Religion: The clear and present danger of our time

An individual is still allowed to pray before a football game, heck I doubt anyone would even have an objection to a group of people praying together if they wanted to so long as they were not making it a team thing, I have not heard of anyone saying you cannot have a cross in a cemetery, if that has happened than I do agree with you that you should be allowed to have whatever kind of tombstone you would like and to deny you that is against your rights, as to the under God bit, the pledge of allegiance is used in public schools on a daily basis (I have issues with that as well but that is a different argument.) and therefore has no place constitutionally.
Judge says giant cross must be removed from San Diego mountain - CNN.com
It is neither a tombstone nor on private property, it is on public property and that is their problem with it, you cannot have religious symbols on public property clear and simple, would you be upset if it was a giant star and crescent statue that they wanted removed?
Yes that is the point of going to court, however the point of the court is to decide who is right and who is wrong.
omigorsh, omigorsh, there's a cross on public property and I can see it!........it hurts so bad I need to go to court and stop it!".......if there were a giant star and crescent statue somewhere I would not go to court to have it removed.....you might.....you're an atheist.......

An individual is still allowed to pray before a football game, heck I doubt anyone would even have an objection to a group of people praying together if they wanted to so long as they were not making it a team thing, I have not heard of anyone saying you cannot have a cross in a cemetery, if that has happened than I do agree with you that you should be allowed to have whatever kind of tombstone you would like and to deny you that is against your rights, as to the under God bit, the pledge of allegiance is used in public schools on a daily basis (I have issues with that as well but that is a different argument.) and therefore has no place constitutionally.
It is neither a tombstone nor on private property, it is on public property and that is their problem with it, you cannot have religious symbols on public property clear and simple, would you be upset if it was a giant star and crescent statue that they wanted removed?
Yes that is the point of going to court, however the point of the court is to decide who is right and who is wrong.
omigorsh, omigorsh, there's a cross on public property and I can see it!........it hurts so bad I need to go to court and stop it!".......if there were a giant star and crescent statue somewhere I would not go to court to have it removed.....you might.....you're an atheist.......
I am not an atheist, I am agnostic, and its not the thing its self it is the principal, too many of our officials get elected on christian values, that while fine too hold, because I do believe that the majority of your religions message is good, do not have any place too be used as policies in government, we are not a christian nation but a secular one, to think otherwise you might as well toss the bill of rights out of the window.

Islam- cut off peoples heads, and their fingertips also.

Christianity- Turn the other cheek.

There is no way Christians are going to take lessons from Islam's book.
cough cough crusades
cough cough inquisition

500 and 1000 years ago. Funny how you nimrods are every bit as stuck in the past as Islam is.

cough cough crusades
cough cough inquisition

500 and 1000 years ago. Funny how you nimrods are every bit as stuck in the past as Islam is.
I have already explained what I meant by that quote. Funny you should mention being stuck in the past.

cough cough crusades
cough cough inquisition

I have already explained what I meant by that quote. Funny you should mention being stuck in the past.

It doesn't matter what you "meant". The fact is the Catholic Church experienced the Reformation. Islam may enjoy something similar. Your lack of historical content is duly noted.

cough cough crusades
cough cough inquisition

It doesn't matter what you "meant". The fact is the Catholic Church experienced the Reformation. Islam may enjoy something similar. Your lack of historical content is duly noted.
The reformation was a response to losing a large part of their faith base and fears of losing even more people, so while they changed some of the practices and preachings the power structure remained the same, and they have had to grow along side society and its advances but they have always resisted the change.
Actually it does matter what I meant, that is kind of the whole point of using words instead of vague gestures.
*Edit, I forgot to add that I do think your new pope is taking the church in the right direction, I hope he keeps it up and the rest of the faith follows suit.

cough cough crusades
cough cough inquisition

The reformation was a response to losing a large part of their faith base and fears of losing even more people, so while they changed some of the practices and preachings the power structure remained the same, and they have had to grow along side society and its advances but they have always resisted the change.
Actually it does matter what I meant, that is kind of the whole point of using words instead of vague gestures.
*Edit, I forgot to add that I do think your new pope is taking the church in the right direction, I hope he keeps it up and the rest of the faith follows suit.

It did? Tell that the Lutherans, the Anglicans, the Methodists, hell tell that to every Protestant out there. And unlike you who professes to be a agnostic, I am. You are an atheist based on your posts. Agnostics don't judge. You have judgment written all over your posts.

cough cough crusades
cough cough inquisition

cough cough crusades
cough cough inquisition

It did? Tell that the Lutherans, the Anglicans, the Methodists, hell tell that to every Protestant out there. And unlike you who professes to be a agnostic, I am. You are an atheist based on your posts. Agnostics don't judge. You have judgment written all over your posts.
Agnosticism means that you believe one of two things, you are not sure what you believe, or, you believe that there is a higher power but that you don't really agree with any of the religions, I think you know which camp I fall in to, as to me being judgmental, I do not judge individual christians or muslims or jews, I do however judge the institutions of those faiths based on their words and actions.

