), I also found that atheism increases for countries with a well-developed welfare state (as indexed by high taxation rates). Moreover, countries with a more equal distribution of income had more atheists. My study improved on earlier research by taking account of whether a country is mostly Moslem (where atheism is criminalized) or formerly Communist (where religion was suppressed) and accounted for three-quarters of country differences in atheism.

His main thesis stems from the phenomenon of religion declining as personal wealth increases. He cites the reason as people having less of a need for supernatural beliefs when the tangible, natural world is providing for their needs. He says the majority of the world will come to view religion as completely irrelevant by 2041.

In my opinion, the number one thing atheists just don't get is that religion is based, not on poverty, not on fear of death, etc., but on the fact that people of every culture, and down through the ages, have religious/spiritual experiences of God. They see how faith, and following the teachings of God makes a huge difference in their lives and how they live life. The Word of God proves true.

Billions of Muslims, Christians, Buddhists, etc and it's going to disappear in 25 years? LMAO You people have issues and believe anything some loon tells you

I wonder what will ultimately happen to the $600 billion worth of churches, temples etc. which never pay a penny of tax to the U S government. Why should any of my money go to support something which I literally despise?

The findings of this "study" are hardly believable and his supporting arguments are unconvincing. Religions have been with us for 50,000 years and have been a vital and critical part of human evolution and survival. For religious belief to disappear completely in 25 years, even in the most developed and secular societies, is a ridiculous claim made out of wishful thinking and a blindness to the human psyche.

I'm an atheist.

I wonder what will ultimately happen to the $600 billion worth of churches, temples etc. which never pay a penny of tax to the U S government. Why should any of my money go to support something which I literally despise?

Unless you donate to a church, your money isn't going to support something you despise. The government does not support churches. There is this thing called separation between church and state.

Unless you donate to a church, your money isn't going to support something you despise. The government does not support churches. There is this thing called separation between church and state.

There is only the illusion of a separation between church and state.

By giving churches of any sort tax free status and by not prosecuting what amounts to physical emotional and psychological abuse of children, crimes legally protected under the guise of freedom of religious expression, the state is intimately involved in supporting 'the Church' probably because religion in general churns out confused and traumatized automatons by the millions that are easily subjugated and further victimized by the state.

Last edited:

You should go to Mecca and proclaim it.

Billions of Muslims, Christians, Buddhists, etc and it's going to disappear in 25 years? LMAO You people have issues and believe anything some loon tells you

Churches get money from you? Or the government? It's not YOUR money, fool

The findings of this "study" are hardly believable and his supporting arguments are unconvincing. Religions have been with us for 50,000 years and have been a vital and critical part of human evolution and survival. For religious belief to disappear completely in 25 years, even in the most developed and secular societies, is a ridiculous claim made out of wishful thinking and a blindness to the human psyche.

I'm an atheist.

It's no secret. Sunday mornings when I was a kid nearly everybody in our neighborhoods put on their best, loaded up in the family sedan and went to church on Sunday mornings. Now....you can hardly miss a car on the streets at 10:00AM. A better test is the church parking lots.....they're nearly empty. People have better things to do with their time. I take my boat out on Sunday mornings.

By god my money is what runs the government....or didn't you know?

It's the Church's money, not yours or the government's....or didn't you know? Perhaps PP and all the other tax free organizations should start ponying up? How bout dat? :)

More education = less statue bowing and cross humping

It's the Church's money, not yours or the government's....or didn't you know? Perhaps PP and all the other tax free organizations should start ponying up? How bout dat? :)

You're nuts. By the time a piece of property is acquired and developed governmental agencies are involved at every turn. Like everything else the damn church goers are pikers. Why does every other public structure have to pay taxes?

You're nuts. By the time a piece of property is acquired and developed governmental agencies are involved at every turn.

You're a greedy asshole wanting the gummit to nanny you.

Forum List

Back