Record Cold In Australia

It is still BSk for my region.

You apparently have no idea how WIDE weather events cycles over time and still not change the climate of the region.

You think that a small snowpack downward trend over 4 decades is climate change when the classification of the region in question remains the same now as it was in the 1950's.

It still snows a lot in the same areas after decades of oscillating from high (Record snow at paradise lodge in 1971) to just 10% of the average snowfall totals in one year yet the climate is still the same since it is still cold and snowy in the mountains and the glaciers oscillates back and forth in the regions as it is normal phenomenon.

It is clear you think any change at all is proof of climate change when it is just weather oscillating around an average over a few decades time.
I agree with you that's how they look at it. That's why one hot day is global warming always. Even though for the previous week it was below normal. One day and wow global warming. And it's every fking one of em.

And you think that unless there is a classification change there is no climate change at all. That is like saying "well, he is still a human so he has not changed at all in the last 30 years"

Whatever you want to call it, people other than you are noticing it happening and are taking steps to adapt to it. You should thank them for not being as ignorant as you.

Your stupidity is very high today here is what BSk means:

Cold semi-arid climates (type "BSk") tend to be located in elevated portions of temperate zones, typically bordering a humid continental climate or a Mediterranean climate. They are also typically found in continental interiors some distance from large bodies of water. Cold semi-arid climates usually feature warm to hot dry summers, though their summers are typically not quite as hot as those of hot semi-arid climates. Unlike hot semi-arid climates, areas with cold semi-arid climates tend to have cold and possibly freezing winters. These areas usually see some snowfall during the winter, though snowfall is much lower than at locations at similar latitudes with more humid climates.

BSh:

Hot semi-arid climates (type "BSh") tend to be located in the 20s and 30s latitudes of the tropics and subtropics, typically in proximity to regions with a tropical savanna or a humid subtropical climate. These climates tend to have hot, sometimes extremely hot, summers and warm to cool winters, with some to minimal precipitation. Hot semi-arid climates are most commonly found around the fringes of subtropical deserts.

The difference between the two is actually small yet it will NOT happen even with "climate change" because it is too far north for it while we have two active polar regions.

The other desert climate types of BWk and BWh

Cold desert climates (BWk) usually feature hot (or warm in a few instances), dry summers, though summers are not typically as hot as hot desert climates. Unlike hot desert climates, cold desert climates tend to feature cold, dry winters. Snow tends to be rare and sporadic in regions with this climate. The Gobi Desert in Mongolia is one great example of cold deserts. Though hot in the summer, it shares the very cold winters of the rest of Central Asia. Cold desert climates are typically found at higher altitudes than hot desert climates and are usually drier than hot desert climates.

and,

Hot desert climates (BWh) are typically found under the subtropical ridge in the lower middle latitudes or the subtropics, often between 20° and 33° north and south latitudes. In these locations, stable descending air and high pressure aloft clear clouds and create hot, arid conditions with intense sunshine. Hot desert climates are found across vast areas of North Africa, the Middle East, northwestern parts of the Indian Subcontinent, interior Australia, and smaller areas of the Southwestern United States, and Chile. This makes hot deserts present in every continent except Antarctica, with Almería in Southern Spain also having this climate.

=====

Your stupidity and ignorance is stunning since I just showed the existing FOUR desert type classifications which shows why there can't be any climate change in my region since it is dry by default and will remain so far into the future by Geology, the long running rain shadow and the Polar regions being cold and icy.

Last edited:
Your stupidity and ignorance is stunning since I just showed the existing FOUR desert type classifications which shows why there can't be any climate change in my region since it is dry by default and will remain so far into the future by Geology, the long running rain shadow and the Polar regions being cold and icy.

The only thing stunning here is that you think if there is no classification change then there is no change at all.

It is such a bizarre position to hold, but you seem damn proud of it

The only thing stunning here is that you think if there is no classification change then there is no change at all.

It is such a bizarre position to hold, but you seem damn proud of it

BWAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

You didn't address any of what I posted here just scream is all you can do.

"Your stupidity and ignorance is stunning since I just showed the existing FOUR desert type classifications which shows why there can't be any climate change in my region since it is dry by default and will remain so far into the future by Geology, the long running rain shadow and the Polar regions being cold and icy."

You have no idea how ignorant you are since what I posted it correct and based on real Geology of the region

Rain Shadow of Eastern Washington caused by the high Cascade range

Washington (state) - Geography - Climate - Rain Shadow Effects

Geology of the State

Rain Shadow

and,

1654882858887.png

Lets see if you can find the CASCADE Range?

Figure 4 - Rain Shadow Effect

The rain shadow effect is a phenomenon caused by the forced lifting of air over a topographic barrier, such as the Cascade Mountains. When this type of lifting occurs, it is called orographic lifting. In Washington, storms usually move in off the Pacific Ocean and travel over Seattle and the rest of the Puget Sound before slamming into the western slopes of the Cascades. This is called the windward side of the mountains. Since the moist air cannot move through or beneath the mountains, it is forced to rise over the mountain slopes. When this happens, adiabatic cooling often creates clouds and abundant precipitation.

