Reich--infracstructure projects-no "skilled workers"--no "white male workers"

You need to stop listening to people who make their living by potstirring like Rush and Michelle Malkin....

What Reich SAID was that he favors a stimulus plan that ALSO "includ[es] women and minorities, and the long-term unemployed" in addition to skilled professionals and white male construction workers, not one that is limited to women and minorities.

I will say that he probably could have been clearer about that though. He said he was thinking about it in terms of addressing long term unemployment and that does affect minorities more than "white skilled professionals", doesn't it?

Considering you always take people like Rush and Malkin out of context,I hardly think you are in a possition to tell anyone who not to listen to...sorry.

The video and Reich's own words are plently proof of what he said. We don't need you adding nuance to it, to figure out what the a-hole meant.:eusa_liar:

Don't you love our new arrogant liberal world. All of them have taken up the mantra ow telling us what we need to listen to and what to think!

We even got a president who tells us what talk show host not to listen to :lol:

Last edited:
Getting past the fact that Reich needs an apple stuck in his mouth and acupuncture done on his brain .........

IMO...................
If Obama or anyone in Washington wants a stimulus package to help, to really help, first it does need to be a huge package, but, it also needs to be much more diverse than what is being suggested by Obama. He is offering a small and limited patch to a gaping and expanding hole.

I don't like the fact that such a package needs to be used, but, if they are going to do it, then at least do it right. All that malarkey talk about Main Street he spilled from coast to coast, he seems to have forgotten where Main Street is.

Considering you always take people like Rush and Malkin out of context,I hardly think you are in a possition to tell anyone who not to listen to...sorry.

The video and Reich's own words are plently proof of what he said. We don't need you adding nuance to it, to figure out what the a-hole meant.:eusa_liar:

:

Don't you love our new arrogant liberal world. All of them have taken up the mantra ow telling us what we need to listen to and what to think!

We even got a president who tells us what talk show host not to listen too :lol:

Like I stated at the beginning of one of these conversations. He is Kut from the KOS Kloth With a Kookie Kutter. :eusa_angel

All I know is that I do not need the editorial misinterpretations of what is said to come to my own conclusions about what was said.

Obviously some of you not only have reading comprehension problems, you also have LISTENING comprehension problems.

All I know is that I do not need the editorial misinterpretations of what is said to come to my own conclusions about what was said.

Obviously some of you not only have reading comprehension problems, you also have LISTENING comprehension problems.

Yes--everyone is crazy except you ( and TM )

Getting it wrong.

1st ladies and gentlemen on the right there is more than infrastructure in the Obama stimulus plan unless its been changed again.

2nd what I took from the speech wqhen I saw it uncut was that instead of lowering taxes for ninety-five percent of the People Reich thinks we should lower them only for for those who don't pay them anyway.

Nice try at spinning what I said into something entirely different than what I said, Dill.

Not everyone disagrees with me that the superimposed editorials are nonsense.

And the fact that these superimpositions didact out the entire sentences to make their point is fairly obvious to anyone paying attention, too.

you are morons, "only" wasn't within a hundred miles of what he said.. "not simply go" is what the fuck he said morons.

Okay, Ms Moron Caller, what is the difference? Not simply go to is not the fucking same as saying what you are stating that whites won't get any jobs.

This is total horeshit that he is saying only women and minorities will get the jobs. "Not simply" means that he doesn't think the jobs should not also go to women and minorities.

What a bunch of sore loser verbal masturbaters.

Good golly, 8 mores years of this bullshit.:cuckoo:

Nice try at spinning what I said into something entirely different than what I said, Dill.

And the fact that these superimpositions didact out the entire sentences to make their point is fairly obvious to anyone paying attention, too.

Race shouldn't have even brought up----It has nothing to do with the goal.

You need to stop listening to people who make their living by potstirring like Rush and Michelle Malkin....

What Reich SAID was that he favors a stimulus plan that ALSO "includ[es] women and minorities, and the long-term unemployed" in addition to skilled professionals and white male construction workers, not one that is limited to women and minorities.

I will say that he probably could have been clearer about that though. He said he was thinking about it in terms of addressing long term unemployment and that does affect minorities more than "white skilled professionals", doesn't it?

New arrogant liberal world ??? HA!

I think when it comes to building bridges, the color of a person's skin should have absolutely no bearing on ANYTHING. If I'm going to be driving over those bridges, and paying those tolls, I want the peace of mind in knowing that only the MOST qualified and skilled people were tasked with the construction.

When it comes to that kind of safety issue, I don't really care if it somehow disqualified people who've been out of work a long time. I don't care if you haven't worked in YEARS, if you're not qualified to do bridge construction, I don't want you on that project. You can be the guy who digs holes on regular old flat roads somewhere ELSE.
You are reading a lot into his comment, and most of what you are reading into it is so off base that you surprise me.

It's off base and surprising that I want only the most skilled workers building bridges? Ok, Rav. Whatever. :rolleyes:
No, what's off base is that you think that he said to give jobs that require skill to the unskilled. And what's surprising is that you've allowed Rush to think for you.

You are reading a lot into his comment, and most of what you are reading into it is so off base that you surprise me.

