Reich--infracstructure projects-no "skilled workers"--no "white male workers"

Race shouldn't have even brought up----It has nothing to do with the goal.

That's actually a very GOOD POINT.

No. It's silliness to ignore demographics. He certainly could have expressed himself better, but the truth is there's more permanent unemployment among less skilled workers and minority populations.

So while race, per se, has nothing to do with the goals, where jobs should be created certainly does... or should we pretend otherwise?

If demographics could show that using racially motivated restrictions on stimulus packages would help the economy , faster, cheaper and still maintain quality it might be worth it HOWEVER that certainly doesn't appear to be the case now ,does it ?

I think the stimulus money should not simply go to black people, either. It should go where it will get spent to boost the economy.

More fauxrage.

Yes, but if he would have used the term "black people", the blacks and libs would have crucified the man.
There is some truth in your statement. If he had said black people the rightwing nuts would build a monument to him.

ravi...

c'mon now....

I know you're not trying to say that all people on the right wing are racists... or that they agree to exclusion of races.... let's try to stick to reality here

Getting past the fact that Reich needs an apple stuck in his mouth and acupuncture done on his brain .........

IMO...................
If Obama or anyone in Washington wants a stimulus package to help, to really help, first it does need to be a huge package, but, it also needs to be much more diverse than what is being suggested by Obama. He is offering a small and limited patch to a gaping and expanding hole.

I don't like the fact that such a package needs to be used, but, if they are going to do it, then at least do it right. All that malarkey talk about Main Street he spilled from coast to coast, he seems to have forgotten where Main Street is.

No he already walked it ... it was a yellow brick road to the white house!!!

Here's what's stupid:

People who don't understand how a labor project is manned, managed, and completed, trying to give their opinion on ANY of those things.

Any construction project is going to include the highly skilled, and the least skilled. That's just a foregone conclusion. There will be entry level apprentice workers, because they are cheap labor, they are getting on the job training, and they are completing the grunt work that is inevitable on any kind of construction project. They dig holes, ditches, transport tools, they even drive the vehicles around. They carry the heavy materials around, they push the wheel barrows, and they make the coffee runs.

To assume, for whatever reason, that these projects weren't already going to include minorities and the less skilled, is what was retarded to begin with.

Hey Jill, I've got some opinions on how court cases should be staffed, and how the proceedings should go. I'm not a lawyer, but hey, so what? How about if I come into your office sometime and start delegating tasks. I mean, I'm an American with an opinion. That should be enough qualification in itself, right? :rolleyes:

Here's what's stupid:

People who don't understand how a labor project is manned, managed, and completed, trying to give their opinion on ANY of those things.

Any construction project is going to include the highly skilled, and the least skilled. That's just a foregone conclusion. There will be entry level apprentice workers, because they are cheap labor, they are getting on the job training, and they are completing the grunt work that is inevitable on any kind of construction project. They dig holes, ditches, transport tools, they even drive the vehicles around. They carry the heavy materials around, they push the wheel barrows, and they make the coffee runs.

To assume, for whatever reason, that these projects weren't already going to include minorities and the less skilled, is what was retarded to begin with.

Hey Jill, I've got some opinions on how court cases should be staffed, and how the proceedings should go. I'm not a lawyer, but hey, so what? How about if I come into your office sometime and start delegating tasks. I mean, I'm an American with an opinion. That should be enough qualification in itself, right? :rolleyes:

Correct ... but at rate pay!
and there will be more desirable/skilled workers looked over to fill quotas. Nothing should be handed to anyone that doesn't deserve it and receiving a good paying job because you are a minority while there are so many others with skills out of work is bull shit.
Yes anyone can dig a hole and do grunt work, but if there is a family to feed and bills to continue to be paid is what they ought to be looking at. In other words not someone that has been collecting welfare and unemployment, but rather working their butt off thinking they were secure and living the american dream only to find they GOT SCREWED ...

Race shouldn't have even brought up----It has nothing to do with the goal.

That's actually a very GOOD POINT.

No. It's silliness to ignore demographics.

Not nearly so silly as giving idiots the opportunity to call you out as a racist, Jill, which is what Rangel did.

Yes you and I both know that if ONLY infrastructure projects are funded that the majority of money will go to White males, but there really was no excuse (other than not thinking before speaking) to say what Rangel said.

He certainly could have expressed himself better, but the truth is there's more permanent unemployment among less skilled workers and minority populations.

And THAT is what he should have said.

So while race, per se, has nothing to do with the goals, where jobs should be created certainly does... or should we pretend otherwise?

Yes race should have nothing to do with out goals in this case.

The mission here isn't affirmative action, it's getting money back into the economy in a way that helps the economy, the people AND gives us some benefit for the investment, too.

