Reich--infracstructure projects-no "skilled workers"--no "white male workers"

oreo

Gold Member
Sep 15, 2008
rocky mountains
The below video from President Obama's economic advisor Reich speaks for itself.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=opxuUj6vFa4&feature=channel_page]YouTube - Explosive Video Reich, Obamas economic advisor no "White Male Construction Workers"[/ame]

I can't believe you all are to chicken to watch this video.

The best argument against a democracy is a 5 minute conversation with an average voter!

I can't believe you all are to chicken to watch this video.

The best argument against a democracy is a 5 minute conversation with an average voter!

Did watch the video. Failed to see where it said what you said it said. It said the jobs should not go to only white male construction workers. You want to make a point, at least be honest about the point that you are making.

you are morons, "only" wasn't within a hundred miles of what he said.. "not simply go" is what the fuck he said morons.

Obamabots are out in force on this one! They cannot believe that the economic advisor & on the Obama adminstration just stated that we will exempt "white males" & "skilled workers"?

Let alone Charlie Rangel suggests that the Federal Government is going to take over our states & our state legislature--regarding permits, authorization, planning, etc.

This is order to expedite, unlicensed, inexperienced, unskilled crack--heads into building bridges for all of us.

Our government--who couldn't tack two boards together, is now telling us how to build a "safe" bridge.

• Thanks
Reactions: Vel
The below video from President Obama's economic advisor Reich speaks for itself.

YouTube - Explosive Video Reich, Obamas economic advisor no "White Male Construction Workers"

The core of our economic problem right now is that neither businesses nor consumers can get the credit they need for the economy to recover quickly, and I see nothing in the Obama recovery package that addresses this problem. Nearly all of it seems to go to giving some relief, mostly to consumers, while the economy continues to reel under this credit crunch. It seems the Obama administration thinks this problem will be corrected by market adjustments over time and they are taking this as an opportunity to spend money on projects, some of them worthwhile, that they would not have be able to get without the recession as a pretext.

• Thanks
Reactions: Vel
[[Reich--infracstructure projects-no "skilled workers"--no "white male workers" ]]

You can bet your ass I will be keeping track of where the bridges are and be driving around them if at all possible.

Thinking like this is scary. Not so much because of the end result, but, because it holds no logic. Yet we vote these people into office. Anyone dumb enough to make such a comment does not belong in Washington!

Incredible.

You need to stop listening to people who make their living by potstirring like Rush and Michelle Malkin....

What Reich SAID was that he favors a stimulus plan that ALSO "includ[es] women and minorities, and the long-term unemployed" in addition to skilled professionals and white male construction workers, not one that is limited to women and minorities.

I will say that he probably could have been clearer about that though. He said he was thinking about it in terms of addressing long term unemployment and that does affect minorities more than "white skilled professionals", doesn't it?

Oreo,

Do you really think the editorials superimposed over top of this video were accurately describing what the participants were saying?

I mean really?

I have to tell you that if the recovery program focuses entirely on rebuilding infrastructure, then the recovery will fail to help much.

If everything is merely going to infrastructure will effect only a very select part of the society overall.

That was the point that these guys were making. That recovery money has to find other avenues for investment.

And they're right about that, too.

Last edited:
I heard what he said and I also heard the following ..........

[[Reich--infracstructure projects-no "skilled workers"--no "white male workers" ]]

This same kind of thinking is what played a large role in the home crisis we now face. So let's not blow smoke here, it is what it is and it is no good.

Do you lib apologist understand how you are hurting yourselves by bending so far over backwards to protect pathetic little trolls like Reich....... it would be funny if it wasn't so scary. You people are pathological in your ridiculous excuse making for the inexcusable like Osama and his asswiping crew of dildoes. The Democrats are about one thing, power, using minorities and women to gain it and keep it......... they are the lowest forms of life on the planet and you asshats defend them........ how far will you people stick your noses up Osama's ass?

I think the stimulus money should not simply go to black people, either. It should go where it will get spent to boost the economy.

More fauxrage.

I think the stimulus money should not simply go to black people, either. It should go where it will get spent to boost the economy.

More fauxrage.

I think when it comes to building bridges, the color of a person's skin should have absolutely no bearing on ANYTHING. If I'm going to be driving over those bridges, and paying those tolls, I want the peace of mind in knowing that only the MOST qualified and skilled people were tasked with the construction.

When it comes to that kind of safety issue, I don't really care if it somehow disqualified people who've been out of work a long time. I don't care if you haven't worked in YEARS, if you're not qualified to do bridge construction, I don't want you on that project. You can be the guy who digs holes on regular old flat roads somewhere ELSE.

More fauxrage.

I think when it comes to building bridges, the color of a person's skin should have absolutely no bearing on ANYTHING. If I'm going to be driving over those bridges, and paying those tolls, I want the peace of mind in knowing that only the MOST qualified and skilled people were tasked with the construction.

When it comes to that kind of safety issue, I don't really care if it somehow disqualified people who've been out of work a long time. I don't care if you haven't worked in YEARS, if you're not qualified to do bridge construction, I don't want you on that project. You can be the guy who digs holes on regular old flat roads somewhere ELSE.
You are reading a lot into his comment, and most of what you are reading into it is so off base that you surprise me.

You need to stop listening to people who make their living by potstirring like Rush and Michelle Malkin....

What Reich SAID was that he favors a stimulus plan that ALSO "includ[es] women and minorities, and the long-term unemployed" in addition to skilled professionals and white male construction workers, not one that is limited to women and minorities.

I will say that he probably could have been clearer about that though. He said he was thinking about it in terms of addressing long term unemployment and that does affect minorities more than "white skilled professionals", doesn't it?

Considering you always take people like Rush and Malkin out of context,I hardly think you are in a possition to tell anyone who not to listen to...sorry.

The video and Reich's own words are plently proof of what he said. We don't need you adding nuance to it, to figure out what the a-hole meant.:eusa_liar:

Last edited:

Considering you always take people like Rush and Malkin out of context,I hardly think you are in a possition to tell anyone who not to listen to...sorry.

The video and Reich's own words are plently proof of what he said. We don't need you adding nuance to it, to figure out what the a-hole meant.:eusa_liar:

Exactly!

Don't you love our new arrogant liberal world. All of them have taken up the mantra ow telling us what we need to listen to and what to think!

More fauxrage.

You are reading a lot into his comment, and most of what you are reading into it is so off base that you surprise me.

It's off base and surprising that I want only the most skilled workers building bridges? Ok, Rav. Whatever. :rolleyes:

Forum List

Back