Religion is evil

Status
Not open for further replies.
rtwngAvngr said:
You have no opinion on the most succesful economic system devised by mankind? It seems you've done very little reflection. What are you, a rock? Surely you must have some notion. It's only the biggest debate in the world. You're either an idiot or a liar.

Dude, don't try to trick me into another argument. I believe this thread is called "Is religion evil" not about free markets. So, I would say if you don't have anything relevant to contribute to this dialogue, kindly venture to the appropriate forum, thanks.

kal-el said:
No, that presupposes that the fish is a mammal. There is no proof of a supernatural fish, do you even understand what you are arguing against?

Yes, It is rather futile arguing with lies and deceptions. I say god dosen't exist. You might say the "he exists because I say so, because some book says so" blind postulation. It's a circular argument. Neither of us have any proof for or against. If anyone says they do, they are lying.

Let's boil your pathetic thrashing about to its essence: If it cannot be observed by kal-el, it is not real, he states. However, when called upon to prove that all reality is observable, kal-el cannot do this. What have we learned today?

kal-el said:
Dude, don't try to trick me into another argument. I believe this thread is called "Is religion evil" not about free markets. So, I would say if you don't have anything relevant to contribute to this dialogue, kindly venture to the appropriate forum, thanks.

Most people who hate religion, like you seem too, are foamy communists. People who are merely atheists don't really care what others believe. But commies must destroy religion in all minds to institute their crap. It's directly related. If I can show you're a commie, then that explains the zeal of your need to destroy the faith of others. At least we would know more about you, too. Why can't you just be a human being, instead of a zealot?

kal-el said:

Why don't you get a little time and credibility around here before you go dictating policy to a man with 10,000 posts? Thanks.

musicman said:
Let's boil your pathetic thrashing about to its essence: If it cannot be observed by kal-el, it is not real, he states.

No, not me anyone.

However, when called upon to prove that all reality is observable, kal-el cannot do this. What have we learned today?

Reality? Dude, it is a fact that you were born and you will die, right? You have blood oozing through your veins, right? You take in oxygen via your lungs in order to breath air, right? Do I have to prove that the ground exists, or can you observe that?

kal-el said:
Maybe if people would stop making extraordinary claims without providing extraordinary evidence.

"if" is usually paired with a "then", fragment-tard.

kal-el said:
No, not me anyone.

Reality? Dude, it is a fact that you were born and you will die, right? You have blood oozing through your veins, right? You take in oxygen via your lungs in order to breath air, right? Do I have to prove that the ground exists, or can you observe that?

So, you're saying that ALL REALITY is observable?

musicman said:
So, you're saying that ALL REALITY is observable?

I never took philosophy 101, so bare with me.

"Reality, exists independently of the existence of sentient observers". Didn't Doubting Thomas say that? :rotflmao:

Said1 said:
I never took philosophy 101, so bare with me.

"Reality, exists independently of the existence of sentient observers". Didn't Doubting Thomas say that? :rotflmao:
Reality does exist independently of the observer... however, the act of observing sometimes changes reality. This is known as the "Heisenberg Uncertainty Principle", which is a cornerstone of Quantum Mechanics.....

Because of the Uncertainty Principle, absolute zero and perfect vacuums cannot exist....

But, since certain people insist, some things cannot be observed. For instance, you cannot know the exact position and velocity of an electron to within a certain amount of uncertainty.

Other phenomenon have yet to be proven and observed, these include superstrings, black holes, gravity waves, neutrinos, quarks, life on other planets or in neighboring star systems, dark matter, the missing link,....

so according to some people, these things cannot exist since they haven't been observed or proven

• Thanks
Reactions: dmp
KarlMarx said:
Reality does exist independently of the observer... however, the act of observing sometimes changes reality. This is known as the "Heisenberg Uncertainty Principle", which is a cornerstone of Quantum Mechanics.....

Because of the Uncertainty Principle, absolute zero and perfect vacuums cannot exist....

But, since certain people insist, some things cannot be observed. For instance, you cannot know the exact position and velocity of an electron to within a certain amount of uncertainty.

Other phenomenon have yet to be proven and observed, these include superstrings, black holes, gravity waves, neutrinos, quarks, life on other planets or in neighboring star systems, dark matter, the missing link,....

so according to some people, these things cannot exist since they haven't been observed or proven

Oh yes, "The Heisenberg Uncertainty Principle". How silly of moi. :cof:

Who was Doubting Thomas?

musicman said:
That all reality is observable is YOUR assertion, Jack. Prove it!

O, so you agree that the burden of proof is always on the person bringing up the claim? Where did I say this? Blatant misrepresentation, anyway reality is where we are from moment to moment. And life is just a succession of moments. Every move you make changes you to a certain degree. If you take a left turn, opposed to right, a little bit of you will change, it won't be noticable, but after awhile, you will be different.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back