But the fact is that Rangel is race obsessed, and his words exposed him to this ridicule and by exposing his own prejudice he undermines the extremely good point he was attempting to make.

Last edited:
Here's what's stupid:

Correct ... but at rate pay!
and there will be more desirable/skilled workers looked over to fill quotas. Nothing should be handed to anyone that doesn't deserve it and receiving a good paying job because you are a minority while there are so many others with skills out of work is bull shit.
Yes anyone can dig a hole and do grunt work, but if there is a family to feed and bills to continue to be paid is what they ought to be looking at. In other words not someone that has been collecting welfare and unemployment, but rather working their butt off thinking they were secure and living the american dream only to find they GOT SCREWED ...

I don't know about rates for your unions, but around here, a first year apprentice makes ~$10/hr, depending on the union. I know a painter starts out at around $10/hr, and is making about $20 by the second year. Full Rate is something like $35/hr, and I happen to think labor trades are WORTH that kind of money, if you're a good worker. Many take advantage of it and have crappy work ethics, but many EARN that money.

I'm not a union fan myself, but a carpenter deserves to make at least $20/hr if he's skilled and works hard. That's an honest wage.

I understand your point about picking based on race. I don't agree it should just go to whoever someone thinks "deserves" it though. A job is going to be manned based on efficiency. And it will also be manned politically, unfortunately, ESPECIALLY with union contracts.

Last edited:
n Open Letter to Rush Limbaugh, Sean Hannity, and Michelle Malkin

In a time like this, when tempers are riding high and many Americans are close to panic about their jobs and finances, you have a special responsibility to consider the accuracy of what you say and the consequences of inflammatory and erroneous statements. In the last few days, manifestly distorting my words and pulling them out of context, you have accused me of wanting to exclude white males from jobs generated by the stimulus package. Anyone who takes a moment to examine what I actually said and wrote knows this to be an absurd misrepresentation of my position (see this). My goal is and has always been to create as many opportunities for as wide a group as possible, and not exclude anyone from access. There is and has never been any ambiguity about this. The hate mail I have received since your broadcast suggests that the mischievous consequences of your demagoguery are potentially dangerous, in addition to being destructive of rational and constructive political discourse. I urge you to take responsibility for your words. Words and ideas have real world consequences, and you have demonstrated a cavalier disregard for both.

If you can't find something to smear you opponent with, the either distort what they said or just fucking make it up: The Limbaugh Creed

In a time like this, when tempers are riding high and many Americans are close to panic about their jobs and finances, you have a special responsibility to consider the accuracy of what you say and the consequences of inflammatory and erroneous statements. In the last few days, manifestly distorting my words and pulling them out of context, you have accused me of wanting to exclude white males from jobs generated by the stimulus package. Anyone who takes a moment to examine what I actually said and wrote knows this to be an absurd misrepresentation of my position (see this). My goal is and has always been to create as many opportunities for as wide a group as possible, and not exclude anyone from access. There is and has never been any ambiguity about this. The hate mail I have received since your broadcast suggests that the mischievous consequences of your demagoguery are potentially dangerous, in addition to being destructive of rational and constructive political discourse. I urge you to take responsibility for your words. Words and ideas have real world consequences, and you have demonstrated a cavalier disregard for both.

If you can't find something to smear you opponent with, the either distort what they said or just fucking make it up: The Limbaugh Creed

Sorry -- I didn't see who that quote was by--little help someone?

The below video from President Obama's economic advisor Reich speaks for itself.

YouTube - Explosive Video Reich, Obamas economic advisor no "White Male Construction Workers"

The core of our economic problem right now is that neither businesses nor consumers can get the credit they need for the economy to recover quickly, and I see nothing in the Obama recovery package that addresses this problem. Nearly all of it seems to go to giving some relief, mostly to consumers, while the economy continues to reel under this credit crunch. It seems the Obama administration thinks this problem will be corrected by market adjustments over time and they are taking this as an opportunity to spend money on projects, some of them worthwhile, that they would not have be able to get without the recession as a pretext.

Any stimulus that doesn't have as its primary feature, fixing the housing market is completely worthless and useless as an economic stimulus.

If you are going to attack infrastructure issues then do it as an infrastructure investment programs, but it's NOT an economic stimulus program for the overall economy. Bad infrastructure had nothing to do with starting this crisis, and fixing infrastructure will do nothing to solve it. All it will do is give us new bridges and better roads.

The below video from President Obama's economic advisor Reich speaks for itself.

