Zone1 Reality Check on Easter

I've always found folks who have a need to trash the faith of others to be interesting. Usually something significant missing in their lives.

I'll probably go to hell for this, but yeah, as long as they don't try to bring their idols into my church.

Eating ham for Easter is intended to mock the Jews. Over the years the passover/Easter thing has gotten all mixed up. Even the early translators were so convinced that Easter was a legitimate holy day that they mistranslated passover, calling it Easter. Just for fun try substituting Easter for passover in the other 27 N.T. verses where pasha is referenced.

Easter G3957

Lexicon :: Strong's G3957 - pascha

speaker3_a.svg

KJV Translation Count — Total: 29x
The KJV translates Strong's G3957 in the following manner: Passover (28x), Easter (1x).
Outline of Biblical Usage [?]
  1. the paschal sacrifice (which was accustomed to be offered for the people's deliverance of old from Egypt)
  2. the paschal lamb, i.e. the lamb the Israelites were accustomed to slay and eat on the fourteenth day of the month of Nisan (the first month of their year) in memory of the day on which their fathers, preparing to depart from Egypt, were bidden by God to slay and eat a lamb, and to sprinkle their door posts with its blood, that the destroying angel, seeing the blood, might pass over their dwellings; Christ crucified is likened to the slain paschal lamb
  3. the paschal supper
  4. the paschal feast, the feast of the Passover, extending from the 14th to the 20th day of the month Nisan

Last edited:

Easter

This word occurs only once in the Bible (Acts 12:4) and then would be better translated “Passover.” The word Easter is from Eastre, a Norse goddess whose pagan festival was observed at the spring equinox. The association of this pagan goddess with the celebration of the Resurrection of Jesus Christ was only by adaptation and synthesis. There is no real connection. Jesus, being the Lamb of God, was crucified at Passover time and is the true Passover (see 1 Cor. 5:7). He was raised from the grave on the third day thereafter. It thus became a springtime anniversary and has come to be called Easter in the Christian world.

I've always found folks who have a need to trash the faith of others to be interesting. Usually something significant missing in their lives.
yes missing my rights to my temple, the church supresses that right for Jews to have the Mikdash. Just about EVERY CULTURE has a central source platform for their religion but us Jews are not granted equal rights.

Easter

This word occurs only once in the Bible (Acts 12:4) and then would be better translated “Passover.” The word Easter is from Eastre, a Norse goddess whose pagan festival was observed at the spring equinox. The association of this pagan goddess with the celebration of the Resurrection of Jesus Christ was only by adaptation and synthesis. There is no real connection. Jesus, being the Lamb of God, was crucified at Passover time and is the true Passover (see 1 Cor. 5:7). He was raised from the grave on the third day thereafter. It thus became a springtime anniversary and has come to be called Easter in the Christian world.
Does the celebration of Easter today help bring people to God or push them away from God?

What say you?

yes missing my rights to my temple, the church supresses that right for Jews to have the Mikdash. Just about EVERY CULTURE has a central source platform for their religion but us Jews are not granted equal rights.
The issue is people selling out to the state.

1 Samuel 8 tells us the story of the Jewish people demanding a king.

I'm sure you know it.

It never turns out well for Jews or for the rest of us.

Does the celebration of Easter today help bring people to God or push them away from God?

What say you?
I say certain fantasy descriptions and legends turn people away the more educated they get the worse the reaction to exaggerations of mystical lores.

I say certain fantasy descriptions and legends turn people away the more educated they get the worse the reaction to exaggerations of mystical lores.
Would you say that Christianity has brougtht the Torah to more of the world than the Jewish faith?

This is something Dennis Prager says and he is a Jew, but he does not hate Christians like you do.

I think it gives people a false sense of spiritual security.
Easter is a chance to invite people to church and hear about God, something the secular world never really thinks about.

What am I missing here?

What say you?
Depends on how one celebrates Easter. In my family we celebrate Easter as the time when Jesus was crucified and raised from the dead to bring salvation to all mankind. The resurrection of Jesus will bring immortality back to all mankind who have received a body on this earth through the resurrection of their bodies. Jesus' atoning sacrifice brings us the opportunity to repent and be forgiven of sins that will allow us entrance into the kingdom of heaven.

I think that having Easter egg hunts and family dinners is ok because it brings families together in celebration and spending time together. Not sure that people really think of Easter as a time to shun the true and living God or that it draws them away from Him. However, I think that remembering our Savior and rejoicing in his Holy Sacrifice and Resurrection for us and worshipping the one true God is a good practice on every Easter Holiday!

Depends on how one celebrates Easter. In my family we celebrate Easter as the time when Jesus was crucified and raised from the dead to bring salvation to all mankind. The resurrection of Jesus will bring immortality back to all mankind who have received a body on this earth through the resurrection of their bodies. Jesus' atoning sacrifice brings us the opportunity to repent and be forgiven of sins that will allow us entrance into the kingdom of heaven.

I think that having Easter egg hunts and family dinners is ok because it brings families together in celebration and spending time together. Not sure that people really think of Easter as a time to shun the true and living God or that it draws them away from Him. However, I think that remembering our Savior and rejoicing in his Holy Sacrifice and Resurrection for us and worshipping the one true God is a good practice on every Easter Holiday!
I think those that celebrate Easter are celebrating the only concept they have of God, no matter how right or wrong that concept may be.

What is the alternative? No thought towards God?

Easter is a chance to invite people to church and hear about God, something the secular world never really thinks about.

What am I missing here?
Perhaps the 'sign of the son of man' dilemma.

Speaking of which, Jesus mentioned how the prophets were martyred and oppressed by the Jewish people.

Was he correct?
Depends which of the many Christ figures you are calling Jesus.
Yeshu son of Mary of 100bc was not oppressed, but was punished for broken laws of that age which was liken to arresting Benny Hinn for Maggic show scams.
The tax revolting Galilean Christ Yehuda died 6bc was not oppressed, but was punished for his revolt by Rome, if any of his own people despised him it was because he was liken to Antifa, him and his followers would randsack payers of those Roman taxes houses and burn them. So turning him in to Rome is justified if that happened, but it also could be a Roman deflection of blame like Biden's regime does, used to demonize an opposing group that is revolting against the tyrany.
Theudas by the River Jordan in the Pilate era died 35ad was not oppressed, he was Crucified by Rome for his revolt against Rome.

Well if you are hunting for something to worship then the Sun is right up there in the pecking order....It controls all. ;)
A Preppy From Paradise

Allah could have been borrowed from the Indo-European word for "sun," which comes out in Greek as helios. It's obvious that the Sun was the first thing to be thought of as a Supreme Being. It is even more advanced than subsequent religions, because people can see it and directly feel its effects, instead of making up stories that are so hard to believe that they are led to believe that their hereditary rulers are His visible representatives.

What makes Christians equally worship the Son of their god?

Forum List

Back