REAL Americans Step-Up-To-The-Plate!!

I'm guessing an across the board flat tax rate, designed to produce the same amount of revenue we are now getting,

would raise your taxes. Unless you happen to be very very rich.

Am I wrong?

I don't care if it raises, lowers, or stays the same... equal treatment by government... not selective equal treatment for some subjective bullshit view of 'fairness'
You hardly (that's NOT-hardly, for you Bush-fans) sound like someone who's gotta worry-about Estate Taxes.

:rolleyes:
Bush hasnt been POTUS for 2 years now
shut the fuck up about him and stop calling people his "fans" unless you know for a fact they are
which you dont
you only show your pathetic stupidity by doing it

Inheritance should be taxed the same as income, because that's what it is.

It has already been taxed.... when initially earned... leaving things to your immediate family upon your death should be no concern to the government
Hey.....you wanna live somewhere, where Royal Families gorge themselves on every penny they can grab (from our National Treasury)???

MOVE!!!

Absolute rubbish and a flat out lie
I believe I already said that.

Nice try
Mission Accomplished!!!!!!!!

825.gif

It has already been taxed.... when initially earned... leaving things to your immediate family upon your death should be no concern to the government

That's irrelevant. My income has already been taxed. If I, for example, hired a contractor to put a roof on my house, and paid him out of my already taxed wages,

that hardly makes the case that the contractor shouldn't have to pay income taxes does it?

You are paying for a service... where that person is in your employ... either directly or thru a service you purchased....

This is about already earned income and property.. which is already in your family.. you are not hiring your son or daughter or wife to earn your property... they are just receiving it after you no longer exist according to the government

They are receiving it as income. And it's not limited to immediate family.

I find it extremely illogical to argue that someone should pay lower taxes on money they receive for doing nothing than they would on money they worked for.

Makes no sense.

I'm guessing an across the board flat tax rate, designed to produce the same amount of revenue we are now getting,

would raise your taxes. Unless you happen to be very very rich.

Am I wrong?

I don't care if it raises, lowers, or stays the same... equal treatment by government... not selective equal treatment for some subjective bullshit view of 'fairness'
You hardly (that's NOT-hardly, for you Bush-fans) sound like someone who's gotta worry-about Estate Taxes.

Maybe I am... maybe I'm not... and it's just killing you to know which... but much like you think you're entitled to know everything about other people's incomes and entitled to your share of it because Burger King don't pay you enough for wearing your drive-thru headphones, you think you're entitled to know my status... my income, my savings, my retirement funds, my portfolio, my house value, and my net worth are my business

That's irrelevant. My income has already been taxed. If I, for example, hired a contractor to put a roof on my house, and paid him out of my already taxed wages,

that hardly makes the case that the contractor shouldn't have to pay income taxes does it?

You are paying for a service... where that person is in your employ... either directly or thru a service you purchased....

This is about already earned income and property.. which is already in your family.. you are not hiring your son or daughter or wife to earn your property... they are just receiving it after you no longer exist according to the government

I find it extremely illogical to argue that someone should pay lower taxes on money they receive for doing nothing than they would on money they worked for.

Makes no sense.

No.. they are not

Now if you want to discuss whether it should be taxed to go to a company, or someone outside of your immediate family... fine... but transferring your assets to family upon your death is not income... though you and your tax happy ilk want it to be

You do nothing for lottery earnings.. and you can argue you don't do shit as an actor compared to a railroad worker... you think those people should be taxed higher too??

no, what YOU said is a lie
while it isnt CALLED "the death tax".....
BZZZZZT!!!!!!!

You just lied.

I SAID there was no Death Tax.

....it is still what it is. its called an estate tax
Ah yes....the Estate Tax.

Much better. You sound like an actual-adult, now.​
my god you are a fucking moron
the "death tax" is the estate tax you dipshit
No.

"death tax" is 'Bagger-speak; i.e. slang, for the ill-educated.

It's the same with the Estate Tax!!!

"A common, and misguided, criticism of the estate tax is that individuals who work hard and save their money should be entitled to pass on the fruits of that labor to their family. I am not against working hard, saving money, or taking care of your family.

However we must acknowledge that the person who accumulates wealth in this country was not able to do that independently. The simple fact of living in America, a country with stable markets and unparalleled opportunity fueled in part by government investment in technology and research (something my family has plenty of firsthand experience of), provide an irreplaceable foundation for success and have created a society which makes it possible for some men, women and their children to live an elegant life.

I attended the University of Washington under the G.I. Bill, and then became a lawyer enjoying a successful career that allowed me to provide well for my family so that they in turn were able to create their own wealth. So I believe that those of us who have benefited so greatly from our country's investment in our lives should be asked to give a portion of our wealth back to invest in opportunities for the future."

The Service you're paying-for is a safe-environment, within-which you CAN generate significant-income!!

You prefer to work, invest, park-your-cash in Mexico??

Knock yourself OUT!!!!

277.gif

no, what YOU said is a lie
while it isnt CALLED "the death tax".....
BZZZZZT!!!!!!!

You just lied.

....it is still what it is. its called an estate tax

Death Tax works for me Sparky. Deal with it. Pussy.
can you believe that moron was actually trying to argue semantics?

Makes no sense.

So you would Tax Income on Insurance Claims as well??? All Income should be taxed, is that your position?

BZZZZZT!!!!!!!

You just lied.

There is something from the Far Left that is so intolerant of Family Wealth, they despise it so much, some seem totally incapable of reason on the matter. The really perceive Government as all powerful, all seeing, the source of all wealth. Fucking Totalitarian, if you ask me.

they better do it BEFORE they die or they will have to give a huge amount of it to the federal government in the "death tax"

That's too funny.

There is no Death Tax.

The dead pay no taxes.

There is something from the Far Left that is so intolerant of Family Wealth, they despise it so much, some seem totally incapable of reason on the matter. The really perceive Government as all powerful, all seeing, the source of all wealth. Fucking Totalitarian, if you ask me.

Not really. It just sounds like he was putting it in its proper perspective. The only people who refer to it as a "Death Tax" are people who parrot extreme right wing talking points. It's a mischaracterization since "The estates of nearly all people who die are tax free" (see link below).

And I don't think either of you would ever have to worry about paying an Estate Tax anyway (Not that I give a shit about how much money you have. It's just the law of averages.) since "the estate of only 0.24 percent of all people who die in 2009 (i.e., the estates of between two and three of every 1,000 people who die) are expected to owe any estate tax, according to the Tax Policy Center.2 And only about 1.3 percent of the few estates that still are taxable are small business or farm estates." (See link below)

http://www.cbpp.org/files/estatetaxmyths.pdf

Last edited:

Forum List

Back