Reid: No one’s talking about reconciliation

The purpose of yesterdays show and tell was to prove to the American public that there is no middle ground to be had on healthcare. The Republicans are unwilling to negotiate.

It is obvious that reconcilliation is the only way to go.

Time to play hardball

Once again, why have the Democrats not already passed it? They have had a super majority for over a year. Why no reform yet? What the hell is the matter with Democrats? If the majority of Americans want it (as they claim) and they had the votes they needed to pass it, why the hell has it come to this?

And why is it now not against the principles that the Founders initiated now to use reconciliation?

I agree. This should have been done last summer. The problem with the Dems is they have no balls. They are afraid of what may happen to them, too tied to the polls, to afraid someone may be offended.
The Republicans have more power with 41% than the Dems do with 59%. Republicans don't give a shit what people think. They have an agenda and stick to it

Dems are just pussies

Is there not one liberal who can explain to me how Obama et al's comments on reconciliation in 2006 fit with their current stance? Obama himself said this course was against the intentions of the Founders. So if it was against their intentions then, which of the Founders was resurrected to change that intent?

Is there not one liberal who can explain to me how Obama et al's comments on reconciliation in 2006 fit with their current stance? Obama himself said this course was against the intentions of the Founders. So if it was against their intentions then, which of the Founders was resurrected to change that intent?

oh dat wuz diff'rent.......:cool:

The purpose of yesterdays show and tell was to prove to the American public that there is no middle ground to be had on healthcare. The Republicans are unwilling to negotiate.

Time to play hardball

Once again, why have the Democrats not already passed it? They have had a super majority for over a year. Why no reform yet? What the hell is the matter with Democrats? If the majority of Americans want it (as they claim) and they had the votes they needed to pass it, why the hell has it come to this?

And why is it now not against the principles that the Founders initiated now to use reconciliation?

I agree. This should have been done last summer. The problem with the Dems is they have no balls. They are afraid of what may happen to them, too tied to the polls, to afraid someone may be offended.
The Republicans have more power with 41% than the Dems do with 59%. Republicans don't give a shit what people think. They have an agenda and stick to it

Dems are just pussies

And, therein, is my point. The Democats - for all their public statements - know that the majority of Americans are NOT happy with the current crap. That is the simple truth. "We, the People" do not want their 2000 words, their taxes, their power grab.

We want REFORM.

Dems are just pussies

And, therein, is my point. The Democats - for all their public statements - know that the majority of Americans are NOT happy with the current crap. That is the simple truth. "We, the People" do not want their 2000 words, their taxes, their power grab.

We want REFORM.

And if we go down the path the Republicans are proposing, there will be no reform. They know that if they delay healthcare long enough, it will go away. It worked in 1993 and they are doing the same thing today. In 1993 they said "lets get this right" and then stomped it once they had power.
Republicans do not want healtcare reform at all......NONE

Use Reconcilliation while you have the votes. It is not a time to play nice with the Republicans...they will not play nice with you

Dems are just pussies

We want REFORM.

And if we go down the path the Republicans are proposing, there will be no reform. They know that if they delay healthcare long enough, it will go away. It worked in 1993 and they are doing the same thing today. In 1993 they said "lets get this right" and then stomped it once they had power.

Use Reconcilliation while you have the votes. It is not a time to play nice with the Republicans...they will not play nice with you

Letting the fire burn out is better than throwing a trillion gallons of gasoline on it ......

We want REFORM.

Letting the fire burn out is better than throwing a trillion gallons of gasoline on it ......

Thanks for proving that

1. Conservatives are pefectly happy with existing healthcare. "I've got mine...who cares about you"

2. Any promises that they will work to get a better healtcare program if we scrap this one is a lie

I wonder whether we are capable of discussing anything without idiots sidetracking into the continual rants about Iraq. Fucking thread is about healthcare people. Focus.
Good luck with that.

Time to play hardball
Yeah ummmmmm NOT

It was simple POTUS said all or nothing to his and his party's demise. Error #1
Either ram it through or decide in November. Error #2

POTUS just butt fucked his party and the nation.

