Religion: The clear and present danger of our time

I like the Jews attitude. Fuck you get your own religion. Lol. I dont see Jews out there trying to convert anyone.
true....pretty much the only ones doing that nowdays are the Jehovah's Witnesses and the atheists......

What drug are you on? Jehovah's Witnesses and atheists are the two most aggressive when it comes to "converting people". Or did I read that wrong?

Christianity and Islam represent the single greatest threat to our planet. Islam, for all its overt violence and quirky cultural traditions is at least overt and a known quantity. But Christianity, posing itself as warm and fluffy is much more insidious as the recent Duggar revelations show. I'm beginning to wonder if they're actually watching how Islam works and beginning to adopt Islamic practices in order to gain the kind of power Islam wields.

No one dares mock Mohammed, the Qur'an, or Islam itself (except online heh,) for fear of violent reprisals. But that kind of fear doesn't extend to Christianity. And I think they've noticed, and envy Islam for the fear it generates and would like to become more like them.

I expect to see Christian extremists become increasingly violent and overt in the next few years much as Islam is now.
Will the big war we eventually must have with Islam be an athiest vs Islam or christian vs Muslim war? Probably be us together taking on Islam because at least christian con artists know they can't win em all. Jews dont even want new members other than by birth.

Islam is actually a perfect reason why a knowledge of religion is vital to know what is going on in the world. I do not demand that all people believe in God...as I have said many times 'their path is theirs to walk'. But religion, like it or not, impacts the values and mores of any society, politics, legal issues, government policy, economics...those who do not understand religion are at a disadvantage when it comes to understanding the issues of the world. Islam is a great example, because they are currently the religion that is causing havoc.

In fact what amazes me is that every time an atheist or liberal screeches about the terrible things done in the name of God, they always point it at the Christians who haven't engaged in such things for about 500 years. Yet they defend Islam with a titanium shield.

... Wow, you don't even know what it means. Agnosticism merely holds that there is no evidence to support the existence of a God. Nor is there evidence against a God's existence. Most scientists I know are agnostics. We simply realize that there is no way to know, so we don't let it bother us. ...

So scientists (=philosophers) know they are not able to know everything. Seems Shakespeare was right to say: "There are more things in heaven and earth, Westwall, than are dreamt of in our philosophy." And your answer is the antiquestion "Who cares?" ? Astonishing answer in my eyes for someone who likes to explore the yet unknown world. Are you sure you are a scientist and not a silencetist?

A scientist knows for example also nothing about love what makes a big sense in the own life - except he loves someone. Is this a reason not to fall in love?

Last edited:
Christianity and Islam represent the single greatest threat to our planet. Islam, for all its overt violence and quirky cultural traditions is at least overt and a known quantity. But Christianity, posing itself as warm and fluffy is much more insidious as the recent Duggar revelations show. I'm beginning to wonder if they're actually watching how Islam works and beginning to adopt Islamic practices in order to gain the kind of power Islam wields.

No one dares mock Mohammed, the Qur'an, or Islam itself (except online heh,) for fear of violent reprisals. But that kind of fear doesn't extend to Christianity. And I think they've noticed, and envy Islam for the fear it generates and would like to become more like them.

I expect to see Christian extremists become increasingly violent and overt in the next few years much as Islam is now.
Will the big war we eventually must have with Islam be an athiest vs Islam or christian vs Muslim war? Probably be us together taking on Islam because at least christian con artists know they can't win em all. Jews dont even want new members other than by birth.

Islam is actually a perfect reason why a knowledge of religion is vital to know what is going on in the world. I do not demand that all people believe in God...as I have said many times 'their path is theirs to walk'. But religion, like it or not, impacts the values and mores of any society, politics, legal issues, government policy, economics...those who do not understand religion are at a disadvantage when it comes to understanding the issues of the world. Islam is a great example, because they are currently the religion that is causing havoc.

In fact what amazes me is that every time an atheist or liberal screeches about the terrible things done in the name of God, they always point it at the Christians who haven't engaged in such things for about 500 years. Yet they defend Islam with a titanium shield.
Your lie is the best one going. I'll give you that.

And we understand religion very well. We see it very clearly.

Its like youre telling us we dont know all the rules of dungeons and dragons so we dont get it. We get enough to know its a stupid game. Might be a lot of fun but its still gay.

Its like youre telling us we dont know all the rules of dungeons and dragons so we dont get it. We get enough to know its a stupid game. Might be a lot of fun but its still gay.

Everyone believes something. But why do you think the belief of your "we"-identity is right? And who exactly is your we-identity? A Texanian from the East-Coast in the dress of Buffallo Bill writing "mission accomplished" on an aircraft carrier?

Last edited:

So much for diversity.

You just ridiculed a different subculture for being different, and used an accusation of homosexuality as a slur.

LIbs, all the self awareness of a turnip.

I've never known any of those horrible atheist-evilutionists who defend Islam. Most of the atheists I know view Islam as something of a younger version of Christianity, still of the "believe this or die", syndrome.

Islam- cut off peoples heads, and their fingertips also.

Christianity- Turn the other cheek.

