Redundancy

If you qualify in one state, why should you have to re-qualify in another state? Why are driver's licenses, which are a matter of mere privilege, reciprocal while carry permits, which reflect a constitutional right, are not?

Facebook criticised for promoting 'legal loophole' in US gun ownership laws

I think the word you were looking for is "reciprocity", not "redundancy".

Nope. Having to qualify again after you already have is redundant.

If you qualify in one state, why should you have to re-qualify in another state? Why are driver's licenses, which are a matter of mere privilege, reciprocal while carry permits, which reflect a constitutional right, are not?

Because every state allows driving stupid.

Not every state has the same gun laws

I see I did a fly-by. Wearing a hat, were you?

That's a stretch, but the judges have allowed it.:D

Of course, the East German judge disallowed it.

Last edited:

i think it's a good point.

I'm not sure you always had to. perhaps in the last century there were no such restrictions?
Honestly, I'd have to research that.

Anyone know?

I'm certain, however, that if the Dems had their way, you would not be able to carry ANY firearm away from your home.....if you could have one at all that is.

That's a stretch, but the judges have allowed it.

No stretch. Superfluous, repetitious.

Forum List

Back