From what I saw he could be signing a law the had tort reform (so what if it only accounts for 0.5% of the total cost), Interstate lines opened up with a provision to stop the "race to the bottom" (maybe make the base line equivalent to what congress enjoys?), and preexisting conditions. His premise that baby steps are not going to get you to the goal is flat out wrong unless he is looking to get it all done within the next 6 months which is not going to happen. I do not give a fuck what is done in baby steps (do something PLEASE) I can not take being raped by the insurance companies any more.

Put the insurance companies on notice that they are going to go down if they keep on fucking the citizens of the US.

Oh wait a sec the corporations are citizens of the US with Constitutional rights and everything.

*wanders off to find more lube for the reaming that just never stops*

Thanks Congress, POTUS and SCOTUS.

Thanks for proving that

1. Conservatives are pefectly happy with existing healthcare. "I've got mine...who cares about you"

2. Any promises that they will work to get a better healtcare program if we scrap this one is a lie

Nice spin, they want real reform not gubment takeover. The dems have been trying that shit for decades, the PEOPLE don't want it, that's why they have never succeeded.

Thanks for proving that

Nice spin, they want real reform not gubment takeover. The dems have been trying that shit for decades, the PEOPLE don't want it, that's why they have never succeeded.

I stand by my post.

Republicans will do anything to stop healthcare reform in any form

Thanks for proving that

I stand by my post.

Senator Obama had voted against Republican heathcare reform in the past, so is he an obstructionist ? .... :lol:

Obama wants gubment control of healthcare ( amongst other things ) and fuck anyone who doesn't want it......:eusa_whistle:

Time to play hardball

The Democrats want to make sure the Republicans get their share of the "praise". :lol:

Of course, we know it's that they want Republicans to share in the blame. And, if they can pull it off with the MSM, the Republicans will take all the the blame over it.

The fact is that Reid said, in a public and televised meeting, that "nobody is talking about reconciliation". That is fact, it is on tape and cannot be disputed. It is fact.
He said this after a) discussing it himself and b) having in his posession a letter reportedly signed by 17 senators.
Harry Reid publically lied, that is FACT. There is simply no way to successfully dispute this PROVEN FACT!

This should be seen by the voters of Nevada as an indication that their senator is a liar and cannot be trusted to perform his job on their behalf. Further, since this LIE is being defended by democrats, this should be seen by the American people as an indication of the level the democratic caucus has sunk to in their 'end justifies the means theology'.

Thanks for proving that

I stand by my post.

What do you call Medicare Part D?

Time to play hardball

Dems are just pussies

Come on RW. The Dems had a supermajority. They didn't need or want the Reps involvment in any part of this clusterfuck of a bill.

They were so busy fighting each other and buying each other off they couldn't do jack shit. If they had had their shit together they would have passed this bs bill last year.

Now they don't have the numbers. The American people hate this bill and self preservation is kicking in big time. They missed their oh so golden opportunity.

They should scrap it, get with the Reps and fashion a better bill. One that focus's on what wrong.

If they try to pass it with reconciliation they will only be shooting themselves in the foot.

Pussies?? Just trying to keep their gilded seats. All of em.

Last edited:
Dems need to do what is right and say the hell with political consequences.

Show some balls Dems...tell the Repubs to get with the program or get the hell out of the way.

Use Reconcilliation ...the Republicans would if they were in your position

The Dems need to do the right thing, which would be to kill this Rosemary's baby of an abortion and start fresh.

Ramming it down America's throat just plain wrong.

And the objection most folks have to it is the corruption in the thing. That it won't do what it is purported to do, that it is overpriced when we have lots of more important priorities for our non existent cash..... There are so many good reasons to kill it and I don't see any good reason to pass it.

Dems are just pussies

We want REFORM.

Translation: "Stop fighting us America...we know what's best for you."

We want REFORM.

Translation: "Stop fighting us America...we know what's best for you."

More along the lines of "Lay back, spread and smile. Or else."

Time to play hardball

What sealed it was when the president asked them if there was ONE THING in his health care bill they liked and they said no.

He pointed out to them some of the idea's they were asking for that day were already in there, and they still said no.

HOW THE FUCK DOES THAT WORK? Screw them, no more bi partisanship...just do the reconciliation and be done with it. Stop being the nice guy when they said ...if health care fails, Obama fails....or when they say, it will be his water loo.

Screw them. You tried.

51 VOTE!!!

Forum List

Back