Religion is evil

Status
Not open for further replies.
rtwngAvngr said:
It's just so simplistic to assert that religions are the cause of war.

Most wars, but not all.

Anti religion is a religion too, well, at least it's faith based.

Uhh, not beleiving something is the default position. Atheism is the lack of belief in a god. I simply don't subscribe to the idea of a giant sky ape simply because of the overwhelming lack of evidence for such an entity.

Mr. P said:
Maybe…

What would the world be like if there wasn’t religious indoctrination of the young, no matter the religion.

Oh I know, my (religion) is right, yours is wrong, just like my Congressman is good but yours sux, right?

So…..what would it be like, peaceful maybe?

Actually, my congressman sucks too!

kal-el said:
Most wars, but not all.

Uhh, not beleiving something is the default position. Atheism is the lack of belief in a god. I simply don't subscribe to the idea of a giant sky ape simply because of the overwhelming lack of evidence for such an entity.

Looking at your avatar...you seem to relate to a comic book character...even though it only exists in the movies and in comic books...so does superman exist in your world?

archangel said:
Looking at your avatar...you seem to relate to a comic book character...even though it only exists in the movies and in comic books...so does superman exist in your world?

Of course not, but that's 1 thing Superman and "God" have in common- there both characters in a book.

kal-el said:
Of course not, but that's 1 thing Superman and "God" have in common- there both characters in a book.

nice backpeddling...however as the old saying goes.."the eyes are a window to the soul" in messgage boards the avatar is the window to a persons soul!
So for you to say and to bash God...yet give the impression that Superman is your idol is a foolish way to present oneselve and expect to be taken seiously! ;)

archangel said:
nice backpeddling...however as the old saying goes.."the eyes are a window to the soul" in messgage boards the avatar is the window to a persons soul!

Nice slogan. It might be nice for a bumper sticker, but it carries no weight with me.

So for you to say and to bash God...

First off. Before you kiss this entity's ass, prove his existence, or else cease from spewing rabid slander.

yet give the impression that Superman is your idol is a foolish way to present oneselve and expect to be taken seiously! ;)

Right on. You talk about being taken seriuosly, dude I wouldn't talk if you believe in a white-bearded entity, sitting on a cloud, hurling lightning rods at people.

kal-el said:
Nice slogan. It might be nice for a bumper sticker, but it carries no weight with me.

First off. Before you kiss this entity's ass, prove his existence, or else cease from spewing rabid slander.

Right on. You talk about being taken seriuosly, dude I wouldn't talk if you believe in a white-bearded entity, sitting on a cloud, hurling lightning rods at people.

I will pass on chastizing you on your Blasphemy...I will leave it to other board members who really get riled up from comments like this! :trolls:

kal-el said:

Typical. You don't believe in a white-bearded entity sitting on a cloud hurling lighting rods so you assume you are correct and anyone who thinks otherwise is not to be taken seriously.

Are you going to try preaching tolerance next?

MtnBiker said:
Which ones?

Well for starters the wars between India and Pakistan, the Christians claimed god was on their side when they mounted the Crusades, Kosovo, Afghanistan, Iraq, and the list goes on.

kal-el said:
Well for starters the wars between India and Pakistan, the Christians claimed god was on their side when they mounted the Crusades, Kosovo, Afghanistan, Iraq, and the list goes on.

How can you say Afghanistan or Iraq are religious wars?

GunnyL said:
Typical. You don't believe in a white-bearded entity sitting on a cloud hurling lighting rods so you assume you are correct and anyone who thinks otherwise is not to be taken seriously.

I only assume I am correct because their is an overwhelming lack of evidence for such an entity. Maybe you can enlighten me and post a picture of you standing next to god, or else stop making dishonest claims, thank you.

Are you going to try preaching tolerance next?

I save the preaching for the bible-thumpers.

MtnBiker said:
How can you say Afghanistan or Iraq are religious wars?

Am I wrong here, or did our President say "god is with us" when he illegally launched his pre-emptive strike on a soverign nation. Uhh, and the terrrorists who skyjacked boeing 747s on 9/11 were shouting "god is great" during their mystical delusions.

kal-el said:
Am I wrong here, or did our President say "god is with us" when he illegally launched his pre-emptive strike on a soverign nation. Uhh, and the terrrorists who skyjacked boeing 747s on 9/11 were shouting "god is great" during their mystical delusions.

An "illegal" strike is only your worthless opinion. The United States actions in Afghanistan were not done in the name of religion.

kal-el said:
I only assume I am correct because their is an overwhelming lack of evidence for such an entity. Maybe you can enlighten me and post a picture of you standing next to god, or else stop making dishonest claims, thank you.

I save the preaching for the bible-thumpers.

Seems to me you're doing plenty of preaching .... of hatred and intolerance.

I need not post a picture of me standing next to God, nor anyone else. If you don't want to believe in God, don't. It is your intolerance of those who do I take exception to.

MtnBiker said:
Post a link to that quote.

He might not have uttered that exact same thing, but the themre is the same. It's a scary thing to know the President of the US believes he talks to an entity(that there's no proof for) and has the power to drop a nuke.

http://www.patridiots.com/000552.html
http://www.counterpunch.org/floyd06302003.html
http://www.commondreams.org/views03/0630-04.htm

An "illegal" strike is only your worthless opinion. The United States actions in Afghanistan were not done in the name of religion.

Uhh, listen up Einstein. In attacking a nation that did not attack us, George Bush broke international law. I guess the UN charter means nothing, it's only important when he sees fit. George Bush 1 did the right thing, Iraq was actively invding another country, yet he didn't topple Saddam, as per what the UN sanctioned. Why could his father follow the UN, but dumbass can't?

GunnyL said:
Seems to me you're doing plenty of preaching .... of hatred and intolerance.

Am I forbidden from stating my opinion? Last time I checked this was not a communist country.

I need not post a picture of me standing next to God, nor anyone else.

Hahahaha, I'll take that as you have no proof, thanks for proving my point.

If you don't want to believe in God, don't.

O, I'm glad I have your permission.

It is your intolerance of those who do I take exception to.

Now you're being quite the hypocrite. I am willing to bet, that if people were ranting on about how the Tooth Fairy is real, you would get sick and tired of it, because being is as there's no proof, they shouldn't rant about it.

he didn't say it but you know what he meant....i think you are hearing voices

which nation was attacked illegally?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back