There is no way Christians are going to take lessons from Islam's book.
cough cough crusades
cough cough inquisition

cough cough over 500 years ago cough cough

500 years ago? NO

Jewish Persecution Timeline of Judaism History of AntiSemitism

Christian Persecution of Jews over the Centuries Introduction United States Holocaust Memorial Museum

Last edited:
Thankfully for the most part Christianity has been defanged and declawed via the enlightenment , But I am not holding my breath in the future

The Enlightenment? That you libs disagree with so much? How ironic.

I like the Jews attitude. Fuck you get your own religion. Lol. I dont see Jews out there trying to convert anyone.
true....pretty much the only ones doing that nowdays are the Jehovah's Witnesses and the atheists......

What drug are you on? Jehovah's Witnesses and atheists are the two most aggressive when it comes to "converting people". Or did I read that wrong?
given that you just said the same thing I did, I gather that you did not read it wrong......

Thankfully for the most part Christianity has been defanged and declawed via the enlightenment , But I am not holding my breath in the future

If you think so,
Islam- cut off peoples heads, and their fingertips also.

Christianity- Turn the other cheek.

There is no way Christians are going to take lessons from Islam's book.
cough cough crusades
cough cough inquisition

cough cough over 500 years ago cough cough

500 years ago? NO

Jewish Persecution Timeline of Judaism History of AntiSemitism

Christian Persecution of Jews over the Centuries Introduction United States Holocaust Memorial Museum

What a nonsense to try to see in the propanda of the "Der Stürmer" Christian elements. Here enemies of the Nazis in the view of der "Der Stürmer": Catholics, Bolshewists, Jews.

stuermer_katholik_bolschewist_jude.jpg

Text: Against political Catholicsm: Show me, who is your friend, and I say to you who you are.

stuermer_heilige_schrift_bibel_altes_testament.jpg

Text: The spirit of this book (Old Testament) understands not the german youth.

Next picture shows 2 priests (Protestant and Catholic), saboteurs of the work of the [Nazi-]government how the text says.
stuermer_oekumene_gegen_nationalsozialismus.jpg

Last edited:

You have a decent knowledge of it. Delta doesn't have a clue about religion...well Christianity at least. There are times when he will post something that is a total misunderstanding of even the most basic Christian principles. Besides I was speaking generally, not specifically at you two.

... Wow, you don't even know what it means. Agnosticism merely holds that there is no evidence to support the existence of a God. Nor is there evidence against a God's existence. Most scientists I know are agnostics. We simply realize that there is no way to know, so we don't let it bother us. ...

So scientists (=philosophers) know they are not able to know everything. Seems Shakespeare was right to say: "There are more things in heaven and earth, Westwall, than are dreamt of in our philosophy." And your answer is the antiquestion "Who cares?" ? Astonishing answer in my eyes for someone who likes to explore the yet unknown world. Are you sure you are a scientist and not a silencetist?

A scientist knows for example also nothing about love what makes a big sense in the own life - except he loves someone. Is this a reason not to fall in love?

Actually science knows what part of the brain love comes from also religion superstition and all that other stuff.

Yeah making men honest, chaste, kind, gentle, charitable and godly is a huge threat to the wicked of the world. It eats their conscience
If you need religion to be any of those things that says a lot more about you than my lack of religion (I am a spiritual person, I just believe organized religion is a problem)

Organized religion can definitely be a problem. Some of the best people I know aren't Christian. One is a drunk rockabilly artist, covered in tats, with a really scary idea of a happy life lol. Hes one of the best friends Ive ever had. Another practices Hindu...shes awesome.
Whats the problem.
A lot of my friends are very religious people, hell I am going to my girlfriend's confirmation in a cathedral in a little bit, the problem that I have with organized religion is that the majority of the people involved in them were raised within the church, or whatever institution, and they are taught from the time they are little that they need to follow this path or they will spend eternity in hell, now I don't know about you but that sounds like a pretty daunting thought to me, religions send a message of love using a messenger of hate and fear, and that is my problem with them.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Its part of the message...Im sure there are people who only preach warnings...maybe they feel called to preach it, or if it turns to a constant blaming of others... maybe they have their own issues.
Hell and eternal separation from God cant just be "cut out" because it sounds mean.
The message for me is Faith, love, forgiveness & repentance...
( I found this awhile back) but its not a work we do to earn salvation. No one can repent and come to God unless God pulls that person to Himself (John 6:44).Acts 5:31and11:18 repentance is something God gives—it is only possible because of His grace. No one can repent unless God grants repentance. All of salvation, including repentance and faith, is a result of God drawing us, opening our eyes, and changing our hearts. God's longsuffering leads us to repentance (2 Peter 3:9), as does His kindness (Romans 2:4).

It doesn't mean the person becomes perfect or better than. sheesh lol hardly:lol: Everyone has weakness and struggles. Its an ongoing relationship to grow in.

I

So much for diversity.

You just ridiculed a different subculture for being different, and used an accusation of homosexuality as a slur.

I'm aware of every word I type.

I

So much for diversity.

So, you purposefully set out to disrespect a subculture and to use a homophobic smear to do it?

I thought you were a liberal?

Or do you get a pass for some reason?

I

So much for diversity.

So, you purposefully set out to disrespect a subculture and to use a homophobic smear to do it?

I thought you were a liberal?

Or do you get a pass for some reason?
Dont you hate it when we say out loud what youre thinking? You can't put me in a box.

Forum List

Back