YouTube - Explosive Video Reich, Obamas economic advisor no "White Male Construction Workers"

The core of our economic problem right now is that neither businesses nor consumers can get the credit they need for the economy to recover quickly, and I see nothing in the Obama recovery package that addresses this problem. Nearly all of it seems to go to giving some relief, mostly to consumers, while the economy continues to reel under this credit crunch. It seems the Obama administration thinks this problem will be corrected by market adjustments over time and they are taking this as an opportunity to spend money on projects, some of them worthwhile, that they would not have be able to get without the recession as a pretext.

Not too many Americans are in the road & bridge building industry. Regardless, all states & localities have different structures regarding licensing contractors & workers regarding this type work. It takes a very long time for engineering & design, plans, contractor bids, permits, etc.

Throwing all this money at roads & bridges does nothing for the thousands that are being laid off at Sprint, Home Depot, Micro-soft, Intel, in retail or restaurants, etc. etc.

The best way to get this economy moving again is to give corporate tax cuts. Right now our corporate tax rate is obscene at 35%--the highest in the world. Give a capital gains tax cut--to stop the hemoraging of our markets. Give tax incentives to those who buy energy efficient new autos. And finally, if there is any way to get 30 year fixed mortgages down in the 4% range, our economy would explode into new growth.

Last edited:

Any stimulus that doesn't have as its primary feature, fixing the housing market is completely worthless and useless as an economic stimulus.

If you are going to attack infrastructure issues then do it as an infrastructure investment programs, but it's NOT an economic stimulus program for the overall economy. Bad infrastructure had nothing to do with starting this crisis, and fixing infrastructure will do nothing to solve it. All it will do is give us new bridges and better roads.

You're right. The Obama administration is using the same tactics as President Hoover, who blew it, then Roosevelt who acted like Hoover on steroids regarding new bridges, dams & roads. The only thing this did according to historians--was we went from the word "depression" to the "great depression". In other words, by their actions--it actually made the depression much longer than it should have been.

The problem: In the 1930's we had very little infracstructure-bridges, dams & roads were a good thing. Today in 2009 we have 4 lane highways that criss-cross this nation, & wherever there was a need for a bridge--it's already there.

There's "no change" here, just a carbon copy of something that was done in the 1930's that is irrelavent to our needs of today.

Last edited:

Sorry -- I didn't see who that quote was by--little help someone?
likely that little weasle Reich

trying to save face after his fuckup

Last time I went by a major construction project half the workers appeared to be Latinos

You must be in a mid to northern state .. Cali, NM, AZ, TEXAS etc are 95% or more latino and 50% or more illegal. Id watch them get picked up taken away and back next week!!!
They dont pay taxes and spend their money back home to make a better life there.
So why do they get minority status here? Taking jobs from tax paying citizens and fucking the economy up.

So a bullshit thread is now down to fuck them illegal minorities.

It was from Reich. And what he said is not the way it is being spinned, but what's new about that.

Last time I went by a major construction project half the workers appeared to be Latinos

I own a painting company, and I have a Mexican who works for me. He's one of the best painters and overall workers I've ever seen. And I've seen a fucking LOT of losers come through in my time. Work is really slow right now and I'm afraid I'm going to eventually lose him to somewhere else. He's legal, of course, but he proves that race or ethnicity has nothing to do with skill.

In fact, the latinos have the best work ethics as far as labor trades are concerned. They'll bust their ass for you and they're loyal. You don't get no-call-no-shows from the Mexicans. They'll fucking work 7 days a week and stay late everyday for you.

I'm still waiting for proof, as I have been for over a year, of a specific instance when Rush has lied.

Still waiting. It's been a long wait.

And this old very skilled white male fully supports the idea.

WHAT idea? Screwing whites and boosting everyone else?

This is the problem with the white race: most of its members are four-square for the genocide of their own people. They're so fucking cowardly and brainwashed to believe that they're the source of all evil on the planet that they mouth support for affirmative action, bow before multiculturalism, and vote for Obama in the quivering hope that they'll be "forgiven" for their race.

I am sick of it.

Whites are human beings. They aren't perfect and slavery sure was a big mistake, but that's long gone. Whites today have a right to exist. They have a right to live in a country that their ancestors built and bled for. They don't owe any other race a goddamn thing. They owe blacks a boat ticket back. They owe Hispanics a humane bus ride back to Mexico. Face it: these races have to come to the countries WE BUILT to get ahead. You never see whites flocking to Haiti and leeching of its welfare system (if it has one). White guilt makes the whole thing go.

Robert Reich is a pathetic little Jew who owes his life to white gentiles who fork over tax dollars so he can turn around and screw them out of what they're owed. On the list of fuckers I'd kill slow on the day of reckoning, he's moved up a few notches.

Last edited:

Actually, from what I hear the economic problem is that neither business nor consumers want to borrow money. They arent applying for loans and hence cant borrow money. They are averse to risk right now.

Forum List

Back