really obnoxious commercials

Sep 12, 2008
Local phone untility (Quest) is running ads promoting its wifi service.

The routine of the add is that someone is off in a place leeching wifi in a place they shouldn't be. Like a nuclear power control station, a french language class, a hospital delivery room, etc. If you buy the card and get the service, you have wife wherever.

I can't afford the service anyway, so my opinion doesn't matter much, but if I could afford it, I wouldn't get it from Qwest.

I hate the jewelry store commercial where the couple is in a cabin in the woods, there's a thunder clap, and the woman eeks like a little bitch and jumps into "Manly's" arms. Then he tells her, "I'm right here," presents her with a ring, and continues, "and I always will be."
YAK!
And does that last part sound like a threat to anyone but me?!

some one will make a fourtune on a voice activated device that cuts the commercial's volume, which always seems to be much louder, no laws agin it ...... this is really a hot topic, i predict that your post will be one of the most responded to..... remember ring around the collar? apparently the more insidious the ad the more effective. i think the ally bank ads are really creepy. they make the children (exploited) look rather sickly. the lastest madison avenue tet offensive is the "i demand" series which have been played back to back, truly maniacal. commercials can be effective even if they are clever and low intensity. the overplaying of any commercial will turn it mean. but........ remember the nice pepsi commercial with "granma has a surprise for you" with the puppies... [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bQYEDLef9iQ[/ame] i still think this is the greatest tv. commercial ever made... from a simpler time

Last edited:
Local phone untility (Quest) is running ads promoting its wifi service.

The routine of the add is that someone is off in a place leeching wifi in a place they shouldn't be. Like a nuclear power control station, a french language class, a hospital delivery room, etc. If you buy the card and get the service, you have wife wherever.

I can't afford the service anyway, so my opinion doesn't matter much, but if I could afford it, I wouldn't get it from Qwest.

I love the ones about hover-round, zestra and activia. :cuckoo:

Nothing beats:

"Have a happy period!"

I'd have had happy periods only if the laws against homicide were suspended one week every month. Idijits.

OMG YES! :bowdown:

That is the stupidest thing I've ever seen!

I do like the rebuttal to it though:

"And on the third day, we like to dance...' :lol:

Gunny:
I love the ones about hover-round, zestra and activia.

The Hover-round is especially fucked up. I actually worked with a perfectly healthy (if lazy as hell) male who wanted one just to save steps. Just what a sedentary lifestyle needs, another route to inability and skin problems.

some one will make a fourtune on a voice activated device that cuts the commercials volume, which always seems to be much louder, no laws agin it

hahaha, it may not be voice activated but there is a simple device that not only lowers the sound of comercials but gets rid of them altogether...the digital video recorder. $100 at WalMart

some one will make a fourtune on a voice activated device that cuts the commercials volume, which always seems to be much louder, no laws agin it

hahaha, it may not be voice activated but there is a simple device that not only lowers the sound of comercials but gets rid of them altogether...the digital video recorder. $100 at WalMart

Odd, I have a remote that came with the cable box (or tv), it lowers or mutes the volume, and costs nothing. :eusa_shhh:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5TnbYn25fz4]YouTube - gordo.wmv[/ame] you might enjoy these they are really short... [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OvcqPNxnxd4]YouTube - last freecredit at last...[/ame]

I hate the ones that have childlike songs. It's just another ordinary miracle today ~~~ Or there is one where a guy is sitting there daydreaming and there's a song about remember when you were 5 and life was so easy then, blah, blah, blah. I don't even know the product or service being advertised after that long song.

I love the ones with stories like the woman in the new dress saying what do you think. The guy says we should get away, use the credit card points for a vacation. Anyway it ends up they can't use the money for a vacation because she used it for that dress.

Stories are the best. :)

Forum List

Back