Real Immigrants

Unkotare

Diamond Member
Aug 16, 2011
There is a lot of talk around here about who immigrants are, what they want, what they think, what they are willing or unwilling to do, etc. but how much of that is based on actual, first-hand experience?

I can tell you from very long, personal experience working with immigrants of all sorts and every status that they are, in fact, human beings. This means nothing in particular regarding immigration law and/or the problems associated with illegal immigration and policies to address it, but it seems to be something often overlooked in discourse here.

:)
images

What do you think should be done?

*****SMILE*****

:)

There is a lot of talk around here about who immigrants are, what they want, what they think, what they are willing or unwilling to do, etc. but how much of that is based on actual, first-hand experience?

I can tell you from very long, personal experience working with immigrants of all sorts and every status that they are, in fact, human beings. This means nothing in particular regarding immigration law and/or the problems associated with illegal immigration and policies to address it, but it seems to be something often overlooked in discourse here.
I've had first hand experience and have sponsored my son n law............who is now a legal citizen of this country...............I know of the abuses and potential to be deported even though he was married by my daughter....................She didn't have the income to sponsor and I did..........................

To employers who abused them and threatened him with the INS..............and offered low pay or NO PAY for being 5 minutes left............In this case I was ready to deal with that employer myself..........................He left that job.............even though threatened........nothing happened to him..........I had a nice talk with the boss off the record.

I've worked with them on construction jobs...........trained them in a trade.................they are hard workers.............................Some now legal and some not.......................it is not about their work ethic...................nor that they are not human..........

Immigration is a numbers game..............and we can't allow the numbers that come here to keep coming...........We are a welfare state and they are financially killing us...........not to mention the drug trade and habitual criminals in the lot coming here................

Dealing with those already here cannot be done until we find a way to stim the flow...................or we invite even more here...........and we can't even employ our own people.................Secure the borer first.............then deal with those here after.

I've had first hand experience and have sponsored my son n law............who is now a legal citizen of this country...............I know of the abuses and potential to be deported even though he was married by my daughter....................She didn't have the income to sponsor and I did............................

???

I've had first hand experience and have sponsored my son n law............who is now a legal citizen of this country...............I know of the abuses and potential to be deported even though he was married by my daughter....................She didn't have the income to sponsor and I did............................

???

If he was married to your daughter, why would you need to sponsor?

???

If he was married to your daughter, why would you need to sponsor?
They still required him to get a sponsor........they said according to their rules.............They had the marriage papers..............but still required a sponsor and said her income level was too low................So I sponsored him.

You tell me why.............were they wrong via the law or something. I wouldn't mind knowing that if you can show me.

My parents married here, My great grand parents came here from Europe. My grandparents had to jump through a lot of hoops, unlike illegal aliens, following immigration laws, They converted from Judaism to Catholicism. To avoid REAL prejudice and progroms, not this phony anti illegal alien Mexican stuff. Funny you should ask. Did i spell that right and use the right grammar? Wow.

Naturalization for Spouses of U.S. Citizens USCIS

In general, you may qualify for naturalization under Section 319(a) of the Immigration and Nationality Act (INA) if you

• Have been a permanent resident (green card holder) for at least 3 years
  • Have been living in marital union with the same U.S. citizen spouse during such time
  • Meet all other eligibility requirements under this section
In certain cases, spouses of U.S. citizens employed abroad may qualify for naturalization regardless of their time as permanent residents. These spouses may qualify under Section 319(b) of the INA.

For more information, see USCIS Policy Manual Citizenship and Naturalization Guidance.

For information relating to spouses of military members, see our Members of the Military and Their Families page. Also for information about becoming a permanent resident or petitioning for family members, please visit our Green Card or Family webpages.

General Eligibility Requirements
To be eligible for naturalization pursuant to section 319(a) of the INA, an applicant must:

• Be 18 or older
  • Be a permanent resident (green card holder) for at least 3 years immediately preceding the date of filing Form N-400, Application for Naturalization
  • Have been living in marital union with the U.S. citizen spouse, who has been a U.S. citizen during all of such period, during the 3 years immediately preceding the date of filing the application and up until examination on the application
  • Have lived within the state, or USCIS district with jurisdiction over the applicant’s place of residence, for at least 3 months prior to the date of filing the application
  • Have continuous residence in the United States as a lawful permanent resident for at least 3 years immediately preceding the date of filing the application
  • Reside continuously within the United States from the date of application for naturalization until the time of naturalization
  • Be physically present in the United States for at least 18 months out of the 3 years immediately preceding the date of filing the application
  • Be able to read, write, and speak English and have knowledge and an understanding of U.S. history and government (also known as civics)
  • Be a person of good moral character, attached to the principles of the Constitution of the United States, and well disposed to the good order and happiness of the United States during all relevant periods under the law
He didn't have the green card...............He had come over on a Student Visa for college............which had expired...............I believe the red quotes show the rules.............He was going to be deported for overstaying the college visa even though married...............So he needed a sponsor under the other rules..............My daughter wasn't working and didn't meet the requirements for sponsorship because of her income.

OK. what is the vested interest of the (OP) on this board ? Always defending illegals because they are....oh, yeah, HISPANIC. Can't question illegal aliens, they are like those invaders in that the movie " The thing",eating up the culture and pretending be what they are destroying. That analogy is so striking.Damn, let's don't question question anything.Let them take over.Wow.

Last edited:
Naturalization for Spouses of U.S. Citizens USCIS

In general, you may qualify for naturalization under Section 319(a) of the Immigration and Nationality Act (INA) if you

• Have been a permanent resident (green card holder) for at least 3 years
  • Have been living in marital union with the same U.S. citizen spouse during such time
  • Meet all other eligibility requirements under this section
In certain cases, spouses of U.S. citizens employed abroad may qualify for naturalization regardless of their time as permanent residents. These spouses may qualify under Section 319(b) of the INA.

For more information, see USCIS Policy Manual Citizenship and Naturalization Guidance.

For information relating to spouses of military members, see our Members of the Military and Their Families page. Also for information about becoming a permanent resident or petitioning for family members, please visit our Green Card or Family webpages.

General Eligibility Requirements
To be eligible for naturalization pursuant to section 319(a) of the INA, an applicant must:

• Be 18 or older
  • Be a permanent resident (green card holder) for at least 3 years immediately preceding the date of filing Form N-400, Application for Naturalization
  • Have been living in marital union with the U.S. citizen spouse, who has been a U.S. citizen during all of such period, during the 3 years immediately preceding the date of filing the application and up until examination on the application
  • Have lived within the state, or USCIS district with jurisdiction over the applicant’s place of residence, for at least 3 months prior to the date of filing the application
  • Have continuous residence in the United States as a lawful permanent resident for at least 3 years immediately preceding the date of filing the application
  • Reside continuously within the United States from the date of application for naturalization until the time of naturalization
  • Be physically present in the United States for at least 18 months out of the 3 years immediately preceding the date of filing the application
  • Be able to read, write, and speak English and have knowledge and an understanding of U.S. history and government (also known as civics)
  • Be a person of good moral character, attached to the principles of the Constitution of the United States, and well disposed to the good order and happiness of the United States during all relevant periods under the law
He didn't have the green card...............He had come over on a Student Visa for college............which had expired...............I believe the red quotes show the rules.............He was going to be deported for overstaying the college visa even though married...............So he needed a sponsor under the other rules..............My daughter wasn't working and didn't meet the requirements for sponsorship because of her income.

Are you talking about naturalization or permanent residency? The latter comes before the former.

Forum List

Back