Obama: Quit Listening to Rush Limbaugh if You Want to Get Things Done

WillowTree

Diamond Member
Sep 15, 2008
WASHINGTON -- President Obama warned Republicans on Capitol Hill today that they need to quit listening to radio king Rush Limbaugh if they want to get along with Democrats and the new administration.

"You can't just listen to Rush Limbaugh and get things done," he told top GOP leaders, whom he had invited to the White House to discuss his nearly $1 trillion stimulus package.

One White House official confirmed the comment but said he was simply trying to make a larger point about bipartisan efforts.

"There are big things that unify Republicans and Democrats," the official said. "We shouldn't let partisan politics derail what are very important things that need to get done

Obama: Quit Listening to Rush Limbaugh if You Want to Get Things Done - Presidential Politics | Political News - FOXNews.com

Kut Right From the KOS KLOTH. Egomanic is now going to tell people who to listen too. It's gonna be a shiitty four years. !

Limbaugh is a comedian, why the fuck would anyone take a comedian seriously? I mean, wouldn't that sort of signify an epic fail on behalf of the comedan?

Okay, maybe Lenny Bruce should have been taken seriously sometimes, but I think he was a philosopher-comedian.

Limbaugh is just an ordinary comedian, he's there to make people laugh.

Limbaugh is a comedian, why the fuck would anyone take a comedian seriously? I mean, wouldn't that sort of signify an epic fail on behalf of the comedan?

Okay, maybe Lenny Bruce should have been taken seriously sometimes, but I think he was a philosopher-comedian.

EXACTLY!!!

The fact that our supposedly intelligent fearless leader thinks that a radio buffoon like Limbaugh has the power to sway the entirety of the repudlican congressional contingent does not bode well for the country.

because the left wing lunatic club to whom obamalama belongs has a serious hatred of conservatives, which include Fox News, Rush Limbaugh, Sean Hannity, Bill O'Reilly, and Ann Coulter, and of course Michelle Malkin. It's as rabid as their obsession with hating George Bush. It's pathological and obamalama just demonstrated it. Can you say fairness doctrine? :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

So is Al Franken, and they want to install him and give him power vs. Rush who is nothing but a mouthpiece.

because the left wing lunatic club to whom obamalama belongs has a serious hatred of conservatives, which include Fox News, Rush Limbaugh, Sean Hannity, Bill O'Reilly, and Ann Coulter, and of course Michelle Malkin. It's as rabid as their obsession with hating George Bush. It's pathological and obamalama just demonstrated it. Can you say fairness doctrine? :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Fair point. But Willow I think it's fair for Obama and his administration to acknowledge the hold these clowns have on the consciousness of some Americans, so I think Obama is probably right to take note of their influence. I don't think it will be long before Americans realise that Fox has been a con job by Rupert Murdoch, that Limbaugh is really a joker, that Hannity is an accident made good, that O'Reilly is a failed John Madden, that Coulter is a smart cookie who saw a chance to make good and that Malkin is, well, just plain nuts.

Can you say, "sanity doctrine"?

So is Al Franken, and they want to install him and give him power vs. Rush who is nothing but a mouthpiece.

Now that is a very good point.

Fair point. But Willow I think it's fair for Obama and his administration to acknowledge the hold these clowns have on the consciousness of some Americans, so I think Obama is probably right to take note of their influence. I don't think it will be long before Americans realise that Fox has been a con job by Rupert Murdoch, that Limbaugh is really a joker, that Hannity is an accident made good, that O'Reilly is a failed John Madden, that Coulter is a smart cookie who saw a chance to make good and that Malkin is, well, just plain nuts.

When is he going to tell us to stop listening to Keith Olberman doyathink?

WASHINGTON -- President Obama warned Republicans on Capitol Hill today that they need to quit listening to radio king Rush Limbaugh if they want to get along with Democrats and the new administration.

"You can't just listen to Rush Limbaugh and get things done," he told top GOP leaders, whom he had invited to the White House to discuss his nearly $1 trillion stimulus package.

One White House official confirmed the comment but said he was simply trying to make a larger point about bipartisan efforts.

"There are big things that unify Republicans and Democrats," the official said. "We shouldn't let partisan politics derail what are very important things that need to get done

Obama: Quit Listening to Rush Limbaugh if You Want to Get Things Done - Presidential Politics | Political News - FOXNews.com

Kut Right From the KOS KLOTH. Egomanic is now going to tell people who to listen too. It's gonna be a shiitty four years. !

It kind of smacks of I know what is best for you. Don't listen to Rush Limbaugh if you want to get things done in my administration. I'm a Republican but I hate Rush. I don't listen to him. Obama assumes that all Republicans are little Rush fans? Why is Obama prejudging Republicans?

Speaking of clowns..someone needs to tell the man child Oblah blah that we don't live in a dictatorship. I don't listen to Rush or watch FOX regularly,but I will just for spite now..:lol:

Que presidential temper tantrum..

Dear God, our new president is this childish and immature? I don't believe it, in serious debate about this nations future and this guy is mentioning a satire radio show entertainer who clearly seems to hurt his personal ego. This is scary. Reading between the lines for what this really is, to me it is a huge red flag. What is this man going to do when Russia hurts his ego some?

And the left have their satire mouth pieces as well, but, I don't see republicans dragging them into a serious debate over 1 trillion dollars!

sorry, this does not wear well for Obama. I am very disappointed.

This is what you hear typically when Liberals can't refute the Conservative ideals. They start the name calling. Example:

Conservative: Taxes should be reduced.
Liberal: You hate poor people!

And wasn't Rush Limbaugh declared irrelevant when McCain won the nomination? Rush was not a McCain supporter.
All Obama did was make Rush a hero in the eyes of many more conservatives. In fact, I'll bet Rushs' numbers increase after this little episode.

Obama should have no say whatsoever in what America does or doesn't listen to, especially when his reasoning is he doesn't like what the opposition is saying. And while he is busy taking note of what is influencing the conservatives, he would do well to note what type of lunacy is influencing the liberals. The media is so far left-biased -- do you not think there should be some source of opposing view??

Who is the "they" you are talking about?

Franken got more votes.

You talking about the voter?

Who is the "they" you are talking about?

Franken got more votes.

You talking about the voter?

Yup. "They" are the voters who want to install him. My point is, the OP to whom I responded was moaning about Rush being just a comedian, yet makes no connection that Rush doesn't hold any real power but Al Franken IS a comedian who will have power if he gets in. Get it? :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Obama should have no say whatsoever in what America does or doesn't listen to, especially when his reasoning is he doesn't like what the opposition is saying. And while he is busy taking note of what is influencing the conservatives, he would do well to note what type of lunacy is influencing the liberals. The media is so far left-biased -- do you not think there should be some source of opposing view??

dosen't he sound exactly like the indoctrinated little liberal twits on this board? Yep! I thought so too. :lol::lol:

Forum List

Back