Reid on GOP House Default Bill: Weak & Senseless

Yep, flat out turned down a reasonable and helpful bill in favor of risking a default.

Sorry folks, but I can't help but they the blame of a possible default at the feet of both parties. it's just the way I see it. We didn't where we are today because of the actions of one group or one president.

Sorry folks, but I can't help but they the blame of a possible default at the feet of both parties. it's just the way I see it. We didn't where we are today because of the actions of one group or one president.

I think we can all agree on that. But a Majority of people polled were behind this Republican plan that passed the House.

I think we can all agree on that. But a Majority of people polled were behind this Republican plan that passed the House.
It boils down to the republicans doing something and the dimwits twiddling their thumbs. Of course it is the dimwits spending since 2006 that has gotten us here.

True, however the Democrats had an opportunity to move toward fiscal sanity and decided to play chicken a bit longer instead.

Reid is right! GOP is playing dangerous games with our lives and wasting taxpayers time and money.

wow, is your life going to end if the Government defaults.?
gawd, any more dramatics.
you really are a sheep my dear. try thinking for yourself, give a shot, K

Reid is right! GOP is playing dangerous games with our lives and wasting taxpayers time and money.

wow, is your life going to end if the Government defaults.?
gawd, any more dramatics.
you really are a sheep my dear. try thinking for yourself, give a shot, K

As long as I am living everything is ok? Dangerous for the economy but it could cost some lives.

Please don't use the tired old lines, try thinking for yourself.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tWa3OMiShT8&feature=player_embedded]‪Reid on GOP House Default Bill: Weak & Senseless‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]

H.R. 2560, the “Cut, Cap, and Balance Act of 2011” aims to cut federal spending to pre-2008 levels, cap spending permanently to an eventual 19.9 percent of gross domestic product, and to require an constitutionally guaranteed annual balanced budget. It also requires a two-thirds majority to raise taxes.

The bill would in annual steps reduce the level of federal spending from 23 percent of GDP in fiscal year 2012 to 19.9 percent of GDP in fiscal 2021 and beyond. It will also cut $111 billion from the fiscal 2012 budget. Of that $111 billion, $76 billion would be cut from non-security-related discretionary spending (programs whose funding levels can be set through congressional appropriations), bringing that category of spending below 2008 levels, and $35 billion will be cut from mandatory spending (programs whose funding is legally determined by the number of people eligible to receive a benefit or service) other than programs for veterans, Medicare, and Social Security. The defense budget would not be reduced below President Obama’s fiscal 2012 funding request

...247 organizations who sent a letter to every member of Congress and who believe that “a balanced budget constitutional amendment would damage the economy, not strengthen it.” The bill also would “require supermajority votes in the House and Senate to increase the debt limit, waive the balanced budget requirement – or to raise any taxes, including closing the most egregious tax loopholes.”

Finally, the White House believes “H.R. 2560 sets out a false and unacceptable choice between the Federal Government defaulting on its obligations now or, alternatively, passing a Balanced Budget Amendment that, in the years ahead, will likely leave the Nation unable to meet its core commitment of ensuring dignity in retirement."

The House passed the bill by a vote of 234-190 along mostly party lines. Five Democrats joined 229 Republicans in voting in favor of the bill, while nine Republicans joined 181 Democrats in voting against it. The bill is expected to be rejected by the Democratically-controlled Senate, and President Obama has threatened to veto the legislation if it makes it to his desk.

(H.R. 2560) Cut, Cap and Balance Act of 2011 | TheMiddleClass.org
http://www.usmessageboard.com/gener...lls-you-who-republicans-are-fighting-for.html

I can't see where raising the debt and leave open further credit increases are going to strengthen the economy one bit. Not really surprised special interest groups have an opinon.

Well the Republicans in the House passed a bill now Reid need to stfu and do his part. wtf does it matter to him for if the Republicans took the weekend off? They did there work and here are the mindless wittle wimpy wimps bitchin and moaning and not working.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iHZMhYfDtZU&feature=relmfu]‪Senate Dems Scold House GOP for Taking Weekend Off‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]

Forum List

Back