Reid Adding Amnesty Measure to Defense Bill

Discussion in 'Immigration/Illegal Immigration' started by Charles_Main, Sep 15, 2010.

1. Charles_Main

Charles_Main AR15 Owner

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,251
    Believe it or not I think this is a good idea. I have always liked idea of Citizenship for service.

2. Bullfighter

Bullfighter BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +111
    And they must swear loyalty to the US by burning a Mexican flag at an invasion rally.

3. Charles_Main

Charles_Main AR15 Owner

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,251
    Once again I posted about a story in the correct Area, and today I see mine has less responses than someone who posted about it in the wrong section. LOL

4. LilOlLady

LilOlLady Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +762
    REID GIVING THE AMERICAN DREAM AWAY.

Dirty Harry is trying the take the American dream away from your children in the dead of night under disguise of defense and give it to children of illegal aliens. A sneaky way to amnesty. Another excuse for illegal aliens to say ALL their children are Americans and they cannot leave them and break up their families.

TAKE THE KEYS TO THE AMERICAN DREAM AWAY FROM DIRTY HARRY.

AMNESTY means never having immigration enforcement!

Last edited: Sep 16, 2010
  5. mudwhistle

mudwhistle Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +26,267
    Dishonest politicians doing what they do best.

Sneak around and get what they want even if the people don't want it.

6. Greenbeard

Greenbeard Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,323
    Actually:

A poll commissioned by a family-advocacy group in Washington, D.C., indicates that support for the DREAM Act has increased nationally, even as tensions over immigration continue. The DREAM (Development, Relief and Education for Alien Minors) Act would allow undocumented immigrants brought to the U.S. as young children a chance at permanent-residency status — if they meet specific requirements.

The poll, commissioned by First Focus and conducted by the Opinion Research Corporation, indicates that 70 percent of people in the U.S. are in favor of the legislation, an increase from the 58 percent who supported the measure in 2004.​

Yes, it's a poll commissioned by an advocacy group but it hardly allows an unambiguous statement that "the people don't want it."

If a large majority of the public does indeed support this legislation, does that change your opinion of it?

7. mudwhistle

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +26,267

A proper link on this would most likely result in this claim to be revealed as exactly what it is....patently false.

However...let's look at the slippery-slope this would cause.

Millions of illegal immigrant children brought into this country to act as anchor-babies.

See the problem here?

This bill would make it so that they don't even have to be born here anymore.

Not very smart.

You really should think things out before you start assuming that everything these folks do is all hunkydory and above board.

Last edited: Sep 16, 2010
  8. mudwhistle

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +26,267
    I wouldn't have any problem with naturalized citizens voting who've lived in this country a minimum of 10 years legally. I also would put a stipulation that they not receive any form of government assistance during that time.

Maybe serving active duty military could speed up the process...but it would have to be a minimum of 5 or 6 years active duty.

The above would prevent Democrats from using entitlements and screwy new laws to to manufacture new votes before elections. That way they wouldn't personally benefit from any new laws they put in place.

"Oh....that's not fair". Tough.

9. Charles_Main

Charles_Main AR15 Owner

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,251
    I believe most people feel the way I do about. Amnesty is ok, as long as it comes with Border enforcement.

10. uptownlivin90

uptownlivin90 Rebelious Youngin

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +384
    I'd absolutely agree. I'm all for service for citizenship.

It's actually the only kind of amnesty that I'd support, insuring that those who do become citizens contribute something to society.

I'd also like to see strict border enforcement.

My one problem with this is that it shouldn't be in the defence bill for that reason alone. What needs to be done if Harry Reid really wants to say that this congress accomplished something before the next congress takes over is bring this before the House and Senate as an individual bill and let the republicans bring forth a measure that will be tough on border security. Put the two together and you've got a pretty good bill, one that answers the concerns of those who want to secure the border, and those who want to deal with those who are already here in the best way for both them and us.

I'd like to see it get passed regardless though.