Redistribution as Slavery

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Wehrwolfen, Dec 18, 2012.

1. Wehrwolfen

Wehrwolfen Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +339
    Redistribution as Slavery​

By Dean Kalahar
    December 18, 2012

The idea that we should take from those who have and give to those who don't is viewed as proper and just among liberals. In fact, if you do not subscribe to redistribution ideology, you are attacked as being greedy at best and racist at worst. The problem is that income redistribution in practice promotes one of the same moral injustices found under slavery.

As Thomas Sowell put it: "Not since the days of slavery have there been so many people who feel entitled to what other people have produced as there are in the modern welfare state."

If morality is defined by private property, meaning that a person has a right, based on natural law, to their person and their possessions, and if property is generated by the productive and wealth creating behavior of a person's labor, then it follows that it is an infringement on an individual's rights to use any force (murder, theft, rape, etc) to injure or take away one's property. Using the productivity of another for one's personal gain is immoral.

We can then extrapolate from this premise. If taking the productive output of a slave and using it for another's personal gain is immoral; then taking the productive output of any worker and using it for another's gain is also immoral, no matter what race, color, gender, or socio-economic status the producer happens to be.

Logic leads us to one conclusion. A modern form of slavery has been embedded within the welfare state. And no matter how you slice it, property theft to promote a false ideology of "fairness" or advance a twisted form of "compassion" to gain power is abhorrent. It does not matter how many ribbons and bows decorate the rhetoric of "Robin Hood" redistribution, the final analysis is the promotion of servitude.

Redistributive ideology is not about a safety net for the truly needy or the necessity of government to tax in order to perform its proper functions of protecting people, property, and enforcing the rule of law. President Obama may call redistributive efforts "economic justice," or "economic rights," but in the end, using the power of the state to confiscate property is as immoral as taking the wealth created by a slave to benefit the slave owner.

Those on the left will look you straight in the eye and profess they defend liberty and property; but one need only to read the words of the president in regards to his definition of "social justice."

"I think when you spread the wealth around, it's good for everybody"

"I actually believe in redistribution"

"Spreading the wealth around is good."

'Bring about significant re-distributional change"

"Actual coalition of powers through which you bring about redistributive change"

"I do not believe that those two things -- fair distribution and economic growth -- are mutually exclusive"

"I'm not optimistic about bringing about major redistributive change through the courts"

"The Supreme Court never ventured into the issues of redistribution of wealth, and of more basic issues such as political and economic justice in society."

"I think there was a tendency to lose track of the political and community organizing and activities on the ground that are able to put together the actual coalition of powers through which you bring about redistributive change."

And of course the classic lines "You didn't build that" and "those who do not pay their fair share" underline the president's belief that private property is available to be confiscated while ignoring the unalienable rights defined in the Declaration of Independence and the Constitution.

[Excerpt]

Read more:
    Articles: Redistribution as Slavery

• Thank You! Thank You! x 2
  2. Duped

Duped Senior Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +672
    So the case is that liberals are a bunch of thieving assholes - I concur :clap2:

3. BlindBoo

BlindBoo Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,389
    Wow. Another falsehood. Redistribution through taxation is not a bit like slavery. But of course it's Thomas Sowell who just never gets it right anyway.

4. tooAlive

tooAlive Silver Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +214
    Unless you live in a totalitarian dictatorship and you are taxed at gunpoint.

Then yes, it could be considered slavery.

5. ShaklesOfBigGov

ShaklesOfBigGov Restore the Republic

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,313

Anytime your "lifestyle habits" or dependence is based upon the actions of your Federal Government with the attitude of what it simply can provide for you, the concept of individual liberty, accountability, and responsibility simply doesn't exist. Some would rather dump their problems upon their government, and allow those more responsible to pay for it in the form of "giving just a little bit more" to the IRS (A phrase that's a bit of a joke, as I have yet to see anyone give freely to their government..... least of all a liberal.)

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  6. BlindBoo

BlindBoo Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,389
    Redistribution of tax funds for whatever purpose, roads, education, police, foriegn interventions, or even, ("gasp", a financial saftey net for poor down on their luck individuals) in simply not like slavery. Not even a little bit.

7. Koios

Koios Recreational Kibitzer

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +116
    What a fucking dweeb. This guy is a teacher in Sarasota, FL of high school social studies and who is obviously drunk on Righty koolaid, and yet he bills himself as "teaches economics and psychology..." when trying to sell his books to other retards drinking the same fucking koolaid.

I'm rolling

8. Dick Tuck

Dick Tuck Board Troll

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +502
    Maybe we should enter that part of the Communist Manifesto into our Constitution, that guarantees everyone a job. The author of this article is a fucking fruit cake. Society needs cash to function. Our taxation of income is based on those with the most disposable income are taxed at higher rates. Nothing is unfair about that. It's not like the good old days where they took some part of the crops of their poor to pay for government.

9. ShaklesOfBigGov

ShaklesOfBigGov Restore the Republic

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,313
    Tell that to Sandra Fluke. A college student can't afford to pay for birth control so lets make it a health issue? If you don't agree, then you must be attacking women's rights. What about if I decide I want the government to pay for my gym membership because I desire to live a healthier lifestyle? Since I am a male, does that constitute a war on men? Where do you want the "freebees", that a more responsible individual must pay for, end?

As far as a financial safety net..... you never plan by setting aside funds while the economy is good for a rainy day? Homeowners in the past did the "responsible" thing, and downsized to a smaller home they can afford. They educate themselves and discover if they are signing a low FIXED income loan or an Adjustable Rate loan, BEFORE they sign on with the bank lender. So the fact that you are irresponsible, I should step in for your poor financial spending habits?

Also with all the government programs that the Democrats make the claim actually "help" the poor.... can you give me a statistic (just one), that shows how many have actually benefited and moved beyond government assistance, to actually becoming responsible productive citizens with their own job and contributing back to the Federal Government that helped them.... through taxes?

Last edited: Dec 18, 2012
  10. BlindBoo

BlindBoo Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,389
    Taxes do not pay for Birth Control, that is included in the health care premiums. If you can get your insurance company to pay for you gym membership more power to ya.

Why do you try to make it personal as if you personally would be coming to the aid of some down on their luck person who needs a handout for what ever reason.

Taxes pay for alot more that government assistance programs.

Not slavery. Not even close to slavery.