Religion is evil

Status
Not open for further replies.
archangel said:
I received a CD from My daughter for one of several presents from her to me..it was a CD by Rick Nelson...who I am familiar with as I grew up in Burbank Calif in the late 50's and early sixtees...one song woke me up to my past..."Garden Party" " Ya can't please everyone so ya got to please yourself"
Thats my story and I'm sticking to it! :wtf:

LOL. If cob up the chute is groovy, then good for you. More log to you.

dilloduck said:
The young would be indoctrinated in some fashion and it would not all be the same. There are a million things to fight about other than religion and war would still occur.
True, so why are the extreme Muslins bent on ridding the world of the infidels?

Religion, right? Yep.

Why are some Christians bent on ridding the world of…….

Get the point?

No one wins, no one, and all in the name of religion.

Mr. P said:

Religion, right? Yep.

Get the point?

Would you prefer to be killed in the name of politics?

Mr. P said:
I'd really not like to be killed at all, you?

Do you really think the only cause of violence is religion? How childish and LIBERAL of you.

Mr. P said:

Religion, right? Yep.

Get the point?

..except christians aren't bent on ridding the world of anything but pain, suffering, stress, hatred, lust, and other self-destructive behaviours...and it's no so much being 'bent on ridding' as it is 'have available a very good path towards each individual ending those things in their lives which hurt themselves and others'.

rtwngAvngr said:
LOL. If cob up the chute is groovy, then good for you. More log to you.

what the hell are you trying to say? Sorry dude but Rick was a true lover of women as am I...so your distorted reference to 'cob' as I am taking it... is way out of line...I am as I have stated in numerous posts a ultra conservative..and I am a true Nationalist...not to be confused with Isolationist...
If ya want to debate on realistic ideals okay...but if you want to insert innuendo...go back to the playground! If you want to address Mr.P as loving the cob..well have at it...but I suspect Mr.P is more along the lines of the Red Light District (and smoking a little loco weed)..could be wrong.. so go for it!

Mr. P said:
See, that's my point, whos' moral code do you think is correct?
Yours of course, but.....

And because people have different ideas of what morality is, that makes all religion useless or dangerous?? Im not following your line of reasoning.

If you are alluding to a strictly secular society, I would say that would result in a world not worth living in. We see what happens when people have no moral compass whatsoever and what innevitably happens is they lose their sense of right and wrong which in turn winds up affecting innocent by-standers, and so on etc.

Mr. P said:

It's just so simplistic to assert that religions are the cause of war. Anti religion is a religion too, well, at least it's faith based. And the zeal with which they persecute and mame in the name of anti-religion is just as barbaric as anything done in the name of a god.

Here is a similarly flawed logical proof:

There have always been wars.
People have always eaten food.
Therefore, food causes war.

rtwngAvngr said:
It's just so simplistic to assert that religions are the cause of war. Anti religion is a religion too, well, at least it's faith based. And the zeal with which they persecute and mame in the name of anti-religion is just as barbaric as anything done in the name of a god.

Here is a similarly flawed logical proof:

There have always been wars.
People have always eaten food.
Therefore, food causes war.

At least you could TRY to let Mr.P take another shot at religion without making him look ignorant. :halo:

dilloduck said:
At least you could TRY to let Mr.P take another shot at religion without making him look ignorant. :halo:

Nah. He likes it rough. Archangel told me.

rtwngAvngr said:
Nah. He likes it rough. Archangel told me.

I said address him as to what he prefers...and not to attach it to me! And while we are at it what exactly are you trying to say RWA..ya seem to have a one track mind!

Mr. P said:
Everybody go back and read post #1. Then think.

If you are not saying that religion actually is the cause of evil then you better
clarify yourself a bit. You first post is quite clear. Stupid but clear.

Mr. P said:
Hasn't helped yet, Karl.
It certainly has. Your mistake is that you compare the present situation with an ideal, which is not attainable. You haven't compared the present situation with a situation where there was no religion.

First laws, were the Laws of Hammurabi. Hammurabi was considered a god.

The laws that we have in our society are based on the Laws of Moses who claimed that he received them from God.

So when laws are thought to be from the Divine, the concept of immutability exists. When laws are thought to be of Men and therefore, subject to change, the law is not obeyed. After all, who is to say what is right and wrong in such a situation?

Observe how the law was not obeyed under Hitler or Communism, but was changed to suit the whims of those in power.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back