Regulation is Out of Control

This is ridiculous! Ugh!

A few months ago the Obama Justice Department brought charges against Continental and six other oil companies in North Dakota for causing the death of 28 migratory birds, in violation of the Migratory Bird Act. Continental's crime was killing one bird "the size of a sparrow" in its oil pits. The charges carry criminal penalties of up to six months in jail. "It's not even a rare bird. There're jillions of them," he explains. He says that "people in North Dakota are really outraged by these legal actions," which he views as "completely discriminatory" because the feds have rarely if ever prosecuted the Obama administration's beloved wind industry, which kills hundreds of thousands of birds each year.
The Weekend Interview with Harold Hamm: How North Dakota Became Saudi Arabia - WSJ.com

Sounds typical to me.

Three Felonies a Day? Say It Ain’t So, Fellow Citizens! - Law Blog - WSJ

With Eric Holder as Attorney General, this doesn't surprise me at all. He refuses to go after Black panthers wielding billy clubs at polling stations, but prosecutes an "evil" oil company for "murdering" a bird? What world do these fucks live in?

Yet another reason why we need to get rid of Obama.

laugh3.gif

"Regulation" is generally a term for what the Executive Branch does through various 'boards.' There is nothing in your life today that is not 'regulated' by some board. Look around your house and your will not be able to find one thing in it that isn't 'regulated.'

But most folks get so busy pretending to be Constitutional scholars that they are completely unaware of this unseen hand of the Executive Branch creeping into their lives every day of their lives!

"Regulation" is generally a term for what the Executive Branch does through various 'boards.' There is nothing in your life today that is not 'regulated' by some board. Look around your house and your will not be able to find one thing in it that isn't 'regulated.'

But most folks get so busy pretending to be Constitutional scholars that they are completely unaware of this unseen hand of the Executive Branch creeping into their lives every day of their lives!

So that makes it OK?

This is ridiculous! Ugh!

A few months ago the Obama Justice Department brought charges against Continental and six other oil companies in North Dakota for causing the death of 28 migratory birds, in violation of the Migratory Bird Act. Continental's crime was killing one bird "the size of a sparrow" in its oil pits. The charges carry criminal penalties of up to six months in jail. "It's not even a rare bird. There're jillions of them," he explains. He says that "people in North Dakota are really outraged by these legal actions," which he views as "completely discriminatory" because the feds have rarely if ever prosecuted the Obama administration's beloved wind industry, which kills hundreds of thousands of birds each year.

The Weekend Interview with Harold Hamm: How North Dakota Became Saudi Arabia - WSJ.com

I'd like some confirmation of the above charge.

Yes the quote comes from this article, but the quote is hearsay, not facts that we can confirm.

Is this charge, true? We don't know

Is this charge the whole story? WE don't know.

This is ridiculous! Ugh!

Yes the quote comes from this article, but the quote is hearsay, not facts that we can confirm.

Debate point by denial. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Oil companies face new regulations to save birds - BusinessWeek

The companies, set to be arraigned Thursday in U.S. District Court in Bismarck, are: Slawson Exploration Co. of Wichita, Kan.; ConocoPhillips Co. of Houston; Newfield Production Co. of Houston; Brigham Oil and Gas of Williston; Continental Resources Inc. of Enid, Okla.; Fidelity Exploration & Production Co. of Denver; and Petro Hunt of Dallas.

Timothy Purdon, the U.S. Attorney for North Dakota who brought the charges, has said the allegations "should be troubling to those interested in preserving North Dakota's rich heritage of hunting and fishing and to the many oil companies who work hard to follow the laws protecting our wildlife."

While separate from the federal charges, the new regulations are in line with the Migratory Bird Treaty Act that aims to protect birds migrating between the U.S. and Canada, under which Purdon charged the oil companies. The maximum penalty is six months in prison and a $15,000 fine.

I suppose doing a search would have been to hard for you. Your welcome.

This is ridiculous! Ugh!

:lol: The Migratory Bird Act has been around since 1918.

This is ridiculous! Ugh!

Then it has been out of control for 93 years...

I would be interested in knowing how often this has happened. For example, were oil companies being prosecuted for the same thing in, say, 1927?

This is ridiculous! Ugh!

Meanwhile, Obama's "green energy" wind farms are killing birds by the millions.

The Obama administration is obviously deliberately persecuting the oil business.
Bullshit. You've probably never seen a wind farm. Were you born an idiot or was it mucho trabajo ?

Don't come back with the stats from that oudated junk in Kalifornastan.

Meanwhile, Obama's "green energy" wind farms are killing birds by the millions.

The Obama administration is obviously deliberately persecuting the oil business.
Bullshit. You've probably never seen a wind farm. Were you born an idiot or was it mucho trabajo ?

Don't come back with the stats from that oudated junk in Kalifornastan.

Well if youre all that.

Post the updated ones....................

This is ridiculous! Ugh!

Awkward...:eusa_whistle:

Then it has been out of control for 93 years...

I would be interested in knowing how often this has happened. For example, were oil companies being prosecuted for the same thing in, say, 1927?
Dunno....but they were at least back in 2004.

US Taking Action to Enforce the Migratory Bird Treaty Act

We regulate the wrong people.

Personally I do not think this is entirely an organic accident.

Not really.

The questions are how has it been enforced and have there been amendments to the Act?

My guess - and its just a guess - is that oil companies weren't being prosecuted under the Act for a handful of birds dying in refuse pits 80 years ago. But I might be wrong, I don't know.

These regs have been on the books for decades, in one form or another. Why now, why North Dakota?
There's an employment boom going on there, real industrial activity, real jobs, real contributions to GDP and the production of a commodity that reduces imports and puts hard currency into the pockets of the working pubilc as well as local state and federal coffers.

But no, fuck all that- on the drawing board is nearly $100 billion in tax penalties for the industy.
I tell you, this administration is so blatantly fucked up it's pathetic.

They know exactly what they are doing.
Their ideology is that America has become too rich and has taken all the wealth from all of the other countries.
They have to bring us down and redistribute to wealth to other countries.
That why Obama gave Venezuela money for their oil well, so that we become the customers to them.

Not really.

The questions are how has it been enforced and have there been amendments to the Act?

My guess - and its just a guess - is that oil companies weren't being prosecuted under the Act for a handful of birds dying in refuse pits 80 years ago. But I might be wrong, I don't know.

You aren't wrong.
Oil companies were not prosecuted for this as a rule. Even worse, windmill companies are not presently prosecuted for it even though they kill like thousands of birds every year, not one or two.
Since the killing was incidental to their operations and not the purpose of their operations they probably got a pass on prosecution.

Not really.

According to this link, going after oil companies for bird deaths started occuring in the 1970s.
http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sour...IjBHZGsOw&sig2=RibE0saz0Y94tU1yLPChbQ&cad=rja

So, blaming it on the current administration is simply partisan hackery.

So, have these oil companies been charged with anything? Has anyone gone to jail?

I would hope that SOMEONE is investigating why 80 birds died. When birds die because of a windmill...the cause is pretty apparent. (Zip...SPLAT) When a bunch just die from pollution, that has more widespread ramifications, don't you think?

This is ridiculous! Ugh!

Confirmation was provided.

http://www.usmessageboard.com/politics/187626-regulation-is-out-of-control.html#post4216497

This is ridiculous! Ugh!

Can you give a list of all the cases where it was used to prosecute people when birds were killed accidentally in normal business operations?

Forum List

Back