I am not an atheist, I am agnostic, and its not the thing its self it is the principal, too many of our officials get elected on christian values, that while fine too hold, because I do believe that the majority of your religions message is good, do not have any place too be used as policies in government, we are not a christian nation but a secular one, to think otherwise you might as well toss the bill of rights out of the window.
so because a senator says "I believe in God" you think atheists are not trying to force what they believe on everyone else?.......poor logic......

Christianity and Islam represent the single greatest threat to our planet. Islam, for all its overt violence and quirky cultural traditions is at least overt and a known quantity. But Christianity, posing itself as warm and fluffy is much more insidious as the recent Duggar revelations show. I'm beginning to wonder if they're actually watching how Islam works and beginning to adopt Islamic practices in order to gain the kind of power Islam wields.

No one dares mock Mohammed, the Qur'an, or Islam itself (except online heh,) for fear of violent reprisals. But that kind of fear doesn't extend to Christianity. And I think they've noticed, and envy Islam for the fear it generates and would like to become more like them.

I expect to see Christian extremists become increasingly violent and overt in the next few years much as Islam is now.

It's the people who lack the true conviction and seek to use religion as a political tool, not the religion itself. The Christian Pope, for example, could be a genuine man of faith or could be just another politician, how would you know the difference? Same way with the Islamic Caliphate, using ideologies to gain power in the world, how is that any different than politics? If the President came out and said he was sent by God, or if he said he was sent by the Democratic party, would he be doing things any differently? Secularism isn't a thing separate from religion, secularism is just the mundane arena for religion to distinguish the inward, private spirituality from the outward, public discourse. In that you'll find all things which appear on the surface as overtly non-religious have covertly religious elements to them behind the scenes, that's the only way to accommodate the wide diversity of beliefs in peace. The 1st Amendment of the Constitution is just that awesome.

cough cough crusades
cough cough inquisition

Agnosticism means that you believe one of two things, you are not sure what you believe, or, you believe that there is a higher power but that you don't really agree with any of the religions, I think you know which camp I fall in to, as to me being judgmental, I do not judge individual christians or muslims or jews, I do however judge the institutions of those faiths based on their words and actions.

Wow, you don't even know what it means. Agnosticism merely holds that there is no evidence to support the existence of a God. Nor is there evidence against a God's existence. Most scientists I know are agnostics. We simply realize that there is no way to know, so we don't let it bother us.

The overwhelming majority of agnostics respect people whether they are theists, or not. We simply take each person as they are regardless of their personal belief systems.

I suggest you take a closer look at yourself because you're an atheist.

Christianity and Islam represent the single greatest threat to our planet. Islam, for all its overt violence and quirky cultural traditions is at least overt and a known quantity. But Christianity, posing itself as warm and fluffy is much more insidious as the recent Duggar revelations show. I'm beginning to wonder if they're actually watching how Islam works and beginning to adopt Islamic practices in order to gain the kind of power Islam wields.

No one dares mock Mohammed, the Qur'an, or Islam itself (except online heh,) for fear of violent reprisals. But that kind of fear doesn't extend to Christianity. And I think they've noticed, and envy Islam for the fear it generates and would like to become more like them.

I expect to see Christian extremists become increasingly violent and overt in the next few years much as Islam is now.
Good job ,with everyone of these nonsense posts you seem to love putting up,your becoming more and more,just what you blubber about. Ignorance and intolerance are not becoming.

Wow, you don't even know what it means. Agnosticism merely holds that there is no evidence to support the existence of a God. Nor is there evidence against a God's existence. Most scientists I know are agnostics. We simply realize that there is no way to know, so we don't let it bother us.

The overwhelming majority of agnostics respect people whether they are theists, or not. We simply take each person as they are regardless of their personal belief systems.

I suggest you take a closer look at yourself because you're an atheist.
An atheist believes there is no god, I believe there is a power higher than us whether it is a "god" or not I do not claim to know, nor do I make any claims as to what that higher being wants me to do, I live my life as best I can and try to do as little harm as I can and as much good as possible along the way. As to your other post, that is not what I mean at all, the only thing atheists, (because I do agree with a decent amount of them politically even though there are radicals, as there are in every group of people) are "trying to shove down peoples throats" is science, while christians try to force their morality and values down peoples throats as you put it. One is facts the other is beliefs plain and simple, our country was founded on the principal, amongst others, that no religion could dictate anything within our government.

Paranoia reigns supreme. You might want to be careful, there just might be a Christian extremist praying for you right now.

cough cough crusades
cough cough inquisition
cough cough hundereds of years ago,not to mention,the crusades where than just a religious thing.
I will go ahead and say it again that I was just pointing out that Islam took the lesson from Christians that is all, as to the other half or your statement I am going to assume that you meant to say that the crusades were more than just a religious thing, and to that all I have to say is that they were called for by the pope, you can't get much more christian/religious driven than that.

Will the big war we eventually must have with Islam be an athiest vs Islam or christian vs Muslim war? Probably be us together taking on Islam because at least christian con artists know they can't win em all. Jews dont even want new members other than by birth.

I like the Jews attitude. Fuck you get your own religion. Lol. I dont see Jews out there trying to convert anyone.

Forum List

Back