LINK

=====

It will always be a desert/semi desert in most of Eastern Washington when the Cascade Range continue to exist blocking most of the moisture flow which it has for most of the last MILLION years.

You should slink away now.

It will always be a desert/semi desert in most of Eastern Washington when the Cascade Range continue to exist blocking most of the moisture flow which it has for most of the last MILLION years.

You should slink away now.

Yes it will always be that. And its climate will still have on going changes that you will pretend are not happening.

This is akin to saying there are no changes between a 10 year old human and a 50 year old human since they will still human.

You should have stopped while you were behind

Yes it will always be that. And its climate will still have on going changes that you will pretend are not happening.

This is akin to saying there are no changes between a 10 year old human and a 50 year old human since they will still human.

You should have stopped while you were behind

LOL you go on and on with ZERO counterpoints to my arguments which means you have NOTHING to run with.

You didn't address anything I posted because YOU KNOW you have no valid counterpoint to make since I effectively showed WHY the region is dry by default of Geology alone which will NOT change for a long time into the future BECAUSE of that Mountain Range.

The Rain Shadow phenomenon is a default situation that will always keep Eastern Washington dry because of that high Mountain range that has been there a nice Million years.

It was a desert/semi desert when Lake Missoula periodically flush a large volume of water that scars the region of Eastern Washington,

The Channeled Scablands

1654884732645.png

I have been at Dry Falls an impressive giant water fall relic of the past.

Last edited:
The term global warming refers to the change in Earths surface temperature due to greenhouse gas emissions. The term was first used in the 70s but didn’t encapsulate all of the science and factors around a changing climate so the term “climate change” became the more widely used and accepted term.
In the 70s it was global cooling. Lmao

The term global warming refers to the change in Earths surface temperature due to greenhouse gas emissions. The term was first used in the 70s but didn’t encapsulate all of the science and factors around a changing climate so the term “climate change” became the more widely used and accepted term.
It should be called polar warming.

So what’s the answer to my great question?
WTF?
Warming air is high pressure, colder air is low pressure.
The jet stream is colder air, high pressure being higher temperature affects the jet stream by going around it, instead of though it.
So, the jet stream moves one way or the other depending on high pressure.
Either bringing in higher temperatures, on the southern part of it or cooler temperatures on the northern side of it.
The same with rain, snow, storm fronts and hurricanes.

WTF?
Warming air is high pressure, colder air is low pressure.
The jet stream is colder air, high pressure being higher temperature affects the jet stream by going around it, instead of though it.
So, the jet stream moves one way or the other depending on high pressure.
Either bringing in higher temperatures, on the southern part of it or cooler temperatures on the northern side of it.
The same with rain, snow, storm fronts and hurricanes.
So that’s the reason why it’s called global warming? Even though the warming occurs disproportionately at the higher latitudes?

So that’s the reason why it’s called global warming? Even though the warming occurs disproportionately at the higher latitudes?

Yes, the earth spins.
Faster at the equator, that's why hurricanes mover from the equator outward dissipating heat try to equalize the pressure.

That equalizing isn't working and dissipates that extra heat further north or south than normal (?) towards the poles and everything in-between.

Yes, the earth spins.
Faster at the equator, that's why hurricanes mover from the equator outward dissipating heat try to equalize the pressure.

That equalizing isn't working and dissipates that extra heat further north or south than normal (?) towards the poles and everything in-between.
I see… so why are the polar regions colder?

So, what you are saying is that the climate on the globe is constantly changing...except for Eastern Washington where it there is no change taking place at all?

Really, that is the hill you want to die on?

As for what is really happening in EASTERN WASHINGTON

Among the findings listed in the brief for Washington state:

• On average, spring snowpack has declined about 30 percent from 1955 to 2016.
  • In the North Cascades, the total area occupied by glaciers has decreased more than 56 percent since 1900.
  • At Friday Harbor in northern Puget Sound, sea level has risen more than 4 inches since 1934, with other amounts at other locations.
  • Peak streamflow is coming earlier in the year — up to 20 days earlier in 2002 compared to 1948 in the most snow-dominated watersheds of Puget Sound.
  • Coastal waters are warming — between 0.9 and 1.8 degrees Fahrenheit from 1990 to 2012 — while the Pacific Ocean and Puget Sound are shifting toward more acidic conditions with effects on a variety of species.

Oh, and I never said a word about CO2

It appears that snowpack is doing better than claimed by your blog as Meteorologist Dr. Mass showed no trend for Snowfall:

The Northwest Snowpack Trend of the Past Fifty Years: The Truth May Surprise You

Forum List

Back