It's off base and surprising that I want only the most skilled workers building bridges? Ok, Rav. Whatever. :rolleyes:
No, what's off base is that you think that he said to give jobs that require skill to the unskilled. And what's surprising is that you've allowed Rush to think for you.

No, what's surprising is that you assume I listen to Rush just because I don't think exactly like you do. :lol: I don't listen to talk radio, unless it's my local home state radio station in the morning. It's far from Rush Limbaugh. Rush gave Ron Paul no love during the primaries, I'll never give that piece of shit my listenership.

As far as this topic, Reich has the audacity to suggest particular races should or shouldn't be favored, when it has nothing to do with race. He also suggests that certain people who might have been out of work a long time ought to get work out of it. That's fine and dandy, just don't be sticking any old unemployed laborer on a bridge construction project, that's all I'm saying. I'm not quite sure what race has to do with this AT ALL. If the only qualified people out of the entire pool of labor happens to be black people, then so be it. And vice versa. This is the kind of unneccesary divisiveness that ought to be avoided, don't you think?

You can try and make more out of what I'm saying, or pretend there's something deeper that I'm not comprehending, but it's just making you look stupid. What I said is what I said, and it fits the topic perfectly.

I don't fucking care if you're PURPLE, or if you haven't worked in a DECADE. You had better know how to build a bridge, that's all I care about.

Last edited:

No, what's surprising is that you assume I listen to Rush just because I don't think exactly like you do. :lol: I don't listen to talk radio, unless it's my local home state radio station in the morning. It's far from Rush Limbaugh. Rush gave Ron Paul no love during the primaries, I'll never give that piece of shit my listenership.

As far as this topic, Reich has the audacity to suggest particular races should or shouldn't be favored, when it has nothing to do with race. He also suggests that certain people who might have been out of work a long time ought to get work out of it. That's fine and dandy, just don't be sticking any old unemployed laborer on a bridge construction project, that's all I'm saying. I'm not quite sure what race has to do with this AT ALL. If the only qualified people out of the entire pool of labor happens to be black people, then so be it. And vice versa. This is the kind of unneccesary divisiveness that ought to be avoided, don't you think?

You can try and make more out of what I'm saying, or pretend there's something deeper that I'm not comprehending, but it's just making you look stupid. What I said is what I said, and it fits the topic perfectly.

I don't fucking care if you're PURPLE, or if you haven't worked in a DECADE. You had better know how to build a bridge, that's all I care about.
Is this your admission that no one suggested giving skilled jobs to unskilled workers? Because it doesn't really sound like it to me.

OK, I am a skilled worker. A Journey level Millwright with 40 years experiance. Do you people know what the average age of a Millwright is today? 56 years old. There are very few young people learning this vital trade. Yet there are hundreds of young people out there that would gladly learn to do this kind of work if they had the training.

What was being said here was that jobs should be created not only for the existing skilled workers, but also for the entry level people. In other words, I think they mean that there should also be a large group of apprentices being trained by those already skilled.

Now I understand how it offends you "Conservatives" to think of anyone except the very wealthy recieving government help, but a program providing training in the trades, as well as work in them, such as the CCC provided would be a very good thing today.

And this old very skilled white male fully supports the idea.

OK, I am a skilled worker. A Journey level Millwright with 40 years experiance. Do you people know what the average age of a Millwright is today? 56 years old. There are very few young people learning this vital trade. Yet there are hundreds of young people out there that would gladly learn to do this kind of work if they had the training.

What was being said here was that jobs should be created not only for the existing skilled workers, but also for the entry level people. In other words, I think they mean that there should also be a large group of apprentices being trained by those already skilled.

Now I understand how it offends you "Conservatives" to think of anyone except the very wealthy recieving government help, but a program providing training in the trades, as well as work in them, such as the CCC provided would be a very good thing today.

Don't be absurd---no one has claimed to be offended if somene other than the "wealthy" get help. It the art of having an honest debate just vanished ?

I know how it offends the assholes on the left but it has been the drive and hard work of European Americans that built, maintained and protected this country for most of it's life....... pretending that isn't the case is bullshit. Why are the Democrits just planning on trying to train "people of color" now when all they wanted before was to keep them as a dependent voting block, never to think for themselves. It has always been conservatives that have advocated teaching people how to stand on their two feet.......... where were these grandiose plans when New Orleans needed to be rebuilt?

I think the stimulus money should not simply go to black people, either. It should go where it will get spent to boost the economy.

More fauxrage.

Yes, but if he would have used the term "black people", the blacks and libs would have crucified the man.

I think the stimulus money should not simply go to black people, either. It should go where it will get spent to boost the economy.

More fauxrage.

Yes, but if he would have used the term "black people", the blacks and libs would have crucified the man.
There is some truth in your statement. If he had said black people the rightwing nuts would build a monument to him.

That's actually a very GOOD POINT.

That's actually a very GOOD POINT.

No. It's silliness to ignore demographics. He certainly could have expressed himself better, but the truth is there's more permanent unemployment among less skilled workers and minority populations.

So while race, per se, has nothing to do with the goals, where jobs should be created certainly does... or should we pretend otherwise?

Forum List

Back