REAL Americans Step-Up-To-The-Plate!!

You think all taxes should be voluntary?

Nice try... not what I said...

I think all charitable efforts should be voluntary.... and that government has no business being a charity... and it also has no business in forcing others to feed some liberal need for governmental charity

I think taxes are for the operation of government.. and should be owed equally by every citizen at the same rate on every dollar earned... not some 'touchy feely' class warfare selective equal treatment bullshit system

I'm guessing an across the board flat tax rate, designed to produce the same amount of revenue we are now getting,

would raise your taxes. Unless you happen to be very very rich.

Am I wrong?

I don't care if it raises, lowers, or stays the same... equal treatment by government... not selective equal treatment for some subjective bullshit view of 'fairness'

What I would love to see Buffett do is give 60% of the Profit Margin from his Insurance Companies that will be raking it all in on the Life Insurance Policies they sell as a result of the Death Tax, that he supported, for personal gain.
Well.....except there IS no (that'd be ISN'T no.....for you Bush-fans) Death Tax.

:rolleyes:

Absolute rubbish and a flat out lie
I believe I already said that.

no, what YOU said is a lie
while it isnt CALLED "the death tax".....
BZZZZZT!!!!!!!

You just lied.

I SAID there was no Death Tax.

....it is still what it is. its called an estate tax
Ah yes....the Estate Tax.

Much better. You sound like an actual-adult, now.​

Inheritance should be taxed the same as income, because that's what it is.

It has already been taxed.... when initially earned... leaving things to your immediate family upon your death should be no concern to the government

That's irrelevant. My income has already been taxed. If I, for example, hired a contractor to put a roof on my house, and paid him out of my already taxed wages,

that hardly makes the case that the contractor shouldn't have to pay income taxes does it?

Even as Mr. Buffett's insurance companies are "protecting" family businesses from the IRS, he is buying companies that are forced to sell themselves to pay the death tax.
We're gonna need to see some examples, of that.....or else it's a lie.

It has already been taxed.... when initially earned... leaving things to your immediate family upon your death should be no concern to the government

That's irrelevant. My income has already been taxed. If I, for example, hired a contractor to put a roof on my house, and paid him out of my already taxed wages,

that hardly makes the case that the contractor shouldn't have to pay income taxes does it?
yes, you PAID him what he EARNED
so HE has to pay tax on HIS earnings
inheritance isn't EARNED

I believe I already said that.

no, what YOU said is a lie
while it isnt CALLED "the death tax".....
BZZZZZT!!!!!!!

You just lied.

I SAID there was no Death Tax.

....it is still what it is. its called an estate tax
Ah yes....the Estate Tax.

Much better. You sound like an actual-adult, now.​
my god you are a fucking moron
the "death tax" is the estate tax you dipshit

You can voluntarily give as much as you want... and many people give just fine without being forced to by government.. and regardless of any politics, I applaud those who give charitably of their own free will

I think all charitable efforts should be voluntary.... and that government has no business being a charity... and it also has no business in forcing others to feed some liberal need for governmental charity

I think taxes are for the operation of government.. and should be owed equally by every citizen at the same rate on every dollar earned... not some 'touchy feely' class warfare selective equal treatment bullshit system

If the government has no business being a charity, then charities should not be tax exempt, nor should churches.

You are paying for a service... where that person is in your employ... either directly or thru a service you purchased....

This is about already earned income and property.. which is already in your family.. you are not hiring your son or daughter or wife to earn your property... they are just receiving it after you no longer exist according to the government

If the government has no business being a charity, then charities should not be tax exempt, nor should churches.

I'm fine with that... if they are earning profits

inheritance isn't EARNED

That makes no sense. 'unearned' income is routinely taxed.

I'm guessing an across the board flat tax rate, designed to produce the same amount of revenue we are now getting,

would raise your taxes. Unless you happen to be very very rich.

Am I wrong?

I don't care if it raises, lowers, or stays the same... equal treatment by government... not selective equal treatment for some subjective bullshit view of 'fairness'
You hardly (that's NOT-hardly, for you Bush-fans) sound like someone who's gotta worry-about Estate Taxes.

inheritance isn't EARNED

That makes no sense. 'unearned' income is routinely taxed.
yeah, capital gains

Forum List

Back